• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Comic-Con Announcement: Canon Female Shepard Appearance Vote

Anteater

I kind of agree with shepard being older, I kind of imagined shepard to be a bit of an older soldier than a young super model, kind of goes well with her deeper voice, heck my shepard is bald :lol

I'd really like to see a take on a more unique appearance like the boss in mgs3, perhaps give her more masculine features since they seem to use the same animations as male shep, but I don't think bioware likes to put too much attention to details, and this is just for marketing and boxart, so oh well.

inky

Zoramon089 said:
How hard is it for Bioware to just get a female model in her 30s to use? Oh wait, they probably don't really care...

They care more than you think, they are only trying to engage and please their most hardcore community!

The same community that asked them to include interactions such as *hug* *hold hands* & *kiss* in future DA games, because Merrill is just Oh so cute! :3 Bioware's response: "we are definitely considering it"...

Takuan

Kinyou said:
I would bet with you that still half of the people here wouldn't have liked it.
"SO UGLY."

I wouldn't have minded it, personally, but she wouldn't have been any more convincing as a hardened war hero.

i-Lo

I found this picture a long time ago and the first thing I thought was, "Wow, if only she was the female Shepard!". Colour her hair what you will but I feel her face and hair style makes a great template to work on:

2ljrwg2.jpg

Anteater

Zoramon089 said:
How hard is it for Bioware to just get a female model in her 30s to use? Oh wait, they probably don't really care...

They do care, but this is something that has to appeal to the larger demographic =P

Mindlog

Well this is going as expected. I can see why people say they look like Natalie Portman/KN. So did Jack. Ah crap Jack killed Femshep and took her place.

#5 actually looks a lot like Laura Surrich.

I don't use Vandershep so I'm pretty indifferent on the subject. As long as Femshep still hates Batarians it will work.

rakhir

i-Lo said:
I found this picture a long time ago and the first thing I thought was, "Wow, if only she was the female Shepard!". Colour her hair what you will but I feel her face and hair style makes a great template to work on:
[ IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2ljrwg2.jpg[/IMG]

Wow, you are right. Perfect model for this.

hwalker84 said:
#5 is Blonde White Valley girl in space or Bioware trying to recreate Samus.
Samus is pretty great, so why's this bad?

tiff said:
I didn't notice it before but I liked how his solution to fix Samus was to basically throw some mud on her.
Hey, it worked for Lara "Reboot" Croft, right?

I'd go 4 or 6 I guess. 6 just because of the hair.

My real pick would be None of the Above.

Samara

I voted for #5 cause it looks almost identical to my own Shepard. But I really like #6, totally using her, she's hot.

Is it the lighting or does #3 have a long ponytail?

I honestly don't consider Mass Effect to be a dark, gritty science fiction world. It's epic space opera and has become even more so with the sequels. Screw gritty realism, I want my sexy heroes!

amdnv

i-Lo said:

One more perfect score from me. That's a spot-on Shepard.

Kinyou

PairOfFilthySocks said:
I honestly don't consider Mass Effect to be a dark, gritty science fiction world. It's epic space opera and has become even more so with the sequels. Screw gritty realism, I want my sexy heroes!
True, many forget that Mass Effect is based on all the cheesy 60s sci-fi films. Shepard should look like this

4420341016_b8ffd036ff_o.jpg

The M.O.B

Samara said:
I voted for #5 cause it looks almost identical to my own Shepard. But I really like #6, totally using her, she's hot.

Is it the lighting or does #3 have a long ponytail?

Yes she has a ponytail, because there is only one view a lot of people think #3 has short hair. But it's bunched up at the top into a ponytail.

Fail on Bioware for not including multiple angles.

Dan Yo

Banned
Lostconfused said:
You mean something closer to this?

830px-AshTherum.png
Well Ashley is still pretty young looking compared to what I'm thinking of. Her facial model also isn't nearly as good looking as number 5.

Loxley

1 = Meh, too boyish.
2 = A little too heavy on the "tough chick" mascara.
3 = My choice, really like it.
4 = Looks too much like a Victoria Secret model.
5 = Looks like Elena from Uncharted if she became a street corner prostitute.
6 = This is totally a personal thing, but I really dislike bangs like that on chicks, so, eh...

Yeah, #3 gets my vote. Perfect combination if tough and feminine without trying too hard. Really seems like it would be the female doppelganger of Dude Shepard.

Jerk

Banned
Would have been happy with either 1 or 4. 5 looks nice, but I would have preferred a more original choice.

Still, this has little effect past launch.

Ugh 5 is winning...

People aren't thinking in terms of the game and the trailers/box art. It looks neat there, but trust me the blonde will look terrible in trailers (ingame); it will clash with everything.

I like #3 the most, but it really should be #1 as the base Shepard. #5 may look the hottest or be the best in that compostion... but think outside this. Oh well, that's biowares fault for letting the fanshorny dudes decide.

ameratsu

The default female shepard from the first two games is fine. Face customization in general is overrated though and I rarely spend time fiddling with settings that have no effect on gameplay.

Although that model/actress looks nothing like the FemShep I used, she'd be a much better fit than those teen models they offered up.

(please excuse the bad/rushed 'shop. Scar her up a bit/harden her and you're already ahead of the game)

Replicant

Talon- said:
So what's the female equivalent of a DudeBro?

sPUb8.jpg

Actually, I think the girl whose picture someone in the previous page posted have the attitude of a leader as well:

i-Lo said:

2ljrwg2.jpg

In comparison, those 5 options Bioware presented looks weak and doll-like.

Jarmel

Banned
Peter.Simpson909 said:
Although that model/actress looks nothing like the FemShep I used, she'd be a much better fit than those teen models they offered up.

(please excuse the bad/rushed 'shop. Scar her up a bit/harden her and you're already ahead of the game)

God that's scary. She has that haunted look.

jambo

Peter.Simpson909 said:

KILL IT!

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Top Bottom