• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Krogan Sentinel with an heavy melee build + shotgun mod for more melee damage is crazy on bronze. Simply charge and hit everything. Love it.

But i bet on higher difficulties, its not as simple.

I got the Valiant. Not too shabby. Nice change of pace from the one-shot Mantis I've been using.

But, man, I've bought 2 of the new Spectre packs and have received CRAP. Ugh. Both times I got customization options for my Salarian Infiltrator. :(

Serious

You can get away with Krogan melee on Silver, but only if you know when to charge in and when to stay back and snipe. Melee builds can still one-shot a lot of stuff once raged up. But Gold, yeah forget about it.

Omega

Banned
Should I use a the sniper rifle piercing mod? I just played a Gold match and the other two snipers were using it. I was always turned off by it because it says it ignores 60% damage or something.

TheYanger

Should I use a the sniper rifle piercing mod? I just played a Gold match and the other two snipers were using it. I was always turned off by it because it says it ignores 60% damage or something.

Ideally you get one of the rifles that has piercing built in, but it's still decent otherwise. As long as you're one-shotting most things still you're fine, and the 'hard' mobs where your dps actually matters, you will do more vs armor with the mod than you will without it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I actually prefer the Valiant far better.

Disclaimer: I am a console player... if I were on PC, I might prefer the Widow more.

With that said, the Valiant gives good damage, is stable, has an EXTREMELY QUICK reload (which is what gives it the edge over the Widow for me) and is lighter than the Widow as well.

Aiming on console is obviously trickier than on PC, so the Valiant gives you a much larger window for error than the Widow.

I don't have the Black Widow myself, but if it's basically a 3-shot-weaker-Widow-but-same-reload-speed, then I'm guessing I'd prefer the Valiant over the Black Widow as well.
After taking both for a spin, I find that both are pretty damn useful. Valiant makes me a sloppier sniper though, lol. I guess the satisfaction of taking out multiple targets with one Widow shot is appealing but I'm playing on Bronze with it and I can just see it not helping on higher difficulties if you get into a sticky situation with that reload. They both seem alright to me, with different utilities, that's all.

eek5

I've gotten pretty good drag shotting with the snipers but I noticed if you shoot too fast after you scope in your bullet just disappears and shit. Maybe it was because I wasn't host but it is pretty annoying.

Terrible god damn night.

No unlocks from the Victory pack.
Valiant upgrade from the Commendation pack.
Found a good Gold pub, only for the game to fucking crash 30 seconds from extraction.

Fuck this game.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Krogan Sentinel with an heavy melee build + shotgun mod for more melee damage is crazy on bronze. Simply charge and hit everything. Love it.

Krogans melt like Drell on Gold.

The melee is still somewhat viable, but it is definitely situational from Silver up.

Mindlog

My Krogan can rock Silver pretty hard as well. However, I have to admit he can occasionally get a little bashful on Gold.

Commendation pack gave me a Valiant. Nice. I guess I'll have to play some engineer again.

Do the premium spectre packs have a chance to drop +1 carry items? I need those more than anything else.

Sober

Anyone who is not a shotgun person and got the Crusader, I urge you to try it. Try it on a Krogan or an Infiltrator so the weight doesn't really factor. It fires goddamn slugs. You don't even need the choke mod because it's already immediately 100% accurate whether on the move or in cover.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So should we all have commendation packs by now? Or do I have to contact EA support again because their bullshit system doesn't work?

kurahador

dyN7z.jpg

he/she remains like that until the round was over.

Use the reload trick mayne

What's the reload trick?

After taking both for a spin, I find that both are pretty damn useful. Valiant makes me a sloppier sniper though, lol. I guess the satisfaction of taking out multiple targets with one Widow shot is appealing but I'm playing on Bronze with it and I can just see it not helping on higher difficulties if you get into a sticky situation with that reload. They both seem alright to me, with different utilities, that's all.

