• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Woo-Fu

Banned
Went in to promote 2 classes, ended up promoting all 6. Think I have more fun working them up than I do just grinding silver/gold at 20.

Omega

Banned
Yeah I'd trade my javelin AND my black widow for an asari adept :/

I have neither of those guns, but everything for my Asari Adept.

This store system sucks. The packs give you nothing of use, ever. It's a cheap way to get people to continue playing.

X-Frame

I have all the customization options for my Asari Adept, but I have a terrible selection of weapons. My only really good weapon is a GPS III.

I really, really hope the Commendation Pack doesn't screw me next week with another Hurricane, I might just drop the game completely.

TheYanger

Wait until they fix the Reave soundbug before playing it. That bug is so annoying i refuse to join any group with a drell.

so...don't play with him then? People overreact to that sound bigtime. Many groups won't care because they're a strong class.
Just max out reave early on and do a lot of avoiding and reaving.

Woo-Fu

Banned
so...don't play with him then? People overreact to that sound bigtime. Many groups won't care because they're a strong class.
Just max out reave early on and do a lot of avoiding and reaving.

Or you can go cluster grenades first. You'll still outscore the rest of the team but you want punish them with perma-reave-noise.

rozay

Banned
Should I just run away from Banshees as a vanguard? This is almost embarassing, even hosting the match I just got grabbed twice without being close to them and without ever charging them, only nova'ing from a distance :/

I spent all of this morning leveling up a krogan soldier. God what a boring class. I know it's probably because I fucking suck with it but I didn't have fun with it at all. Assault rifles are shit, can't seem to understand how to use carnage effectively, and I'm done feeling frustrated/embarrassed by dying every single round. Even as an infiltrator I was doing loads better than with this horrid class, and I can't snipe for shit.
The only great moment was charging against a brute at the same time it charged at me and killing it. That was awesome. But only that.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Should I just run away from Banshees as a vanguard? This is almost embarassing, even hosting the match I just got grabbed twice without being close to them and without ever charging them, only nova'ing from a distance :/

Nova is PBAoE so your definition of distance isn't one the Banshee agrees with.

Just pull out your carnifex X or katana X and blast her.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Third time where my store purchase fail to process with wasted credits, this time with a spectre pack.

This is really killing my interest in playing multiplayer.

2AdEPT

ME3 is far from being like Witcher 2, if your laptop can decently run Witcher 2, it will have no problem running ME3 at maximum. And from what i've heard, the PS3 version run like shit(dont ever hope of seeing 60 FPS unlike the PC version). On top of not being able to receive the weekend multiplayer gifts because of some unknown reason. PC community of ME3 seems alright, have no problems finding a group, its very fast. You can do multiplayer whenever you like, it can slightly affect ONE campaign ending(or all of them if you skip many sidequests), but that's about it.

The only reason some people skip the PC version is because it doesnt officially support a controller.

thanks then...I was worried there was some reason why a new game was already so low a price....I enjoy multiplayer and it seems like PC will be best for that as well.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Third time where my store purchase fail to process with wasted credits, this time with a spectre pack.

I've not had this happen once in ~600 N7 levels. I never use the store while in a multiplayer lobby, only thing I might be doing that isn't the usual.

On a side note it kind of bugs me how much time people waste between rounds in the store/leveling their character. They can do all that shit at their leisure, after the match, when they aren't wasting the time of 3 other people, so inconsiderate.

The best part is when the host knows he/she isn't going to host another match but keep the lobby open while they go to the store, fart around with their character. Game really needs a global hosting blacklist.

So i only have my engineer to lvl up to 20 currently sitting at 18.

If i promote 6 characters do i get 3 packs or just 1 still. Ill likely do all six to get the community closer to that 140,000 but still.

Bisnic

I've not had this happen once in ~600 N7 levels. I never use the store while in a multiplayer lobby, only thing I might be doing that isn't the usual.

On a side note it kind of bugs me how much time people waste between rounds in the store/leveling their character. They can do all that shit at their leisure, after the match, when they aren't wasting the time of 3 other people, so inconsiderate.

The best part is when the host knows he/she isn't going to host another match but keep the lobby open while they go to the store, fart around with their character. Game really needs a global hosting blacklist.

