• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

After playing with 3 friends and all working together I have warmed up to the multi side of things, it can be really good.

Why not let me buy classes also for like 100k credit then to torture me through this random bullshit.

so EA can sell you credits for allards aka fifa ultimate team.

Cels

I just downloaded the demo and started it up, when trying to connect to Origin server got a message saying ME3 server unavailable.

2YyHw.png

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I got kicked out of the game and now I can't even log into Origin. Been playing fine the last couple days, I think the servers just took a dump.

Kyari

I just had a quick few rounds with a friend for the first time before the server went down there. Is there really no text chat option? I couldn't find one.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I just had a quick few rounds with a friend for the first time before the server went down there. Is there really no text chat option? I couldn't find one.

Yeah it says "T" in the options, but that doesn't do anything. I'm guessing it's just not available in the demo?

KKRT00

I've managed to find nice random players for Silver, we finished it two times and then i had to leave ;\, but since then i was finding so bad players that i dont even know if i want to play this game without friends anymore.

We need text chat in lobby and server browser, otherwise i wont touch matchmaking again.

X-Frame

How many people here sacrifice their cool down for more guns?

I am the opposite. Playing as a Human Infiltrator mostly I am spamming cryo blast and cloak with a shotgun and I do well being able to cloak so often and freeze everyone with a sub-2 second cool down.

I guess it depends on the play style.

I've managed to find nice random players for Silver, we finished it two times and then i had to leave ;\, but since then i was finding so bad players that i dont even know if i want to play this game without friends anymore.

We need text chat in lobby and server browser, otherwise i wont touch matchmaking again.

hell yeah pugs are not cool.

And i think a lot of folks dont know when extraction phase starts if you're all in the lz you 7.5k extra exp. That is more then you can kill in the last 15 sec just make sure you make it.

Only time i finished silver was with a gaf squad.
And Ea start origin servers please im invited to a party and don't want to go yet its boring folks so i want to at least play 2 more hours before going to the bore fest.

I am the opposite. Playing as a Human Infiltrator mostly I am spamming cryo blast and cloak with a shotgun and I do well being able to cloak so often and freeze everyone with a sub-2 second cool down.

I unlocked a well beefy pistol and 2x scope, it's basically a portable sniper rifle so I run around with that and a burst fire SMG.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

I only carry one gun, so I can spam Warp (Sentinel here). I would be far less effective if I had more guns on me. That said, I'm finding the Sentinel's abilities a little underwhelming. I'm tempted to switch to Vanguard.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Played about 4 or 5 rounds last night. I got super lucky and on my recruit pack I got a Turian Sentinel, the one race I wanted for sure, and it was level 3. In my first match at about the 7th Wave I was the last man standing with 2 packages to decrypt in 2 minutes and about a dozen and half enemies still chasing me. I saved the day and we then went on to win the match. It felt good man.

After that I only managed to fully complete two other matches, with one other getting to wave 10 before we all got taken out and another to wave 5. Im level 13 now and its damn fun. I can definitely see myself wasting a lot of time with the full game as long as theirs enough variety in the maps and enemies to keep things interesting.

Sophuis

Neo Member

Vanguard with a lone shotgun here. Charging in under five seconds is a must and frankly a privilege. Such a blast.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Played for a while with a few Gaffers on PS3 and it was a blast. Really fun once you start leveling up a character and have a good squad. I wish we could trade things that we got from packs with other players, though. It would make equipment like a TCG.

Samara

Ugh, I'm always the one with the lowest points. Oh good job Sam, you revived more than 50 people. But you have the accuracy of a banana. Here's 50 points

Yesterday we got pretty far; I think hit wave 10,Then I saw this Cerberus woman and she had a sword: W T F. I did what I could to help the team: I did a barrel roll
batman.gif

rozay

Banned
Ugh, I'm always the one with the lowest points. Oh good job Sam, you revived more than 50 people. But you have the accuracy of a banana. Here's 50 points

Yesterday we got pretty far; I think hit wave 10,Then I saw this Cerberus woman and she had a sword: W T F. I did what I could to help the team: I did a barrel roll
batman.gif
I still lose my shit when they pop up in front of me. Thankfully vanguards seem pretty decent at getting rid of them, but 2-3 in the same area? rest in peace my entire team

rozay

Banned
I don't know if it's possible to complete Gold without mics. 4 phantoms and 3 atlases rushing in. Jesus fucking christ.

Also, has anyone unlocked a weapon that isn't in ME2 or are they saving those for the final game? Something like half the total unlocks are in the demo.

I've won one bronze game on Ghost (the rust-colored map.) Was close to winning another, on something like round 9, with only 3 people in the party, but I got DCed from the servers.

The disconnects are really frustrating, since it's only from the EA server, and not XBL or anything else, and it just automatically removes you from the game - no waiting to reconnect or anything. Horrible, horrible netcode and matchmaking functionality. I sincerely hope it's fine in the retail release, as when I do get in a game, it's really fun.