Yeah, definitely each caters to a different playstyle. I feel my aim is above average/very good, but (for me) at higher difficulties the frantic situations that arise are easier to deal with using the Valiant over the Widow.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
They'll just give you some cut/paste answer, no point.

I don't have mine either if it makes you feel better.

Last time they activated my pack within 24 hours of my request. They were quite good about it.

But I don't really want to participate in these games if I have to do it every time.

Omega

Banned
Last time they activated my pack within 24 hours of my request. They were quite good about it.

But I don't really want to participate in these games if I have to do it every time.

Wow, EA actually did something. I'm surprised.

I read on the BSN official thread that they should be out by Wednesday 5PM PST, or AM, not really sure. I'll give them until 5PM PST before I contact them.

Ha, I get back on and for some reason, have another victory pack. Am I the only one that seems to have infinite amount of victory packs? I won't complain. I'd rather get 5x equipments for free instead of having to wait for one of those special packs.

rozay

Banned
They'll just give you some cut/paste answer, no point.

I don't have mine either if it makes you feel better.
Like EatChildren, I spoke with someone over chat and they activated last last weekend's Commendation pack on my account. Don't think it'll hurt to ask.

Where my Hurricane II people at!!!!

It's fun when you play pubs with decent people. One thing for people doing geth on firebase white, the match goes a lot quicker if you just use decoy as needed when Primes are getting close, multiple Primes are coming in, or you're working on an objective. It's a lot faster to just let the legions of Pyros and Hunters walk up to be grabbed, than to clump them up on decoys where the whole team has to work to kill them.

3 Premium Specter packs, no asari adept still.

Sober

What's the reload trick?
Watch the ammo counter when you reload. For some guns, the animation is long (like the Claymore, it does a slap then a handle cock which is ~2 seconds) but the ammo is already in the gun. Basically you transition into something else to skip the rest of the reload animation. Melee, going to sprint (and cover I guess) work, others say you can use your grenade power (even with 0 grenades) to do it.

rozay

Banned
Watch the ammo counter when you reload. For some guns, the animation is long (like the Claymore, it does a slap then a handle cock which is ~2 seconds) but the ammo is already in the gun. Basically you transition into something else to skip the rest of the reload animation. Melee, going to sprint (and cover I guess) work, others say you can use your grenade power (even with 0 grenades) to do it.
Yeah I actually discovered this myself. Its absolutely essential with shotguns and slow rifles.

^lol. The best thing about the Hurricane II? We're one rank closer to the hurricane X.

Kenaras

Three premium spectre packs opened so far. My six rares were:
Falcon III
Five character cards, all of which were already maxed out

EatChildren

Got my commendation pack. N7 pistol. I'm content.

Unlike the last commendation pack, it isn't showing up in my user entitlements. Maybe this time it doesn't?

You need to have promoted two characters for the commendation pack, right? Damn, I only promoted my Vanguard, my Adept wasn't ready yet. :lol

I just opened another Prenium Spectre pack : disciple, eviscerator, graal spike shotgun.

Shotty ahoy !

I have now more Shotguns than any other weapons. Too bad I don't use them at all.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
With what power?

Stasis is always the first part of the combo. I know that much.

Stasis > Warp, Shockwave, Charge, Lift/Cluster Grenade, Throw, Reave and Pull (I'm pretty sure... I had a dickhead Drell Adept trying to get biotic explosions on stasified targets. Note: don't try and get biotic explosions on stasified targed right off the bat. They lose their stasis effect, and only take a fraction of the damage that they would've received from saaaayy... oh i don't know, a Widow IV to the head? Slow down. Save the biotic explosions for the very last moments of stasis or for targets that can't be killed quick enough.)
Any other Biotic Power other than Stasis. I think there is a tech equivalent too.
Singularity is ....weird when paired with Stasis and vice versa.

Woo! I *finally* got something good from the new premium Spectre Pack: The Widow!

To those who have had The Widow for a while -- is it better to use at level 1 than the Mantis X?

Top Bottom