• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite's Collector's Edition is being sent out and...

I know no one is trying to hear this, because the hate-train already left the building...
but the Stones actually look like eggs in the game:
https://youtu.be/UEmhvPoWHWY?t=34s
ovHIUxf.png

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Hahahahahaha oh wow lmao

yeah this been known for already like 2 weeks. definitely sucks but the statues look dope

I will not have any of you deny me the chance to dunk on MvC Shitfinite (you guys like that one? I just came up with it).

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I wonder what Capcom's excuse was for this lol.

The Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Collectors Edition was produced in extremely limited quantities for our biggest fans. Each stone was hand crafted and as such there may be slight imperfections. We've been listening to feedback and couldn't be more overjoyed to see the unwavering support from our community.

We are dedicated to supporting our fanvase and will continue to dedicate resources to further improve and enrich the fighting experience in MvCI for years to come.

fuck you give me money

DrArchon

Remember kids: don't buy collector's editions for stuff that isn't stuff like artbooks and soundtrack CDs.

99% of the time whatever statue or model it comes with will be complete garbage.

usctrojan

Remember kids: don't buy collector's editions for stuff that isn't stuff like artbooks and soundtrack CDs.

99% of the time whatever statue or model it comes with will be complete garbage.

And one day when you move or just realize a clean look is the right aesthetic to most living areas (maybe one or two statues can be forgivable if very tasteful), you realize you have a ton of trash to cram into your closets.

yeah saw this earlier, good example of the promo item being photoshopped and fake to oblivion and back, everything about the final item looks cheap, thrown together and wrong in comparison.

Bronetta

And one day when you move or just realize a clean look is the right aesthetic to most living areas (maybe one or two statues can be forgivable if very tasteful), you realize you have a ton of trash to cram into your closets.

While I agree with you, I have a row of like 10 amiibo which I appreciate (represents both my gaming and childhood history). But that shelf is getting full which is a sign to stop.

Gren

Lol, and to think, one of my friends, who's a big Thanos fan, was thinking of getting this just for the stones. Good thing they didn't.

HardRojo

It's the texture that makes them look so bad lol, at least the statues look nice, but I ain't paying $150 for that shit, I already got to pay $60 plus $30 for all characters.

Zafir

I assume that was just a botched one lol :D

Nah, It was a big enough issue that CD Projekt actually went to the trouble of sending replacements.

It seemed to be how they shipped them + what they used in the box to hold it. They only used really flimsy plastic inside the box, and the weight of the bust just broke it, allowing it to freely bang around during shipment.

Mine didn't arrive as bad as the one in the picture, but it arrived with the nose knocked off, and some scuffs. The replacement they sent was perfect, though, and they even included a witcher medallion as an apology.

Honestly, if it wasn't for that the CE was really good. It was £65 and included quite a lot cool stuff for the price. Compare that to CE's now where you pay £250 for something half as good.
SEGA's CEs are good. Got Sonic Generations, Sonic Mania and saw the Yakuza CEs at Deep Silver.

The Sonic Mania CE was awful. Statue looked to be cheap plastic. Definitely not worth the £80 or whatever it was they were charging for it.

Edit: See here for the bad reviews, https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-Mani...e=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&sortBy=recent

Forward

It's the texture that makes them look so bad lol, at least the statues look nice, but I ain't paying $150 for that shit, I already got to pay $60 plus $30 for all characters.

Where do you get that $30 estimate from? You can't Photoshop idealism that hard, even, lolol.

Top Bottom