I always buy my stuff outside of lobbies... I dunno, maybe its an Origin issue. Even then, entering the store is starting to get me paranoid... for good reason.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
thanks then...I was worried there was some reason why a new game was already so low a price....I enjoy multiplayer and it seems like PC will be best for that as well.

an advice - if you can't find a group for like 10 seconds, cancel the search and do it again. It either connects in the first 5 seconds or doesn't connect at all.

rozay

Banned
Had someone rage at me for owning a game as a Vanguard today. Fun times.
It's best to take note of which characters in the lobby have sniper rifles and avoid them/their line of fire in game, as they're generally the ones who get pissy. It's understandable though as nova'ing in their path or right next to them throws off their shots.

Kyoufu

Just did a 51 minute Geth Gold run. Man, it was so painful. I ended up getting 140k points. But hey at least I finally got the Salarian Infiltrator!

edit: Do you guys get Radius in Energy Drain or pure damage?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Just did a 51 minute Geth Gold run. Man, it was so painful. I ended up getting 140k points. But hey at least I finally got the Salarian Infiltrator!

I guess some poor sod was fighting the remaining horde alone at the end of each wave while the team was spectating?

Serious

edit: Do you guys get Radius in Energy Drain or pure damage?

I got Radius, but in hindsight, Damage might have been better on Gold at least. The Radius increase is pretty huge, but because of how shields work on Gold, knocking down the shield on the first cast makes a big difference. Off the top of my head, I can't remember the one-shots I'm missing, but I'm pretty sure there's at least one or two.

On Bronze/Silver and on my Salarian Engineer, I would rather have the radius, since one-shotting shields isn't a big issue.

Kyoufu

I guess some poor sod was fighting the remaining horde alone at the end of each wave while the team was spectating?

Pretty much.

I got Radius, but in hindsight, Damage might have been better on Gold at least. The Radius increase is pretty huge, but because of how shields work on Gold, knocking down the shield on the first cast makes a big difference. Off the top of my head, I can't remember the one-shots I'm missing, but I'm pretty sure there's at least one or two.

On Bronze/Silver and on my Salarian Engineer, I would rather have the radius, since one-shotting shields isn't a big issue.

I took Radius. It's a boss on Silver but I guess once I get a respec gel I'll put it in damage.

SI is fun as hell. Especially with Cryo ammo.

edit: oh wow, I have a respec gel. Awesome.

edit2: Do you get Damage or Armor Boost?

XAL

i guess i should put my info up:

Origin: XAL53
GAF: XAL

I have vanguard, infiltrator, engineer @ 20; everything else @ 17 atm.

Absol

I thought Vanguards were the only one who can fall through the map. Died as an Asari Adept yesterday at Dagger and I was mashing A for the teleport dodge while someone was reviving me. For some reason I went off the map after I got up. I can still see part of the map and can still use my powers but can't hit anything. Decided to spam Throw and it was confusing my team since its coming out everywhere. Aside from that I was pretty much was useless for the rest of the match.

Tried my first Gold. Got salarian iEnginee, set up for Geth, power mod III, disruptor ammo III etc...

Team of human engineers and quarian infiltrator, looking good, but a bit under equiped.

Cerberus shows up. Fuck. Every wipes on first wave. Several times. Fuck.

We got our shit together and went up to wave 6 before someone log off and we couldnt take care of the objective.

Meh...

*Finally* unlocked a Krogan tonight. After weeks of Spectre packs.

And its a Soldier. God dammit Bioware.

Soldier and Sentinel Krogan play basically the same, Sentinel's get 10% more damage reduction however, and slightly better grenades in my opinion.

All you should do in both classes is max all of the passives and damage reduction powers, ignore weight, and max out the grenades. Ignore Carnage/Incinerate, or, put Grenades at level 5, and put 3 points in Carnage/Incinerate

Which equipment packs should I be buying if I'm a low level and want better weapons? So far, I haven't really gotten anything great aside from an Asari adept and Geth Pulse Rifle so I don't know if I'm buying the right packs or what. I'm still using a level 1 single shot sniper and that reload time is ridiculous.

From my experience, you haven't wasted anything. the game still completes the purchase but you don't see the results screen. Next time, check to see if you have any "New" labels on your stuff. Once I noticed this, I have confirmed it every time.

Bisnic

You know that glitch i mentioned where my promoted soldier and sentinel turned back to lvl 20 after a few matches? Well now they're lvl 1 after i rebooted the game, but all their talents are from back when they were lvl 20, with -75 points to spend. Eh.

Dominating Cerberus on Silver on dagger , absolutely tearing it up as my engineer.

host quits, booted back to menu. cry

ffs

Edit: Got a window in a spectre pack. Fuck yea

With the bad comes the good.

Bisnic

So...last choice of Energy Drain on Salarian engineer... Damage or Armor Boost for silver matches?

Top Bottom