• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Extended CG Launch Trailer - Take Back Earth [Up: Trailer Released]

it was pretty decent, animation looked really rigid at times though. also, shephard's pounce :lol

ashley's perm won't cease to bother me

Yager

Banned
That was awesome. There's one scene that reminds me of the Halo Wars trailer, and that's awesome because Halo Wars CGI cuts were amazing.

Feature

Banned
awesome fucking trailer.

I wish that was a movie trailer, jesus christ I would love it...

Also wish there were battles like that in the game, with huge numbers on the screen :(

EGM1966

Technically okay I guess but I'm not feeling the plot at all. In hindsight ME2 seems to have been at a tangent to the main narrative and leaves you with little build up to Earth under attack.

Then there's the small fact that the odds have been stacked way too high with too little knowledge of any way to win - which to me signals ME3 is going to have to come up with some loopy Deus Ex to allow you to snatch victory. Hopefully nothing as bad as Jeff Goldblumn with a laptop based virus but who knows.

I always found ME best when you were just in the Universe, kind of Star Trek style. Now they're pushing for a big "save the Universe" angle I can't buy it.

Still, if the reviews/gameplay seem decent I'll play through it at least once just to wrap it all up.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm going to be bummed out if the majority of the game takes place on Earth. In the grand scheme of the previous games, our shitty planet isn't even worth the attention, unless Bioware manages to write another silly macguffin into the story.

And I thought Reapers were world-devouring omniscient god-beings, not just another enemy type. I expected them to simply obliterate the planet in the blink of an eye, not tear down buildings one by one, but that may be my personal lack of knowledge of ME lore at play here.

Still, I remain curious as how it turns out, maybe Bioware can pull it off.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm going to be bummed out if the majority of the game takes place on Earth. In the grand scheme of the previous games, our shitty planet isn't even worth the attention, unless Bioware manages to write another silly macguffin into the story.

And I thought Reapers were world-devouring omniscient god-beings, not just another enemy type. I expected them to simply obliterate the planet in the blink of an eye, not tear down buildings one by one, but that may be my personal lack of knowledge of ME lore at play here.

Still, I remain curious as how it turns out, maybe Bioware can pull it off.

I'm pretty sure you're only on Earth for a brief part at the beginning. After that you're off to help the rest of the galaxy prepare for the Reaper attack.

Much like the two Matrix sequels, I think it was a really bad idea to sell ME3 on the concept of a war with the Reapers considering Sovereign wiped out half the Citadel by itself. The entire human armada is wiped out in an afternoon in the demo. Barring a Deus Ex Machina (or simply glassing the planet), I really don't see how Bioware can write a plausible victory for mankind.

CrazyDude

Much like the two Matrix sequels, I think it was a really bad idea to sell ME3 on the concept of a war with the Reapers considering Sovereign wiped out half the Citadel by itself. The entire human armada is wiped out in an afternoon in the demo. Barring a Deus Ex Machina (or simply glassing the planet), I really don't see how Bioware can write a plausible victory for mankind.

Hell, it wasn't even Sovereign who did most of the killing, it was the geth.

Arjen

Much like the two Matrix sequels, I think it was a really bad idea to sell ME3 on the concept of a war with the Reapers considering Sovereign wiped out half the Citadel by itself.

Did you miss the whole Geth fleet he brought with him?

Subitai

Man GAF is jaded. Comments here and youtube are exactly opposite. Not every trailer can be Gears level.

-"It would be an awful quiet forest if only the birds with the prettiest voices were singing."

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It's funny to see comments like

"FUCKING AWESOME TRAILER".

and 2 posts below.

"boring trailer zzz".

I know i know... opinion and all that. I'll wait for the real CGI trailer tomorrow.

Lucius86

Banned
Thought the trailer was really 'meh'. Nothing special about it, pretty cliched, not epic.

Story trailer is where it's at - I hope.

Dabanton

Bets on whether that massive battle shown in the trailer actually take place like that and is playable. And lol at Shepard leaping like a Ninja.

Also what have they done to Ashley? First game. Yes she's a female who dresses how i imagine someone who is getting into combat situation would be dresses. Sensibly for combat. This time? Hair out and looking glossy,you would think the last thing on her mind with the potential extermination of the human race would be how shiny her hair is look at Femshep hair is just about passable.

Seems Bioware needed to 'Miranda' her up a bit.

EGM1966

Man GAF is jaded. Comments here and youtube are exactly opposite. Not every trailer can be Gears level.

-"It would be an awful quiet forest if only the birds with the prettiest voices were singing."

It would also sound better too - just saying.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Found out the name of the song that plays in the very beginning of the trailer. It's fucking amazing!

Thanks to the guys on Youtube who told me the name.

i was about to tell you :p

anyway second track "Black Blade" is one of TSFH's best tracks.

tbh i don't like that they always use Two Steps. Don't get me wrong i LOVE TSFH but there are so many fucking awesome trailer music companys out there such as audiomachine, Immediate Music, Brand X Music, Future World Music, X-Ray Dog, Mark Petrie, Fired Earth Music, Epic Score etc. they definitely deserve some attention too.

and if you only use the music from those guys please use NEW music. For example from TSFH's new album "Two Steps From Heaven"

Nice Trailer Music mix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjzKs2zhMOY

i was about to tell you :p

anyway second track "Black Blade" is one of TSFH's best tracks.

tbh i don't like that they always use Two Steps. Don't get me wrong i LOVE TSFH but there are so many fucking awesome trailer music companys out there such as audiomachine, Immediate Music, Brand X Music, Future World Music, X-Ray Dog, Mark Petrie, Fired Earth Music, Epic Score etc. they definitely deserve some attention too.

and if you only use the music from those guys please use NEW music. For example from TSFH's new album "Two Steps From Heaven"

Nice Trailer Music mix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjzKs2zhMOY

Aha thanks dude, yeah I agree with you tbh, Two Steps are used so often! There's a really good tune from Immediate music that I remember hearing years ago, called Epicon, you might like it if you haven't already heard of it.

Epicon

I don't follow trailer music too much, but I also liked the one from that Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus trailer as well which is also fantastic!

Odyssey

I wish the ME3 trailer had the entire Two Steps song tbh, the other music they used was a little bit too generic imo. :(

Subitai

It would also sound better too - just saying.
So, you want no trailers even when it isn't possible to continually make trailers that will be able to exceed every emotionally invested individual's different subjective opinion.

Attitudes like this make me wonder how people in the industry can convince themselves to keep getting up everyday and try.

Those big bad naughty Russians have leaked the extended version of the "Take Earth Back" trailer a whole 7 hours early (someone think of the children, oh the humanity etc etc). The extended version is 1 minute longer and adds a few nice tid bits but nothing major. It was mostly padded out by the old "Nigel Sniper CGI trailer" which comes across as a bit cheap personally anyway you can watch the trailer here :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml8My33-S2o

Watch it whilst you can, I can't see it staying up long.

Feature

Banned
that first scene with the girl reminds me of the movie armegeddon! Also I wish it was a fucking movie :( would be so badass to see those battles...

Also the close up of the eye of the girl is fucking amazing CGI right there. (at the 1:47 mark)

Top Bottom