I'm just sort of exasperated after hardly making any progress since I have probably greater than a 90% chance of being DCed than finishing a round, thus getting no XP or Credits. Really awful that.

Someone tell me that it's not just me experiencing these awful issues? I've seriously probably spent more time loading and/or disconnecting than actually playing.

I'm on XBL: CarbonFalcon

LuchaShaq

Banned
REALLY surprised I liked the multi.

Really torn because I refuse to buy games with an online pass new and this is the most excited I've been for a game...ever?

Will probably try to be patient and get the game through gamefly since it's "used" and they ship you the inserts when you buy it.

Mindlog

Ugh, I'm always the one with the lowest points. Oh good job Sam, you revived more than 50 people. But you have the accuracy of a banana. Here's 50 points]
Try human vanguard. You don't have to aim too much. On bronze it's just all charge and nova.

Got into a random pub with 2 high level players on gold difficulty. I didn't have the right character or equipment but went ready anyway. We made it to round 4 with 3 people. I thought it said we got a 60k credit bonus just for finishing an objective on wave 3. I am curious to see how they scale up that difficulty wave 10.

Also need to know the passive race traits.

Even as a soldier, I just stick with the basic assault rifle. Add recoil reduction and a scope and you get an accurate weapon which does a lot of damage (especially with the right powers), and weighs practically nothing. Unlockable weapons come with quite heavy weights that don't offer that much more firepower, and certainly not enough to compensate for the large increase in cooldown times.

Vanguards are insane with a 200% power recharge rate. Combine it with the 25% cooldown reduction from using Nova and you can charge something like every 2.5 seconds.

The only class where I use anything else is my Infiltrator, where naturally I go with the default sniper rifle.

Someone tell me that it's not just me experiencing these awful issues? I've seriously probably spent more time loading and/or disconnecting than actually playing.

Something like 50% of my games either end up with me not being able to join the lobby, getting stuck at the start of the game, disconnecting from the servers (which for some stupid reason boots you back into single player so you have to load up MP again), failing to join games and getting an error, having a player not ready up, experiencing the glitch where players can't ready up or the game doesn't start even which everyone ready. And then there's the lobby glitching out by causing players to vanish and then crashing the 360...

The game is great when it works, but it has an extremely high failure rate. I don't have much confidence that the retail version will be much better without being patched... does anyone know how old the demo build is?

JB1981

After playing with 3 friends and all working together I have warmed up to the multi side of things, it can be really good.

so EA can sell you credits for allards aka fifa ultimate team.

Yes I agree. I think they have done a good job and have made something quite fun and addictive here. Kudos to Cliffy B and Epic for spawning all these quality copycat game modes

rozay

Banned
Try human vanguard. You don't have to aim too much. On bronze it's just all charge and nova.

Got into a random pub with 2 high level players on gold difficulty. I didn't have the right character or equipment but went ready anyway. We made it to round 4 with 3 people. I thought it said we got a 60k credit bonus just for finishing an objective on wave 3. I am curious to see how they scale up that difficulty wave 10.

Also need to know the passive race traits.
(not my picture, so I don't know how high or low their time bonuses were)

nel e nel

Playing Infiltrator, and I've been beasting with the cryo blast/sniper combo, Whoo!

Also had to solo out a couple of rounds today because the pubs I was playing with weren't playing smart. Tactical cloak was a lifesaver there.

Mindlog

(not my picture, so I don't know how high or low their time bonuses were)
Must have been XP I saw. And apparently the end-game is almost all phantom and Altus. Nice vid there.

They should offer more cash on gold. It's not like those players need experience. Well the Infiltrator did.

rozay

Banned
Must have been XP I saw. And apparently the end-game is almost all phantom and Altus. Nice vid there.

They should offer more cash on gold. It's not like those players need experience. Well the Infiltrator did.
Yeah it seems almost not worth it over consistently beating silver if you're interested in money.

ShaneB

I've read very little about the multiplayer, but what is known about the longevity of the leveling and "numbers going up"? What's the level cap? "prestiging" (I really wish there was another common word for this, lol) ? Playing the demo makes me wonder if everything is put to the max since it seems like leveling is not a problem at all.

rozay

Banned
I've read very little about the multiplayer, but what is known about the longevity of the leveling and "numbers going up"? What's the level cap? "prestiging" (I really wish there was another common word for this, lol) ? Playing the demo makes me wonder if everything is put to the max since it seems like leveling is not a problem at all.
N7 rank seems to be an overall rank but I'm not sure if it actually changes anything.

As far as "prestigeing" when a character reaches the max level of 20, you can send them into your single player campaign as allies to raise your war assets for what I'm going to assume are later battles in the game. You don't have to do this though, you can just complete more missions in the SP campaign to get the same results.

I don't really understand how the levelling will work in the final game since it seems you don't specifically level up individual characters to 20 but you level up the entire class instead (so if you have a level 18 human soldier and you unlock a krogan soldier, he'll be level 18 as well)

Top Bottom