• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Debut Trailer - Holiday 2011 - 360/PS3/PC

8 years of planning the ME trilogy and they are going to end it fighting reapers on earth?

What the hell was the point.

London looked a whole lot worse during the student protests a few days ago and it took the Reapers a whole week to kill 7 million. Way to go Bioware, in giving a sense of urgency and importance.

Solo

Use of Mass Effect 1 music? Awesome.
Setting the game on earth? Incredibly lame. The scope of this series seems to be shrinking with each game :(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
EmCeeGramr said:
I'm sure it will have awesome shooting and tons of great characters, but I hate how this really cool story of a galactic civilization full of interesting species with their own unique cultures will boil down to "special chosen one saves humanity from alien invasion."

:lol :lol :lol

Why am I crying, if its so funny?

Chinner

Banned
i guess mass effect 1 was a glitch after all. its kind of depressing actually. we started of with such potential, i mean it was incredible. mass effect was and still is gotg...and then it justs gets worse and worse.

Sotha Sil

HK-47 said:
That trailer was hilarious.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Some English dude is narrating the war. Cue War of the Worlds-like invasion. Cue Shepard not giving a damn. :lol

Solo

Zombie James said:
ME2 was released in January of this year. If ME3 releases in October of 2011, that'll be nearly 2 years (20 months) later. Doesn't sound rushed to me.

To deliver a game the size of Mass Effect 1 or 2, that sounds incredibly rushed to me. ME1 had a 3 year cycle, ME2 had a 2.5 year cycle. 1.5 years seems to be cutting it pretty fine.

kai3345

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
I'm sure it will have awesome shooting and tons of great characters, but I hate how this really cool story of a galactic civilization full of interesting species with their own unique cultures will boil down to "special chosen one saves humanity from alien invasion."
damn it

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Are people really surprised BioWare pulled the "AND SUDDENLY, REAPERS" card? Come on. It was obvious from a mile away.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

Veelk

Banned
LiK said:
i think Earth will just be one major level. probably see more later. pure speculation...

It really better be. ME as a whole showed how great the entire universe, why would they all of a sudden restrict us to our own puny planet, a place we have been a hundred times already?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
EatChildren said:
Are people really surprised BioWare pulled the "AND SUDDENLY, REAPERS" card? Come on. It was obvious from a mile away.

Nobody is surprised. They are disappointed at the stupidity.

Generic said:
It really better be. ME as a whole showed how great the entire universe, why would they all of a sudden restrict us to our own puny planet, a place we have been a hundred times already?

Earth will likely be the last level. Shepard has to 'rally' the other alien races across the galaxy to help fight against the reapers.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
EatChildren said:

hold me, eatchildren. hold me. and then eat my children.

Larson Conway said:
I'm sure the Earth being supposedly such an important place will be justified.

it's the home of HUMANS

Exasperated dudebros don't get elcor.

Dejected I suppose we will have to deal.

Solo

I don't know if I've ever been so disappointed in a franchise's progression. ME1 was my GOTG and promised two epic sequels involving a massive conflict across the galaxy. Instead I got to dick around with my squad and do nothing in ME2, and ME3 is set on earth.

The fuck?

Larson Conway said:
I'm sure the Earth being supposedly such an important place will be justified.
You're instilling too much faith in BioWare.

heliosRAzi said:
How did the Reapers get there so fast?
I would like to know this as well, but you know as much as I do that there won't be an explanation for this, because if there is one, it will completely invalidate everything that happened in Mass Effect 1.

Chinner

Banned
anonnumber6 said:
Earth will likely be the last level. Shepard has to 'rally' the other alien races across the galaxy to help fight against the reapers.
so an infinite amount of reapers are attacking earth, but apparantly shepard has enough time to go around the universe doing quests to get their armies to help him.

Solo said:
I don't know if I've ever been so disappointed in a franchise's progression. ME1 was my GOTG and promised two epic sequels involving a massive conflict across the galaxy. Instead I got to dick around with my squad and do nothing in ME2, and ME3 is set on earth.

The fuck?

It had better not be completely set on Earth. When people said they wanted to see Earth, they didn't want the entire game to revolve around it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
HK-47 said:
Nobody is surprised. They are disappointed at the stupidity.

Expect the disappointment, and you'll never be disappointed.

A live of misery is a life for me.

Goon Boon

Banned
Reapers - Spiteful enough to kill Shepard's homeworld first to get back at him for killing like 2 (one of them was braindead) them?

Sotha Sil said:
Some English dude is narrating the war.

"I hope Shepard gets here soon."

Wait. Who the hell are you? When did Shepard become the most important human ever? You're telling me that there are no off-world alliance ships that can go out for help?

Did the president of earth go "holy shit let's call Shepard"?

Solo said:

The fuck?
Earth is probably one of the planets you visit, but I doubt that's where the entire game will be set.

Solo said:

The fuck?
Man, so much wrong with this post I don't know where to start.

epmode

Dax01 said:
What's with all the pessimism?
I can't speak for Mass Effect 3 but I think most of these people are out of their minds when it comes to 2.

I'm totally with them in that I prefer the wide-open galaxy feel of 1 to the focused, but less expansive 2. ..but 2 was just a better game. I'd join in on the hate parade if I had any faith in Bioware doing justice to the open-ended premise of 1 (which wasn't handled that well in the first place) but we all know that's never going to happen.

On the plus side, it looks like something's actually going to happen in this one!

EatChildren

Dax01 said:
Earth is probably one of the planets you visit, but I doubt that's where the entire game will be set.

Surely Solo doesn't believe the whole game is going to be set on Earth. Nobody is that stupid.

McHuj

I love ME and ME2, but I'm a little apprehensive about this. I hope it has the galactic scope of the entire ME universe and not just earth focus.

Wouldn't it be funny if ME became a squad based FPS for the final game? This sure has the feel of that.

Sabotage

mikefyeah.gif

Solo said:

The fuck?

The pacing and atmosphere of Mass Effect 1 was perfect. It was a mature sci-fi that played out like a detective story.

The story and exploration of ME 1 made the game an epic masterpiece

Solo

EatChildren said:
Surely Solo doesn't believe the whole game is going to be set on Earth. Nobody is that stupid.

No, but they are clearly making it the focal point when not a single fuck has been given about earth so far in this series.

Top Bottom