• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Comic-Con Announcement: Canon Female Shepard Appearance Vote

xemumanic

Why not just have all 6 in game for us to choose? Its not like its gonna take much more space. Hell, if it does, make it a DLC.

DanielJr82

With the exception of Number 4, they all look pretty masculine. Like the Calvin Klein guys. I guess I sort of grew attached to the default appearance of FemShep from ME1 (red head, green eyes, scar on eyebrow).

Walshicus

xemumanic said:
Why not just have all 6 in game for us to choose? Its not like its gonna take much more space. Hell, if it does, make it a DLC.
This isn't about which are available as options, it's which is the "canon" female Shepard. At least that's what I'm reading from it.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Sennorin said:
Lucky bastard!
quagmire-oh.png

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
They all look like babies, and I don't really care because I'll use my girl :)
That said, I think I'll give her short hair like #1. I like that. Desperate times man....

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Here's what five seconds in Photoshop got me.

9YNk2.jpg

Come on, Bioware. Why wasn't the true red hair femshep in this vote?

Anteater

Staccat0 said:
They all look like babies, and I don't really care because I'll use my girl :)
That said, I think I'll give her short hair like #1. I like that. Desperate times man....

I hope they keep all those hair and let you modify and apply them on your character.

metalshade

metalshade said:
No.1 Looks like my wife! Definitely gets my vote!
But Goodness me stop voting for 5! I HATE BLONDES!

I will say it again, STOP voting for 5!
Please! For all that is good in the world, stop voting for the blonde!
*Ahem excuse my outburst.*

metalshade said:
I will say it again, STOP voting for 5!
Please! For all that is good in the world, stop voting for the blonde!
*Ahem excuse my outburst.*
Now I'll create 3 extra fake FB accounts, just to vote for the blonde.

metalshade

brotkasten said:
Now I'll create 3 extra fake FB accounts, just to vote for the blonde.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Lol.
I dont even have facebook, so I couldnt even begin to start evening out the scores!
Such a shame that the generic cookie cutter blonde will win as usual.
As to the others saying nice things about my wife, thanks.

Makoto

^ Slightly better but I'd prefer if they just went with a different look entirely. The faces we've been given still look like Shepard just got out of undergraduate school rather than years of serving with the Alliance.

Casey Hudson appears to have confirmed that Kinect will only feature voice commands. Some had speculated that you would be able to control the galaxy map or even control the Normandy by stretching your arms out and running around your living room making aeroplane noises, they will be disappointed it seems :-

Speaking to NowGamer about the dialogue and squad command Kinect features revealed at E3, Hudson confirmed that there are no more Kinect features in the pipeline for Mass Effect 3.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/997290..._kinect_integration_not_possible_bioware.html

Mr_Zombie

Crewnh said:
If it's just voice commands, what the hell is the point of it being a Kinect only feature.
Because Microsoft provides them the API that does the whole voice interface. If it's anything like Microsoft SAPI (it probably is), using it you can implement voice recognition controls within just few lines of code. With PC and PS3, BioWare would need to implement voice recognition themselves or use a different API.

Of course, one could ask why one can't simply use headset on X360. Well, Microsoft have to sell Kinect somehow ;).

Kinyou

Mr_Zombie said:
Of course, one could ask why one can't simply use headset on X360. Well, Microsoft have to sell Kinect somehow ;).
I'd love to see an interviewer ask this question; just to hear the nonsensical tech explanation the PR guy would give.

Kinyou said:
I'd love to see an interviewer ask this question; just to hear the nonsensical tech explanation the PR guy would give.
blah blah 4 microphone array blah Kinect speech recognition API blah blah better than evar blah!

rozay

Banned
Kinyou said:
It's because the APIs allow them to implement it without a lot of extra work on their part. I don't think it's a big enough feature that the other systems will miss it, though it might be handy due to the 360 controller's limited power hotkeys-you can use more powers without having to resort to the power wheel every time. Really disappointed they're not trying to do something with the galaxy map and kinect, that would be incredible to play with.

Also, new (probably spoileriffic) quote regarding Cerberus from an interview with Casey Hudson last night"
"And there's something between them and Cerberus, the organization that The Illusive Man runs. That's part of what you need to figure out is: why does Cerberus almost appear to be working with the Reapers?" Can definitely mean something stupid plot-wise, but at least it's not just "lol all of cerberus is indoctrinated"

Time for me to go on blackout for this game, can't wait for march!

jgminto

Whatever they choose as the main Femshep please have the default(s) as preset. It was really annoying not being able to choose standard Shep with different hair.

Lakitu

st5fu
The Presidium will be back it seems. First bit of a good ME 3 news for a while.

CaseyDHudson Casey Hudson
Seeing how the Citadel Presidium is going to look in #ME3 makes me wish I lived there. Where would you live as a citizen of the ME universe?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Fuck the Presidium.

I would rather die than live in MEverse. I only want to live in places where physics makes sense and the space gestapo doesn't run interstellar politics.

Top Bottom