• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Actually, i think the very quick response and accuracy of the mouse might be the reason on why PC matches are faster than on consoles.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Adepts become fun when you find out the correct power combos to make the explosions. They might be pretty much useless but still damn fun to use.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Adepts are far from useless. They are the best offensive class in the game.

I always heard that they are not very useful....guess they never heard of biotic explosions. Blew my mind after I knew I could cause explosions by throwing shockwave at warp'd enemies.

eek5

I always heard that they are not very useful....guess they never heard of biotic explosions. Blew my mind after I knew I could cause explosions by throwing shockwave at warp'd enemies.

Biotic explosions are pretty OP because it doesn't require the detonation power to deal a killing blow

RS4-

On console I've cleared gold in less than 20 minutes.

Cerberus, Firebase Glacier, lots of Biotics.

Then I require your assistance in such feats for Glacier :p

I'm a little peeved that I bought a spec pack and finally got the salarian engie (no big deal) but the thing is, I was already level 20 and got the 100k XP bonus from the character unlock. Terrible, I should've promoted before I bought the pack just in case!

Ended up promoting 5 classes; my soldier is still level 13 and I don't care about that one.

rozay

Banned
I'm not really referring to clear times, it just seems like the actual gameplay speed is a notch faster than on consoles. I'll link 2 videos when I get home.

Havok

Finally got both the Salarian characters...goddamn they're fun to play. I loved my human infiltrator, but this shit is on another level. Practically dragged a team through a silver match just now, last man standing twice when they got bogged down by Phantoms.

If only I had decent weapons. Currently using a Mantis VII, but I know it's not going to be a match for any of the high tier weapons. I've been tremendously unlucky with Spectre packs.

I've also been noticing more and more sentinels and soldiers lately. Which is a pretty big bummer when they don't know how to play them.

eek5

Finally got both the Salarian characters...goddamn they're fun to play. I loved my human infiltrator, but this shit is on another level. Practically dragged a team through a silver match just now, last man standing twice when they got bogged down by Phantoms.

If only I had decent weapons. Currently using a Mantis VII, but I know it's not going to be a match for any of the high tier weapons. I've been tremendously unlucky with Spectre packs.

I've also been noticing more and more sentinels and soldiers lately. Which is a pretty big bummer when they don't know how to play them.

Mantis is pretty good as long as you get headshots. I'd actually go as far as opening recruit packs to get Mantis X before you start trying to get the Widows

RyanDG

I'm not really referring to clear times, it just seems like the actual gameplay speed is a notch faster than on consoles. I'll link 2 videos when I get home.

I think it's maybe done to help offset the benefits from mouse aiming vs dpad aiming?

Havok

Mantis is pretty good as long as you get headshots. I'd actually go as far as opening recruit packs to get Mantis X before you start trying to get the Widows
That's what I've started to do, it was only a III before tonight. Before I was just burning through credits and getting nothing but assault rifles in return. Not a fan of the store's setup.

eek5

Console players cant turn while running?

PC Master race indeed.

You can steer it but the RS does nothing really so you can't move the camera while you're running. It's also extremely awkward to hold A while steering the right stick anyway

Sober

The fuck. Give me some please.

What kind of sniper rifle and build do you use on your SI if you dont mind sharing?
If you can pull a Widow or other gold-bordered/rarity sniper rifle (i.e. it can pierce armour) then you should be golden. If you use an SR, spec for that except almost always get bonus power for cloak, but any SR should do since a Mantis is easy to get too. I would say avoid the raptor because you are looking for good burst damage from cloak. I love the Raptor, just not for the infiltrator.

You really should try a shotgun though. Screw everyone that says shotgun salarian infiltrators are tryhards. Shotgun choice is up in the air but the claymore is good, if you can get the N7 Crusader it's just as good but you can fire it like a sniper rifle. It only sucks against things like Phantoms because a miss is devastating if they are dodging you since you don't get the cone effect of a typical shotgun. GST if you can figure it out (I can't). Katana is probably serviceable and easy to get a level X version, maybe the Scimitar (or whatever the semi-auto one is); the pump-action ones are sorta weak IMO (eviscerator and wraith) because of their ROF.

Got three different people playing with the Saber on PS3 today. First time seeing the gun, three time in a row. Really ? Pretty anoying too: detonation screw aiming all around

Bisnic

Is there some kind of talent calculator(a bit like wowhead for WoW)? I'd love to test different builds like this before wasting points.

I just promoted my only 2 Lv 20 characters. I'm not even sure why I did that, but after all, there's only so much you can keep playing with a character that doesn't level up anymore.

Bisnic

I promoted Soldier and Sentinel...did 2 matches and when i come back they're lvl 20 again.. what?

Dreamer RD

Just had Gold run on Glacier as H Vanguard with 3 lv20 Infiltrators (2 Salarian, 1 Quarian) vs Geth. Went pretty smooth until 10 wave. Then I had to go away from console for a minute and when returned, these 3 imbeciles died (they deactivated only 1 device). I was like WHAT DA FUK? Seriously, this is the easiest task for infiltrators, especially when there are 3 of them. Pathetic.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
So as I understand the only upside of using an asari shotgun is that you can spam powers faster?

Nome

Promoted my Infiltrator, end up with -70 skill points. I'm now level 7 with -52 skill points. It treats me like a level 30 with everything maxed out but Fitness though lol.

X-Frame

You really, REALLY should be able to pan the camera around when downed to see if there are people coming to revive you or not.

no angel

Just played a game where all of a sudden none of my weapons would fire and I couldn't trigger any powers. Luckily there was only 50 seconds til the exfil but it was mighty weird. Lag?

Bloodsent

Been trying to do a search of the thread, but without the right keywords, I am having trouble finding what I am looking for.

Looking for the best Asari Adept build. Thanks!

Firebrand

Mantis X + Sniper Piercing V = Widow Lite.

It's pretty good.

That's what I want to do with my Salarian Engineer due to the Widow's weight, but I've yet to unlock a single rank of SR Piercing Mod.

I was complaining a few days ago about just getting Asari Adepts and Widow ranks, well, I'd take that again over the Hornets and Falcons I keep getting now. :|

EDIT: Ugh, so sick of these desync issues. Was climbing down a ladder with someone standing under it, I landed on their head and then I was stuck in ghost world.

masterkajo

Just promoted two characters... but same as with Operation Goliath I won't be home for the next two weeks and I won't be able to claim my pack. Why is it only available for 1 week starting from Tuesday?

At least I helped to reach the goal for you guys :)

I have MINUS 52 skill points on my lvl10 quarian infiltrator for some reason.

Edit: Could be a bug to do with promoting classes. Hope it's sorted out.

Top Bottom