• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Songbird

Prodigal Son
My Origin friend list has dried up of people playing MP. Anyone want to tackle silver? It's about time I graduated from bronze. Origin: KaiLengWuvCereal

eek5

2n7.jpg

Aw yea.. So that's 2 N7 weapons out of 8 packs.

eek5

Lucky you :p I like that weapon (Saber).

----------

hm... no sign of the commendation pack for me... :s

I saw someone post that they'll come out as late was Wed 8PM PST so who knows when they'll drop.
Two spectre packs back to back, two Asari Adepts. Fuck this game.

If you look at what I got in 7 consecutive packs, you'll see the RNG is pretty bad. I basically got the same 3 weapons in each pack. If you pull a card you really hate it's better to just save your credits to open a pack later imo.

Absol

Finished my first gold match today with my brother and two randoms. I was an Asari Adept and he was a Drell Adept. Aside from the rate of Banshee spawning, they weren't really too bad with all the biotic explosions happening, its those damn Ravagers were kind of annoying. Got to say that was really exciting compared to the usual silver match.

Arnie

If you look at what I got in 7 consecutive packs, you'll see the RNG is pretty bad. I basically got the same 3 weapons in each pack. If you pull a card you really hate it's better to just save your credits to open a pack later imo.

I think you're right. I can't complain too much, going in the two items I wanted were the Asari Adept and the Black Widow, so at least I managed half of that. Just feels like pissing coins away which, as a result, puts me off continuing to play.

X-Frame

Opened 3 Premium Spectre packs after 4 Gold Geth games and 2 of them contained 3 Gold items. Very good value!! No character cards, all upgrades to current equipment +1 or weapons. Not bad. Will stick to these until they expire. Though I'd imagine if I got only character cards (which I already maxed out) I would be furious.

ALSO, Tech Bursts are VERY effective now. I waited until Salarian teammates Energy Drained Geth and then quickly Incinerated them which caused quite an electric explosion. It even staggers enemies too, though I don't think it's as effective as biotic explosions despite BioWare saying they should be .. possibly because of the stagger. That is huge for biotic explosions.

eek5

Opened 3 Premium Spectre packs after 4 Gold Geth games and 2 of them contained 3 Gold items. Very good value!! No character cards, all upgrades to current equipment +1 or weapons. Not bad. Will stick to these until they expire. Though I'd imagine if I got only character cards (which I already maxed out) I would be furious.

ALSO, Tech Bursts are VERY effective now. I waited until Salarian teammates Energy Drained Geth and then quickly Incinerated them which caused quite an electric explosion. It even staggers enemies too, though I don't think it's as effective as biotic explosions despite BioWare saying they should be .. possibly because of the stagger. That is huge for biotic explosions.

Yeah I noticed more tech explosions. They're not as good as biotic because it's harder to detonate them

X-Frame

Yeah I noticed more tech explosions. They're not as good as biotic because it's harder to detonate them

True, it is harder to notice when an enemy is primed to detonate with a tech burst because the effects for when they are on fire or electrocuted is harder to see than the bright blue from a Warp -- but they both don't require the target to die which means you can do it over and over.

Just wait until a teammate Overload's or Energy Drain's a target and then immediately fire any direct damage tech or biotic attack such as Incinerate or Throw and it will cause a Tech Burst every time.

So Turian Sentinel's for example can now create their own Tech Bursts which rival biotic explosions with Overload -> Warp if they have a low cool down and tech armor is off.

rozay

Banned
True, it is harder to notice when an enemy is primed to detonate with a tech burst because the effects for when they are on fire or electrocuted is harder to see than the bright blue from a Warp -- but they both don't require the target to die which means you can do it over and over.

Just wait until a teammate Overload's or Energy Drain's a target and then immediately fire any direct damage tech or biotic attack such as Incinerate or Throw and it will cause a Tech Burst every time.

So Turian Sentinel's for example can now create their own Tech Bursts which rival biotic explosions with Overload -> Warp if they have a low cool down and tech armor is off.
I traditionally kept my sentinel at 0 points in warp, I'll have to play around with a build tailored to tech explosions now.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
My Commendation pack finally showed up. First you crash my game during the extraction and then you give me the Valiant. -_-

If it was just shitty crashing all the time I could quit at any point, but dammit then it turns around around gives me exactly the item I wanted. :/

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Got the Eagle. Valiant II would have been sweet.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
No commendation pack. I should get it soon, did three promotions with feedback on.

Ed: Mine arrived! Got an Eagle, neat.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
holy shit my condolences :(

They take a while to roll out to everyone. If you were in the game as they started going out, get out of the game and go back in.

Also, is the Valiant or Widow better?
I love the widow

Serious

Lucky you.

ftg.jpg

lol :(

I can't wait to get my Hurricane III next weekend, personally.

I suppose I didn't really care that much about the other N7 guns anyway, but it would've been nice to at have a Valiant or Crusader to mess around with. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Omega

Banned
No commendation pack, but I've gotten a shitload of Victory packs.

Every time I finish a game, I go back to the main menu, then go back into MP hoping my commendation pack will show up. I just get another victory pack. I appreciate the free 5x missiles and everything, but I would like my commendation pack..

JMizzlin

All equipment in my Victory pack, N7 Crusader in my commendation.

:( Not a shotgun person.

e: "Premium Spectre Pack", woah that's flash. Any idea how long it'll last? A week, yeah?

e2: Would anyone else like to see some kind of trade system implemented? I know people are sick of getting doubles and crappy pulls, so I think a p2p trading system would be awesome, considering everything has a rarity

eek5

After giving Buskell the gears about getting it, he advised me to try hipfiring it. It's actually not bad that way - I use it on my Krogan Sentinel now.

I think the Hornet is better hip fired though and I already have a Hornet X.

TheYanger

aROuy.jpg

Fuck this game right in its dick.
Wow, I hadn't even realized the only positive aspect to the gun is already maxxed out too. So these upgrades are just damage and shit?

Some of these objective placements are terrible.

Even more terrible is last objective wave 10 gold where you get no cover fire after destroying a load of phantoms and atlases with your missile launcher. Fuck.

Please let me know if someone invents a device that allows you to punch people in the face over the internet.

Oh and I got the N7 Eagle. Uh, is that good or bad?

Nori Chan

Fuck it, Yolo I'm opening my pack soon. Wait for the edit.
Commendation:
5 Thermal Clips
5 Medis
5 Missles
5 Survival
Sniper Rifle Amp 2
Shotgun Rail Amp 2

Commendation
5 Thermal Clips
Sniper Rifle amp 3

HURRICANE LETS FUCKING GO YOLO
:(

rozay

Banned
Some of these objective placements are terrible.

Even more terrible is last objective wave 10 gold where you get no cover fire after destroying a load of phantoms and atlases with your missile launcher. Fuck.

Please let me know if someone invents a device that allows you to punch people in the face over the internet.

Oh and I got the N7 Eagle. Uh, is that good or bad?
Fired up the game today and played with THE worst randoms. I try not to kick people out just because of N7 rankings not being 1345223235 but the past 2 times I have been the only one to not kick someone from a game, that person is the guy who camps at the top of the map near the stairs in firebase white while the other 3 of us are downstairs to farm :(

holy shit my condolences :(

They take a while to roll out to everyone. If you were in the game as they started going out, get out of the game and go back in.

Also, is the Valiant or Widow better?

I actually prefer the Valiant far better.

Disclaimer: I am a console player... if I were on PC, I might prefer the Widow more.

With that said, the Valiant gives good damage, is stable, has an EXTREMELY QUICK reload (which is what gives it the edge over the Widow for me) and is lighter than the Widow as well.

Aiming on console is obviously trickier than on PC, so the Valiant gives you a much larger window for error than the Widow.

I don't have the Black Widow myself, but if it's basically a 3-shot-weaker-Widow-but-same-reload-speed, then I'm guessing I'd prefer the Valiant over the Black Widow as well.

122 is nothing really. The others were 500-1000. The thing is, N7 level means nothing. Sure, it can measure experience to a certain extent, but if someone only plays one class, then he's not going to have a high N7 level is he...

It's stupid.

Just teasing, it's not that serious.

X-Frame

N7 Valiant. Is it any good?

Loved it in the SP. When I see teammates use it they always seem to own as well. So I'd say it's the "best" choice.

I got an Eagle. I also used that in the SP which I thought was good, though it is rather heavy and the Carnifex being just a bit heavier seems like the obvious choice.

Valiant is good for fairly constant DPS. Widow is better if you need the burst, and so probably more useful on gold.

As an Infiltrator on silver, you can tear through stuff ridiculously quickly with the Valiant if you cloak and rapidly fire all 3 shots for the damage bonus.

Top Bottom