• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Comic-Con Announcement: Canon Female Shepard Appearance Vote

jackdoe

Pimpbaa said:
You can still use it, for all you ugly women loving freaks.
Haha. Bioware's character creator truly results in some ugly looking men and women (on par with Bethesda's own creations).

Kinyou

Pimpbaa said:
Which is why I don't get why people are complaining. Although I can't see why people would still want the old default because it was absolutely terrible (a duckface that looked like it was made out of silly putty).
yeah, Bioware is really playing it safe here. Noone loses everybody just wins something

Kinyou

tiff said:
I wouldn't go that far.
motugly3.jpg

CharmingCharlie said:
The purpose of the contest is to allow us to choose the PUBLIC face of Femshep. Which ever femshep model wins that becomes the femshep we will see on trailers, promotional stuff and it will be the femshep that appears on the box art of the CE version. In addition she will also be a new default femshep that you can choose to play if you want.

The old default femshep will still be available to play if you wish to do so (Casey has confirmed this) i.e. there are now 2 default femsheps, the old one and the new one. You won't be forced to use the new default femshep if you are using the old default femshep. If you are using the old default femshep then it will not magically change into the new default femshep.
Thank you for explaining this thoroughly. I am putting down my pitchfork...

Jarmel

Banned
CharmingCharlie said:
The purpose of the contest is to allow us to choose the PUBLIC face of Femshep. Which ever femshep model wins that becomes the femshep we will see on trailers, promotional stuff and it will be the femshep that appears on the box art of the CE version. In addition she will also be a new default femshep that you can choose to play if you want.

The old default femshep will still be available to play if you wish to do so (Casey has confirmed this) i.e. there are now 2 default femsheps, the old one and the new one. You won't be forced to use the new default femshep if you are using the old default femshep. If you are using the old default femshep then it will not magically change into the new default femshep.

Wait does that mean all the CEs have femshep on it or is it something like an optional reversible cover?

Jarmel said:
Wait does that mean all the CEs have femshep on it or is it something like an optional reversible cover?
It is my understanding that all the CE versions will have maleshep on the front and femshep on the back. The winner of this facebook contest will be the femshep that you see on the back of the CE case.

The Maleshep is still their focus which is fair enough but I kinda like the fact they are throwing a bit of recognition femsheps way even if it is the final game for Shepard.

Pimpbaa

Mr Jared said:
I like all the choices to be honest, it doesn't bother me since everyone knows that your shep > default shep. It's just how everyone is. But making her a generic blonde hair, blue eyes "hot chick" feels like such a cheap cop-out for the character.

That's what people are voting for. I picked the blonde not because she was a blonde but because I thought she was the most attractive. There isn't a whole lot of thought process involved in that. I don't stop and think, well maybe I shouldn't like her because blonde is generic.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
niz said:
Not sure if already been posted but here is a better look on 5 & 6 :
I voted for 6 and now I feel vindicated.

5 is starting to look like Keira Knightly.

Edit:

I finally remembered who 6 reminds me of...

p5WKA.jpg

tiff

Banned
Jinfash said:
She's not fit to fight. A vote for Knightly is a vote for anorexia, dammit!
It's science fantasy man. Who wouldn't want to be immersed in a universe where Keira Knightley can be the galaxy's savior?

I think my biggest problem and reason for all of them looking awful is they're all making the same stupid stoic face. I mean I get it, planet ending event going on in the background, still though...

Akainu

.GqueB. said:
Not exactly lazy. They have the same face but they all look completely different given how the hairstyles, eyes and skin color change.
The eyes are the same and one one has a different skin color.

edit: two my mistake

Dan Yo

Banned
They all look way too young, but if I had to choose one of them it'd probably be 5 just because she's easily the hottest. Make her Brunette and about 15 years older and then you'd be on to something. A military woman would probably be more likely to have her hair pinned up as well.

Anteater

I want to see 4 and 6 with different hair, seems to be the only ones with a different skin tone and more changes to the face, but they had to give them crappy hair.

Dan Yo said:
They all look way too young, but if I had to choose one of them it'd probably be 5 just because she's easily the hottest. Make her Brunette and about 15 years older and then you'd be on to something. A military woman would probably be more likely to have her hair pinned up as well.
You mean something closer to this?

830px-AshTherum.png

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I hope number 5 wins since that's how my FemShep looks like the most.

[edit]

Jinfash said:
The votes so far, fwiw:

#5: 12,574 people like this.

#3: 6,608 people like this.

#4: 4,840 people like this.

#1: 4,241 people like this.

#2: 2,665 people like this.

#6: 1,451 people like this.

People voting for their waifus, confirmed.

e6otap.gif

Top Bottom