• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite sells 1/10th of MvC3's debut in Japan, 1/6th Pokken DX

Spman2099

He said the Capcom side, not the Marvel side. It's clear to most of us that Marvel Entertainment's hands were all over the Marvel side of the roster.

Gotcha. I missed that part of it. I imagine that is about right. I doubt Marvel gives two shits who make it on to the Capcom side. That side of the roster is completely on Capcom.

Then again, I can't imagine that Marvel would have been okay with those graphics if they had any say in it at all, so I think Capcom has a lot to answer for.

Marvel takes the blame for the lack of the X-Men, which is a huge blunder, but everything else is on Capcom.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Not salty, although I love salty. What I mean it's I've been there done that. It's not the first time that a Capcom fighting game was deemed a flop when it wasn't, it happened with SFV two years ago. MvCI sales wouldn't never catch on in Japan because Japan love them handhelds and most of all Pokemon. Obviously MvC would sell way less than that one there.

oh boy, another "its pokemon it sells" post

almost as bad as "switch has no games ergo it sells"

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I doubt that for example, the new Arc Systems DBZ game will have a stronger online community than MvC, or even sell more than MvC, even if it might start similar or even with better sales. Capcom and Marvel simply are bigger brands when it comes to fighting games.
saving this for later

Tripon

MvC:I didn't chart on it's 2nd week in Japan.

20th game sold less than 4200 copies, so MvC:I for sure did less than that.

Well pretty every fighting game out there has inferior roster to MvC2 pretty much (in regards to pure numbers & probably brand recognition). Unfortunately as tech advanced, games have actually devolved, gotten more expensive, and come with less features (not across the board, but in some cases)

MvC2 was a masterpiece with over 50 characters and you could play it at your local Arcade the way God intended

210.jpg

Come at me bro, nothing can touch this

enjoy your 12 street fighter characters in a versus game my dude

btrboyev

Maybe this is what happens when a game is rushed, has a shitty art style and shitty licensing deals take away almost half of the roster from prior games for no god damned reason at all.

Ninjimbo

MvC:I didn't chart on it's 2nd week in Japan.

20th game sold less than 4200 copies, so MvC:I for sure did less than that.
Wow. That's catastrophically bad. I didn't expect much of anything out of MvCI in Japan, but those numbers are still so low.

I doubt that for example, the new Arc Systems DBZ game will have a stronger online community than MvC, or even sell more than MvC, even if it might start similar or even with better sales. Capcom and Marvel simply are bigger brands when it comes to fighting games.

lol. You're in for some surprise.

DrArchon

I'd have zero problem having a X-men vs SF expansion in MvCi.

MvCI should get one more SF character to rep V (probably Rashid) and no more than that. We don't need a whole expansion for 1 Capcom series when so many series are completely missing.

Grimsen

MvCI should get one more SF character to rep V (probably Rashid) and no more than that. We don't need a whole expansion for 1 Capcom series when so many series are completely missing.

SF and the Xmen are is the legacy franchises of the VS games. They need way more reps. That's just my opinion, of course.

Sesha

UMvC3's roster is up there with 3rd Strike, Smash 4, KoF11 and 14 for me.

Imagine if we got X, Gene, Nina, Gill, Miles Morales and more like originally planned. Would have been the all-time greatest roster

Agreed, that truly was a fantastic roster.

Capcom should have just done what KoF did
and rehash the entire cast of MVC3U and add the new DLC and new characters from MVCi
keep the same MVC3U graphics - just improve them tweak and balance a few characters (like phoenix) and call it MVC4.

lantus

There is negative stigma associated with this game. Sales reflect that everywhere. Capcom dropped the ball on this one for real.

DR2K

Banned
Did people ask for this game to be made? Capcom made a mistake developing this game.

People wanted an updated UMVC3 with new characters. What we got was an updated SFXT with Capcoms losers facing off with the MCU on a shoestring budget.

Ricky 7

It flopped because there's no Akuma in it, same reason SFV flopped. By the time they added him it was too late the damage was already done. I guess no X-Men inclusion had something to do with it as well but it's mainly because there's no Akuma😋

Top Bottom