• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Extended CG Launch Trailer - Take Back Earth [Up: Trailer Released]

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Extended version is out. Found a working link and added it to OP

I removed the mod edit since that link was broken. I hope that's OK.

Skidd

Even when extended, the second half with Shepard feels oddly paced/cut. It made some weird jumps between the slicing and shooting of Husks. Some continuity would have been appreciated.

Plus, what was the Normandy shooting at?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah, I agree with everyone that the extended trailer is a lot better. The flow is improved a lot compared to the shorter on.

9-3-12 WTH Am i missing? lol
European date. They go day-month-year instead of month-day-year and their release date is March 9th.

I dig it. The part with the little girl and the Reaper reveal is pretty eerie. But I still don't like the direction. Why so many Reapers? As big as they are I would think you would only need one or two per city. They have like 10+ per city.

exYle

I liked the extended trailer a lot more. The husk transformation was creepy as hell, and I loved the tie back to the reveal trailer.

The extended one was edited a lot better (as it should be, being the intended length).

I cannot help but feel that the 90 second spot was originally supposed to be a 120 second slot or something closer to the original length, and then was cut down to 90 seconds late in the process to where some real edit butchery had to take place.

Ilive1up

everything was amazing except the end when it said: "better with kinect."

come on, microsoft. we all know that isn't true.

GSR

A perfectly nice trailer, but I stand by my assertion that ME3's marketing is really underrepresenting the scale of the series. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if some people go into ME3 thinking most, if not all of the game takes place on Earth.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
A perfectly nice trailer, but I stand by my assertion that ME3's marketing is really underrepresenting the scale of the series. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if some people go into ME3 thinking most, if not all of the game takes place on Earth.

It's going to be a nice surprise for them then. A sci-fi game where you play on multiple planets is more fun than only Earth. They'll be overjoyed!

The extended one hasn't changed my mind. It's longer, you see humans fighting husks more. I just don't care about seeing faceless humans, and then Shepard and Ashley.

What I liked about the Mass Effect 2 CG trailer was it gave you an idea of who you'd be recruiting for the suicide mission, especially with TIM's commentary, and the ominous ending with the collector ship taking the colony. This is...just generic ass war except with space zombies and space cthulhus. That sounds great on paper but I don't know, I wanted more characters to show up! Humans are boring!

Bisnic

To be fair, that didn't work for Halo 2 back in the day.

I never cared for Halo games so i have no idea what you're talking about. They did a similar trailer where they only show Earth and most of the game was outside of it?

Scarecrow

I never cared for Halo games so i have no idea what you're talking about. They did a similar trailer where they only show Earth and most of the game was outside of it?

Pretty much. It was hyped as kinda "the fight is coming to our home planet!!" Two hours later, you ditch earth for points beyond. A lot of fans and/or enthusiasts felt a tad betrayed by the marketing.

Kinyou

I know it's a weird criticism but I kind of missed Shepards "signature" move. You know that one where he slowly runs towards something while shading his eyes.

unbenannt293klo.gif

It has this great sci-fi motive of boldly steeping into the unknown.

Now it was all guns blazing and Dragon Age like sword combat...

:/

Yep, there were only 3 Earth levels and the other 7 were in space. People were pissed about the "false advertising". That, and the lack of resolution. I would hope Mass Effect brings resolution.

Bisnic

Pretty much. It was hyped as kinda "the fight is coming to our home planet!!" Two hours later, you ditch earth for points beyond. A lot of fans and/or enthusiasts felt a tad betrayed by the marketing.

Right. And ME3 is doing the same thing with "Take Earth back"

Needs some meme page.

Take Earth back
*insert Shepard pic*
Leaves Earth after 20 mins

Patryn

Right. And ME3 is doing the same thing with "Take Earth back"

Needs some meme page.

Take Earth back
*insert Shepard pic*
Leaves Earth after 20 mins

To be fair, Bioware did the same thing with "Fight for the Lost" in ME2. Sure the colonies were taken and stuff... but did anyone really care that much? The meat of the game, the recruitment and the loyalty missions, just ignored all that.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Loved basically everything about the trailer except for Shep stepping out just with Ashley (worst character in the series.) Garrus/Wrex/Tali/Liara any would have made this jump another level instead of make me eye roll.

McNum

I wonder what the sunflower Reaper is called. All the other Reapers are hitting population centers, this one is taking its group to hit... a sunflower field and a child?

Eh, there's always someone in the groups like that, isn't there?

Loved basically everything about the trailer except for Shep stepping out just with Ashley (worst character in the series.) Garrus/Wrex/Tali/Liara any would have made this jump another level instead of make me eye roll.

Speaking of Tali, has she been in any trailers for ME3? Or any quarians for that matter? I think I might have missed her.

Bisnic

I wonder what the sunflower Reaper is called. All the other Reapers are hitting population centers, this one is taking its group to hit... a sunflower field and a child?

Eh, there's always someone in the groups like that, isn't there?

PedoReaper?

Speaking of Tali, has she been in any trailers for ME3? Or any quarians for that matter? I think I might have missed her.

I saw her in some screenshot that was released like a month ago i think.

Grisby

I know it's a weird criticism but I kind of missed Shepards "signature" move. You know that one where he slowly runs towards something while shading his eyes.

unbenannt293klo.gif

It has this great sci-fi motive of boldly steeping into the unknown.

Now it was all guns blazing and Dragon Age like sword combat...

:/
Didn't know he had a signature move.

zkylon

zkylewd
What a poorly paced trailer. Damn.
Thought the same thing. I feel like ME3 got marketed horribly, mostly relying that people are gonna buy the game either way (probably an accurate assessment, though). It's a classic sci-fi game. Who cares about Earth?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Still liked it a lot, wish the last bit was a little longer, but its definitely better than the TV Spot version. I will say though that I dont like the music choice at the end, the chanting just doesnt mesh well or sound very good at all really. I would have much preferred something purely instrumental. The vocals are just jarring and dont feel very appropriate.

watership

Just many of you really hate the kinect support and think the "Better with Kinect" is bs? I played the demo and it's the best use of voice with kinect i've ever seen. It's better than button presses, at least those I have to go into the menu for.

Perhaps it's just the "Kinect sucks" default response.

Skidd

Just many of you really hate the kinect support and think the "Better with Kinect" is bs? I played the demo and it's the best use of voice with kinect i've ever seen. It's better than button presses, at least those I have to go into the menu for.

Perhaps it's just the "Kinect sucks" default response.
I just don't understand why you'd need a Kinect. We have headsets for heaven's sake.

Top Bottom