• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Any particular strategy for this? I wouldn't mind earning 70k credits every 20 min.

Have at least one vanguard, doesn't matter what the race is, have at least one Asari with Stasis Bubble, a Drell with pull is great against Guardians, and someone with Overload doesn't hurt (Turian Sentinel, because he can still set off combos). Stick kind of close to each other and play fairly reckless.

Does anyone get the feeling that the spectre unlock system kind of favors the weapons you already have unlocked instead of being completely random? Out of the 18 possible weapons that you can get from a spectre pack, after all the ones I've bought, I have a Disciple 6, Spike Thrower 4, Arc Pistol 1, Saber 1 and Claymore 1. Is it a coincidence that 10 out of 13 packs that gave me weapons have given the same 2 weapons over and over?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gotta make you buy dem points. Plus thats why you dont get gold for actually winning. Bring back Premium Veteran!
On the day of release I already met one guy online who said he dropped $60 on the game to try and get a Black Widow and he did. SMH.

Actually had a pretty good game of gold just now. Didn't finish it, but almost got to the end of wave 10 and we got the objectives.

Just wish I'd had my stasis bubble for it. And that there wasn't some shitty asari vanguard who scored 20K points. Talk about dead weight.

Flunkie

Banned
I'm starting to tire of this formula already. Need some new maps or something. I'm level 19 and don't even feel like playing anymore to max out my character cause it's just so boring.

X-Frame

I don't understand why there isn't 10 different packs to choose from. Why remove a previously added pack with another new pack?

Weapons, Character, Equipment, Amps, Mods Packs, etc. Is that so difficult?

Tsukumo

I hate how some people expect you to save them regardless of the situation. So GAF I ask you when do you save your teammates and when do you let them die?

First rule of mine is: if they revived me, i'll revive them, doesn't matter the situation or the distance. I'll go as far as to revive you while you are lying prone at the smelly, rotten feet of a banshee. That's what brothers do.
If someone gets downed before I can get an idea whether they are team-players or not, I do as follow:
-if they piggyback points (shooting grunts while you are grinding an Atlas armor and then appearing out of nowhere for a final shot with their widow/valiant) they die
-if they are vanguards who happen to always be there when you're brutalizing someone with heavy melee but never there to get you up when you are down, they die.
-if they are vanguards who charge into brutes, banshee and ravagers, while Marauder Shields keeps buffing cannibals and husks undisturbed, they die
-if they are the ones who don't get into hacking range because they want to farm points flanking the enemy, they die. Only exception is those infiltrators who actually take out geths and reapers who are swarming the hack zone: they pick those nasty geth pyros and run like hell to the rescue if the entire team gets downed. They are heroes.
-if they start pistol-whipping you at the start of a wave for no reason at all, I'll come and get them when they are down, then I'll stop, then I'll shoot them two or three times to make sure they KNOW I could have saved them if I'd happen to care, and then I'll leave.
-if they are those greedy little bastards who always get right in the front, they die. I don't mean the guys who get in the way when some phantom or some banshee is wrecking havoc where the team is camping, I mean the ones, generally Battlefield 3 soldiers, who in a TOTALLY open area manage to always appear in front of you when you knock down some trooper.

I've been through some play testing sessions now and I'd like to compare ME MP to Assassin's Creed. Both were unlikely, SP oriented games that got MP. Nobody was excited about it because it was unlikely compared to the SP experience.

I don't think nor Bioware or Ubisoft realized the potential of the idea they got. As matter of fact I'm quite fascinated that in this current videogaming era, all of the devs who try to place themselves at the top spot for online domination, planning extensive multiplayer modes with four to five hours single player modes, all end up crashing and burning disastrously (Brink, Homefront) while devs who put multiplayer in their titles like an afterthought end up facing success. I know it's still early to declare ME3 multi successful, but Dead Space 2, Warhammer 40k, Transformers war for Cybertron all had fun, entertaining, well planned multiplayer modes yet none of them got their own specific thread.

You really, REALLY should be able to pan the camera around when downed to see if there are people coming to revive you or not.

THIS

Serious

I disagree. Finally getting an N7 weapon and having it be the Wraith is far worse.

Fixed that for you. I would've rather gotten a Scorpion, at least that gun is interesting, though probably not all that effective. The Wraith plays like most other shotguns, just with some different variables.

rozay

Banned
-if they piggyback points (shooting grunts while you are grinding an Atlas armor and then appearing out of nowhere for a final shot with their widow/valiant) they die
-if they are vanguards who charge into brutes, banshee and ravagers, while Marauder Shields keeps buffing cannibals and husks undisturbed, they die
I might just be misreading your points but aren't these the opposite of each other? Sometimes I know the rest of the team can handle an atlas/brute without my help and it's not only faster to clear a round by taking out the other grunts and marauder shields's brothers but it also prevents the team from getting flanked by them and dying.

Anyway, I think I'm done with this for the moment. Not good enough to be able to do well on gold and I honestly find the cover controls annoying in tense situations. Grinding spectre packs as a result is more of a chore than actual fun.

Mindlog

So as I understand the only upside of using an asari shotgun is that you can spam powers faster?
Yeah that's part of the reason. It's also fairly accurate, does decent damage and has a strong stagger on impact.

Just did 4x Infiltrator Geth Gold run. Pretty easy minus some hectic Pyro moments.
On 360 Firebase Ghost @_@
At the far end of the map there is a capture objective. I got at least nine grabs there. I'm going to try carrying a Widow and a shredder Claymore.

Spent half my bank on spectre packs and two equipment packs. Nothing too terrible. I can carry 5 clips, 3 cobras, 3 survival packs and 5 medigel. For some odd reason the packs generously leveled my Geth Shotgun from V to IX.

XAL

Is there a list of the character builds with the most effective skill trees?

I've been doing Salarian Engineer with full Decoy and Energy Drain, which has been working pretty well so far - but I want to play more Soldier/Sentinel/etc.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I get stagger with Geth Plasma shotgun too.

Reapers are still too hard on Silver. Geth and Cerberus are almost easy now.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Saved up like 500,000 credits today, left to get something to eat, started it up again, bought a package and got the Black Widow, which I was trying to get.

Also finally got the Shotgun Shredder Mod, which was the last thing I needed for shotguns for a good while now, along with Claymore IV.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Oh yeah, also promoted four classes, except for my money maker Salarian Engineer and the Soldier class, which I really don't find fun anymore since they aren't that viable on Gold, despite me having so many powerful weapons.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Soldier Class is weak but fun. I promoted it.

Does somebody care a sniper rifle AND a pistol?

Well shit. When I started my last game I had something like 7k credits. After finishing it, I have 3.7 million credits. Did I end up joining a hacked server? I seem to recall someone got banned from Origin for doing so. What should I do here? Contact EA support?

7GSRyl.jpg

Well shit. When I started my last game I had something like 7k credits. After finishing it, I have 3.7 million credits. Did I end up joining a hacked server? I seem to recall someone got banned from Origin for doing so. What should I do here? Contact EA support?

*image*

Normally I would say contact EA, but they might just ban you without listening to reason, so I'm not entirely sure.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Normally I would say contact EA, but they might just ban you without listening to reason, so I'm not entirely sure.

They will find out anyway, just like that guy who got banned for not telling anything. I suppose its safer to tell EA/Bioware before spending all those credits? I dunno.

Kyoufu

How does Geth Plasma Shotgun work with Cloak? It doesn't seem very powerful on the big stuff. Think I'll stick to the Widow.

Top Bottom