• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 PS3 releasing on Jan. 18 (NA) and Jan. 21 (EU) | Demo Dec. 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leatherface

lol @ ME2 being terrible. cmon guys. It may not be as "RPG" as you like it, but it's certainly no where close to being terrible. :lol

Wallach

heringer said:
When do I unlock Warp with Vanguard?

Played as Sentinel and it was pretty fun too.

Vanguards do not have access to Warp.

Which, now that I think about it, makes me not understand how TheSeks was spamming Warp...

heringer

Wallach said:
Vanguards do not have access to Warp.

Which, now that I think about it, makes me not understand how TheSeks was spamming Warp...
Yeah, I figured he was mistaken. Maybe he was thinking of Sentinel?

dralla

lol wut? femshep looks like ass compared to male shepard. it's tough to make a good looking femshep, it's crazy how bioware treats her like shit. why not scan a person like they did with male, or even NPCs like miranda. they didn't even giver her unique hair, just NPC hair.

the best femshep I've seen,

Andromeda_Collage_02.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
dralla said:
lol wut? femshep looks like ass compared to male shepard. it's tough to make a good looking femshep, it's crazy how bioware treats her like shit. why not scan a person like they did with male, or even NPCs like miranda. they didn't even giver her unique hair, just NPC hair.

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae219/scampermax/Mass%20Effect%20Screenshots/Andromeda%20Shepard/Andromeda_Collage_02.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]
Looks the same as the rest.

heringer

dralla said:

femshep
Well, a good example. That looks pretty good. Can you find a good looking male Sheppard?

The one I linked looks great too (the hair is modded though).

femshep.jpg

Tried so damn hard for a decent femshep with ME1

..it's impossible, it really is.

Default male is permenately tied to the franchise with me at this point.

This is your Shepard!

ewwwtf_2.jpg

heringer

The default one looks ok, but try to make a custom one...

Jerk 2.0 said:
Pretty much.

Bioware fucking dropped the ball on Femshep. Hard.

Even if you don't like the faces, can we agree that at least the voice is better?

Darknessbear said:
Uncharted sucks compared to Mass Effect, Mass Effect has wayyy better dialogue choice options and better RPG aspects. Plus in Uncharted you can't even leave earth. Lame.

LOL, i love you man! i wanted to say something like this but didn't have the guts :D but yeah enough about Uncharted, please people, let it go...

here's something i wanted to ask about the game:

how long of a game is this actually? with all the DLC included, can i expect a lengthy 20-30 hour experience at least? i usually take it slow and take in the atmosphere and explore every little nook and cranny..

Wallach

astroturfing said:
LOL, i love you man! i wanted to say something like this but didn't have the guts :D but yeah enough about Uncharted, please people, let it go...

how long of a game is this actually? with all the DLC included, can i expect a lengthy 20-30 hour experience at least? i usually take it slow and take in the atmosphere and explore every little nook and cranny..

If you really hit everything including the DLC you can easily get 50+ hours out of it.

bj00rn_

Banned
astroturfing said:

Yeah I do too, and I spent about 40 hours mucking about before it was finished - DLC not counted.

Wazzim said:
I hate the fact that you can't skip all cutscenes/pauze them :/

You could skip them in the 360 version, no reason you can't in the PS3 version. Maybe something with the demo.

Edit: Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe some of the cutscenes can't be skipped.. I'm not sure anymore..

Luthos

I've made custom Sheperds, but my first run through for ME2 was the continuation of my default Sheperd Soldier. He just fits the part as the main character.

I change it up on following play throughs.

IoCaster

heringer said:
Well, they are at least better than the male ones, by quite a margin!

Nah...good male Sheps are easy.

zombieshep2.png

Decent FemSheps are tough to create. The hair styles especially just plain suck.

femshep1.png

Feorax

Game runs a lot better than I was expecting from a 360 to PS3 port, but I'm dissapointed they used Mordins recruitment mission for the demo. That whole area I've always found quite boring.

I dont see why they didn't just use the section that would have been immediately following the first half of the demo.

IoCaster

Feorax said:
Game runs a lot better than I was expecting from a 360 to PS3 port, but I'm dissapointed they used Mordins recruitment mission for the demo. That whole area I've always found quite boring.

I dont see why they didn't just use the section that would have been immediately following the first half of the demo.

They probably wanted to mix it up a bit and give the player something other than Mechs to shoot at. Not to mention that you get your first look at the Collectors on the FP mission and them not wanting to spoil too much in the demo.

Wallach said:
If you really hit everything including the DLC you can easily get 50+ hours out of it.

AWESOME. that means probably like 80-100 hours for me since i really am slow. ohh man i'm getting so pumped for this.

i just love big meaty experiences like this.. i'm so afraid they are becoming less and less common with all the shallow and completely linear 4-8 hour games selling the most :(

Loudninja

Man I really like the demo the combat is fun the graphics are good and I like how they did the conversations. I only wish you could adjust the camera somewhat.

Loudninja said:
Man I really like the demo the combat is fun the graphics are good and I like how they did the conversations. I only wish you could adjust the camera somewhat.
I hate that the reticule is always on screen. It should only appear when I'm aiming.

IoCaster

Loudninja said:

Unless you mean during combat, once you holster your piece and outside of conversations/cutscenes you can swing the camara any which way you want.

Loudninja

IoCaster said:
Unless you mean during combat, once you holster your piece and outside of conversations/cutscenes you can swing the camara any which way you want.
I know the camera feels stiff you know?Its a little too close to him as well.

all the femshep defense force on neogaf is making me want to get this game on ps3 and play it again. But I am attached to my Omar Shepard as well (I didn't think the male VA was that bad really). What to do, what to do.

IoCaster

Loudninja said:
I know the camera feels stiff you know?Its a little too close to him as well.

Yeah, it's a bit tight for me as well, but unless you're playing and tweaking the PC version there's not much to be done about it. On the plus side, once you're rolling along after a few missions and getting into the flow of the game you get used to it. *shrug*

Loudninja

IoCaster said:
Yeah, it's a bit tight for me as well, but unless you're playing and tweaking the PC version there's not much to be done about it. On the plus side, once you're rolling along after a few missions and getting into the flow of the game you get used to it. *shrug*
Yeah I gotten use to it already :)

Ploid 3.0

I thought my black fem shepards looked hawt. I didn't save the numbers for later use because it seemed easy enough for me to recreate them. Maybe it's the light skinned ones (not all the way black but brown). I don't make too many white people when I can choose.

Karak

IoCaster said:
I've played the game on both X360 and PC multiple times, but this thread prompted me to download and play the PS3 demo. From what I've played it seems like a competent port aside from a few graphical glitches here and there.
I did that as well. It is a good port. Doesn't perform better, has issues that the 360 doesn't and has a couple things the 360 version doesn't. For those who haven't played 2 its going to be a fun ride. Far more enjoyable if they play #1 than play a fucking comic book but that's basically as good as could be done I guess.

The shadow weirdness and random GFX issues do bother me though. I can't really figure out why something gets released with that kind of thing.

Wallach

astroturfing said:
AWESOME. that means probably like 80-100 hours for me since i really am slow. ohh man i'm getting so pumped for this.

i just love big meaty experiences like this.. i'm so afraid they are becoming less and less common with all the shallow and completely linear 4-8 hour games selling the most :(

I don't think you're going to be disappointed. The only beef I have with ME2 really is that it has a bad case of middle-of-trilogy-itis in terms of where it goes with the overall plot of the "Shepard saga". That said, they do quite a bit in terms of further fleshing out the universe and I really feel like going into ME3 they have the opportunity to make a truly fucking amazing game to finish it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom