• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvelous Financial Report Briefing: Rune Factory 5 not out l 2020, Unannounced game had "Sexy elements" removed

Rune Factory 5 will “definitely not” release before April 2020, Marvelous said during its latest financial results briefing.

According to the company, development on the the simulation game sequel has only just begun and requires time to be carefully made. The company hopes to release Rune Factory 5 in the next fiscal year (between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021).

Officially, Rune Factory 5 has been announced for a 2020 release on Switch.

Unrelated to Rune Factory 5, Marvelous also said it is considering a new title in the Story of Seasons series for console, and that it is an important property it wants to develop with care.

Finally, the company commented on sexual elements in its games, stating that they are “getting harder to make.” A sexual element had to be removed from one of its unannounced games, which lowered its sales forecast.

Last edited:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
They said before April 2020. It is expected in the next fiscal year bro. It even says the game is expected between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.

Also fuck da Soyny

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa
Yeah, I screwed up the title, if any mod could be so kind to fix it, I would be grateful.

As for the game, I doubt is SK7 since that was announced already. I'm hoping is Valkyrie Drive 2

Reactions: Isa

iconmaster

Banned
A sexual element had to be removed from one of its unannounced games, which lowered its sales forecast.

That's interesting. I wonder if you can get insured for revenue lost due to "random acts of the Sony gods."

brap

Banned
Can they just announce the unannounced game already so I know not to care about it?
The switch feels like it's shaping up to be the new DS. Remember having a lot of japanese shit on it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom