• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mary Skelter Nightmares - Gameplay overview trailer, releasing 09/19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6_3HQ0YU4c
http://gematsu.com/2017/08/mary-ske...eptember-19-north-america-september-22-europe

Tf0qWeL.jpg

Gematsu said:
Mary Skelter: Nightmares will launch for PS Vita in North America on September 19 and in Europe on September 22, publisher Idea Factory International announced. It will be available both physically and digitally, and will be compatible with PlayStation TV.
That's stretching the boundaries of "Summer 2017" a bit, but whatever, I'll take it.

MegaMelon

"Lower your level to reach a new power". I assume this is like resting in Etrian Odyssey in that it gives you bonus stats at the cost of lowering your level? Looks ok, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Gradon

I love, love, love the key art to this game. How's the fan service? I dislike fan service but if it's not overtly in my face I can tolerate it.

MrDoctor

yeah i already decided to pass because of that. it's not so much the fanservice as it is supporting the idea of "we literally can not release a vita game without the exact same rubbing mechanic in every other vita game because it's in every other vita game." show some faith in your product

I love, love, love the key art to this game. How's the fan service? I dislike fan service but if it's not overtly in my face I can tolerate it.

The rubbing minigame isn't optional, but you only have to view it once for each character before it let's you skip it. Each character also has their own blood form which is about as suggestive as the more suggestive Neptunia forms, if you've seen those. It also has quite a few cg scenes that are pretty suggestive. In other words, you're not dodging the fanservice in this one.

Ugh, tired of lazy/scope reducing first person battles.

Drpgs probably aren't for you then, as the majority of them are like this and will continue to be like this because it's a fairly niche genre that doesn't get the numbers to expand. This one actually puts a bit more effort into battles at least, where you're taken to a different screen for fights and not just placing the enemies over the dungeon wall.

Gradon

Here's an old PV that may answer your question, and probably not in the way you want. Though I have no idea how important that Vita Minigame™ is to the gameplay.

Yikes. I would like to avoid that at all costs. Everything else is ticking my boxes but that minigame is giving me major turn offs. I hope someone could elaborate if it's a requirement or not. It's why I never bothered with Criminal Girls.

Saphirax

Yikes. I would like to avoid that at all costs. Everything else is ticking my boxes but that minigame is giving me major turn offs. I hope someone could elaborate if it's a requirement or not. It's why I never bothered with Criminal Girls.

I've read that you can skip it after the first time. Hopefully that's true.

Slermy

The rubbing minigame isn't optional, but you only have to view it once for each character before it let's you skip it. Each character also has their own blood form which is about as suggestive as the more suggestive Neptunia forms, if you've seen those. It also has quite a few cg scenes that are pretty suggestive. In other words, you're not dodging the fanservice in this one.

This is unfortunate. I too was quite interested in this game.

I can handle fanservice to an extent (mainline Senran Kagura) but sometimes it's just too far (Senran Kagura: Bon Appetite).

Top Bottom