• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite's Collector's Edition is being sent out and...

DJy6nPfV4AEp3IA

What's the quality on the statues though? They actually look nice for a collectors edition.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What's the quality on the statues though? They actually look nice for a collectors edition.

they seem fine from various videos. I just linked one earlier, you be the judge I guess (Max puts the statues right up to the camera so it doesnt get more detailed than that unless, well, youre holding them yourelf I guess).

Could you get them standing side by side and take a front side photo?

thats not his photo, its just one from the internet

they seem fine from various videos. I just linked one earlier, you be the judge I guess (Max puts the statues right up to the camera so it doesnt get more detailed than that unless, well, youre holding them yourelf I guess).

I just got through Max's video. Im shocked how good the statue's look compared to other CE's where they usually end up being terrible.

.la1n

Is this false advertising?

The promo image looks widely different from the actual product.

EDIT: Even the box looks wildly different. They can't get away with this, this is just absurd.

Companies typically use doctored images for promo. That's why I exercise an immense amount of caution when considering collector's editions. I typically only buy the ones that have pre release videos/images of the products. You can still get duped but less so.

JP

Still better than that Witcher 2 abomination.

Seriously, I think all these things are terrible but the ugliness of that Witcher 2 thing looped back in on itself and it became a thing of absolute beauty. The Witcher 2 "thing" is the only one that I would have ever handed over cash for.

EDIT:
Aaaaaand, there it is!!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The base on those figures couldn't look any more cheap. What on earth are those blue/green and red/orange slabs about.
The characters are standing on the the rainbow bridge in Asgard (or, specifically, XGard from MvC:I).

Also the bases can interlock with each other in different configurations IIRC. So Chun can be left of X or vice versa.

One of my favorite aspects of the incessant Capcom defenders is they like to imply we can only complain about something once.

"Yeah, some of us talked about this two weeks ago for a few hours, so I have no idea why this is still being discussed."
It is old news. It's just no one bothered to make a thread.

I noticed this on one of the marketing unboxing videos a month or so ago and cancelled my pre-order for it. I don't need some tacky Christmas bulbs in a suitcase, thanks.

One of my favorite aspects of the incessant Capcom defenders is they like to imply we can only complain about something once.

"Yeah, some of us talked about this two weeks ago for a few hours, so I have no idea why this is still being discussed."
More like some people bring up the same shit over and over just to derail any thread they can, like you are right now. "Yeah I know SFV has been out for a year, but I just want to remind everyone that it didn't have arcade mode at launch so I didn't buy it."

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
y'all motherfuckers worried they look bad, im here thinking "those are way too fucking big, how do you fit them in a gauntlet?" ;_;

PSqueak

Banned
Personally i appreciate the cheap look in the sense that they remind me more of the comicbook ones, but then again, i didn't buy the collectors edition.

mas8705

That really sucks... I actually did consider getting the collector's edition just for the stones and was planning to sell the statues. However, after they were shown in the stream of how lackluster they actually looked (and how they couldn't be taken out of the box), I canceled the pre-order and went back down to just the regular price.

Top Bottom