• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's No Good, Very Bad New York Comic Con

Vibranium

Banned
The more things go on, the more I think Marvel is going to have to eventually do a bigger reboot than constant relaunches. Of course, the price of their books is still a massive barrier, especially for countries outside of the United States.

Winter Soldier is in this book for now.

And the crappy MCU mask from Thunderbolts is still there. Oh well, I'll check out, thanks.

Xisiqomelir

On the first day of the convention, relationships between retailers and Marvel continued to sour, with a closed-door meeting reportedly becoming "heated", with store owners going further than complaining about the lenticular covers and instead addressing the trend over the last couple of years to replace familiar versions of characters with more diverse incarnations, which itself turned into a discussion over whether or not diversity in superhero comics "works." According to multiple sources, the meeting ended without resolving the tension between Marvel reps and retailers, with the discussion continuing loudly outside the meeting room.

Why can't we ever get the juicy off-the-record quotes on this stuff

The more things go on, the more I think Marvel is going to have to eventually do a bigger reboot than constant relaunches. Of course, the price of their books is still a massive barrier, especially for countries outside of the United States.

I've been thinking about what a reboot would be like for a while, and personally I would make it a mixture of what DC started to do for the New52 with what Insomaniac kind of got going with their Upcoming Spider-Man game.

Set it so Superheroics in Marvel have effectively been taking place for a decade in-universe.
  • Year 0 is when the Fantastic Four and Doom first went into space.
  • Year 1 is when the Avengers formed and Captain America was unfrozen.
  • Year 2 is when Peter got bitten by one of the radioactive spiders and Xavier first opens his doors take in Mutants.
And then spread on from there.

Top Bottom