• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Doesn't the widow already do piercing?

It does, but piercing mods will increase how much it can pierce through, increase damage verses armour, and reduce the damage reduction when firing through cover.

That's why I ask... I'm confused. Should I ?

Wow, just joined a lobby, first guy as Carnfex IV
Second as Carnifex V
Last one as Carnifex IX

Well... I'm at shamed with my Carnifex I

God I'd kill for a higher level Carnifex. The RNG gods have seen fit to gift me with a measly rank I. And lots of other shit like the Geth Pulse Rifle, or cards for maxed out characters with all appearance options.

Give me my Widow X, bastards.

Hartt951

Am I getting it right that whether or not I play the multiplayer portion of the game affects the outcome of the single player game?
Your Readiness Percent acts as a multiplier for your Effective Military Strength(EMS).

eg. If you have 4000 total war assets and 50% Readiness, your EMS will be 2000.

Really what this affects is the Master and Commander achievement. You need to hit 4000 EMS to get it, other than that while it does affect the ending, it really doesn't make a difference that matters. You will get exactly the same out of SP regardless if you play MP or not.

Mindlog

The game giveth...

Leveling my Krogan Sentinel I join a Silver Dagger Cerberus map. My Krogan, a Salarian Infiltrator and 2 very good adepts. We finish quickly.

I buy a Spectre pack. Geth Plasma X, Reset Powers, M-99 Sabre. Nice.
and...

I quickly ready up and the map starts. Ghost - Geth. Sometime during the first wave the two adepts drop. I decide to play until at least wave 3 for credits. The SI stays as well. We beat wave 3 without incident. We keep going. We're doing just fine when someone joins wave 7. They die almost immediately. The new player doesn't really do much then finally just crawls back to the waypoint and leaches. Fine, whatever. The SI and I clean house and it's extract time. Oh goddamnit. The other guy is sitting at the extract point.

Of course he dies again. The SI and I extract. Matchmaking gave us a low level-player that didn't help at all and denied us the full extract XP bonus.

Fuck it all. I had a tempest Vanguard. I now have ~%195 recharge with a IV Disciple Vanguard.

Lag be damned. Vanguard all day everyday. If you don't want me to die you better warp and reave.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ihuIuEy1hveF1.JPG

iDAOa0NG49eh2.gif

...hope it's good. My first N7.

Does anyone even do Reapers any more? It's so difficultttttttt.

Playing against Reapers on Gold is wanting to get raped.

Geth are manageable. Cerberus are easy as long as your team can focus Phantom when needed.

Also: I'm the only one who HATE the last damage mods V or AR, Snipers and Pistols ? They just look wacky when I looks really silk

rozay

Banned
Playing against Reapers on Gold is wanting to get raped.

Geth are manageable. Cerberus are easy as long as your team can focus Phantom when needed.

Also: I'm the only one who HATE the last damage mods V or AR, Snipers and Pistols ? They just look wacky when I looks really silk

I feel like the mod system in general ruins the gun design of mass effect. The scopes look especially retarded on ARs like the avenger which had the original scope in its design removed.

Just need to level a character up one more level, so I can complete the "promote 2 characters this weekend" thing, and so far every single random match I've joined has had at least 2 people quit by round 5.

wrex_o_gifsoup.comr6jpm.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Gotta love that lag bug that prevents any of your weapons from doing damage.

Gotta love it kicking in during a late round silver match.

Gotta love being Infiltrator with a Widow and thus rendered largely useless.

Fuck this game's godawful shitful netcode/matchmaking.

LosDaddie

Banned
Even though I'm done with the MP until some DLC hits, I promoted 3 characters this weekend for the heck of it. I already had a lvl 20 vanguard, but I finished out my lvl 18 infiltrator and sentinel classes.

Just need to level a character up one more level, so I can complete the "promote 2 characters this weekend" thing, and so far every single random match I've joined has had at least 2 people quit by round 5.

wrex_o_gifsoup.comr6jpm.gif

heh that gif reminds me of the krogan anime playing in kasumi's quest, in the office you enter in that dudes home.

Kyoufu

lol pretty much...

Let's not even get into the random packs of doom.

X-Frame

I really wish there were some sort of requirements in order to play a Gold game. N7 level doesn't mean anything, nor does character level, or even weapons.

Or make a "Platinum" difficult that has requirements, I dunno.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

The matchmaking in this game is incredibly good, aside from the default difficulty as random. Shits on standards like Halo, etc.

The netcode is another story.

And yeah the weapon damage/button lockup bug is the worst.

Krogan Soldier.

Finally. Gotta try it out and rock these last level missing. Servers should be in awe. Here I charge

Edit : wow, i was in cross flames fires and I rolled to evade, got killed and insta respawn at the other far side of the map. I was host. Wut

Violet_0

Banned
my Salarian engi with a carnifex looks pretty pathetic next to a Salarian infiltrator with a black widow when it comes to raw damage output

RS4-

The few annoying things in game for me

- enemies that are stuck in/on floor and are essentially invincible to damage yet can still shoot you
- rolling/dashing off ledges, instead of sliding down ladders, that sometimes cause you to get stuck for a few seconds
- enemy shots that curveball into your face

Also:

Love having biotic powers that don't detonate.

Love having warps that don't add the debuff properly (yes it hit, no we're not talking about an enemy that can block them)

I especially love it where you use a power cooldown and... nothing happens. I got killed earlier today because my cryo blast didn't appear >_>

MNC

The matchmaking in this game is incredibly good, aside from the default difficulty as random. Shits on standards like Halo, etc.

The netcode is another story.

And yeah the weapon damage/button lockup bug is the worst.

The few annoying things in game for me

- enemies that are stuck in/on floor and are essentially invincible to damage yet can still shoot you
- rolling/dashing off ledges, instead of sliding down ladders, that sometimes cause you to get stuck for a few seconds
- enemy shots that curveball into your face

Also:

Love having warps that don't add the debuff properly (yes it hit, no we're not talking about an enemy that can block them)

I especially love it where you use a power cooldown and... nothing happens. I got killed earlier today because my cryo blast didn't appear >_>

And yet we love it so much. Oh how the flesh is weak :(

Samara

uh....why did my War readiness dropped 20% for no reason?!?! I was at 99% last week and then bam! 72-75% for no goddamn reason...grrrr

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
ihuIuEy1hveF1.JPG

iDAOa0NG49eh2.gif

I got that one today as well. First N7 apart from the Valiant too. It'll have to do a lot to outshine Geth Plasma Shotgun for me though.

X-Frame

So the Piercing Mods bypass light cover and things like Guardian shields, along with being more damaging to armored targets like Brutes and Primes?

Or am I reading that wrong ..

Mindlog

http://i.minus.com/ihuIuEy1hveF1.JPG
http://i.minus.com/iDAOa0NG49eh2.gif
Luckily we're getting another N7 weapon on Tuesday.

I'm hoping for a Valiant or Hurricane.

Played 3 Vanguard maps to get the rust off. First one went as normal. Second one I changed to a new female Vanguard specced for damage instead of AOE. I didn't notice the reduction in AoE, but I definitely noticed the increase in damage.

Towards the end of the 10th wave I naturally started rising above the map. I died, used a medigel and the game got bored so I was placed under the map. I switched to Drell Vanguard for my last playthrough. Fun change of pace. It's weird going back to a class you haven't played in a while. Drell Vangaurd is a Bronze/Silver Pro.

Then again; What class isn't?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
sadly...it's not.
I got that one today as well. First N7 apart from the Valiant too. It'll have to do a lot to outshine Geth Plasma Shotgun for me though.
*high five*

Yeah, it' not that great at all. I feel like with more capacity especially, maybe a Wraith X would be a beast, but until then it's just made obsolete by the GPS like every other shotty has been too.

Don't know which other N7s I want either really. Are the N7s from regular packs all just better versions of gold gun counterparts or are any unique? Javelin is unique I think.

And yet we love it so much. Oh how the flesh is weak :(
I would be lying if I didn't say my motivation to play is lessening slightly. I'm not getting rewarded with significant enough stuff to make the same droning experiences and maps feel that much better. Though I'm more desperate now for new stuff, so I think ATM I'm more willing to buy DLC too.

I didn't picture Krogan Soldier had such a power heavy build with such a focus on Melee. Rage + Tech armor thingy + blade attachement... I was like 300% + melee damage at some point, going straight for the Geth Prime, charging the thing like a mad krogan and hitting it with my Claymore then with my head a couple of time before it shattered into pieces.

So. Much. Fun.

X-Frame

Also:

The only reason why they wouldn't detonate is because another teammate likely casted Energy Drain/Overload on the target, which detonates your Warp.

It's very frustrating that people don't know this yet as detonating a Warp with ED/Overload is no where near the power of a biotic explosion. Therefore, you'll have to continually re-cast Warp over and over in the hopes that teammate will shock something else.

I really don't like that tech powers can detonate biotic powers and vice versa. Makes no sense.

Kyoufu

Just had a Gold run where this kid wouldn't shut the hell up. He did absolutely nothing and we couldn't even mute him.

You know your multiplayer mode is a rush job when you can't even mute players.

Pfft...WHAT? That is the dumbest thing ever. Thanks for letting me know. wow--

It makes sense because there is a war.

I'm very close to turning this thing off forever. This is pretty awful once you get to endgame.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Just had a Gold run where this kid wouldn't shut the hell up. He did absolutely nothing and we couldn't even mute him.

Is there a way to kick players mid-match? I'd like to see that. Oh, or to join a match in progress?

Woo-Fu

Banned
You knew it the moment you saw the key bind for a text chat that didn't exist.

Is there a way to kick players mid-match? I'd like to see that. Oh, or to join a match in progress?

If you could kick players mid-match it would be hard to ever level a human vanguard to 20. You can join matches in progress but it is the matchmaking that makes the choice not you, unless you're connecting to a friend's game that isn't full.

MNC

*high five*

Yeah, it' not that great at all. I feel like with more capacity especially, maybe a Wraith X would be a beast, but until then it's just made obsolete by the GPS like every other shotty has been too.

Don't know which other N7s I want either really. Are the N7s from regular packs all just better versions of gold gun counterparts or are any unique? Javelin is unique I think.

I would be lying if I didn't say my motivation to play is lessening slightly. I'm not getting rewarded with significant enough stuff to make the same droning experiences and maps feel that much better. Though I'm more desperate now for new stuff, so I think ATM I'm more willing to buy DLC too.

There are certain limits. The drive tends to die out after a while. I've yet to even start my first gold match, let alone get good at silver matches. I usually duke it out with 2 players total on bronze once or twice a week which makes the game all the more bareable. Not burning out on it is everything and I think I could play this for a long time if I space it out enough.

Nori Chan

I got the N7 pistol...the shotgun/pistol hybrid, forgot what it's called.

I'm sure its pretty bad. Just need 3 more levels to promot my adept class to get a commendation pack. yay

Top Bottom