• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

It happened to me a lot.

It saved the day
the credits
a lot of times too

Something similar happened to me on Jade. I got downed and suddenly respawned at the top platform, only now my character was spazzing out all over the map. I eventually ended up stuck underneath the platform, but I could still kill people. :lol

AlStrong

Hm.... there seems to be an extraction zone bug on Jade. I've had it twice now, and I've missed extraction despite being well within the zone. I was hugging the wall/corner on the middle platform (front/left corner facing the base).

Still haven't gotten the pack with the weapon. The one I got was full of garbage level 1 equipment. :s

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hm.... there seems to be an extraction zone bug on Jade. I've had it twice now, and I've missed extraction despite being well within the zone. I was hugging the wall/corner on the middle platform (front/left corner facing the base).

Still haven't gotten the pack with the weapon. The one I got was full of garbage level 1 equipment. :s

Yeah, i saw something similar yesterday on that same map. I'm sure i was in the extraction zone, yet my name was in red in the mission complete screen. I was also in cover in a corner. Not that i care much about getting a full or partial extraction anyway, doesn't affect the credits we get, and that's all that really matters. I don't even feel like wasting any consumables on the extraction wave because of this.

AlStrong

Not that i care much about getting a full or partial extraction anyway, doesn't affect the credits we get, and that's all that really matters. I don't even feel like wasting any consumables on the extraction wave because of this.

lol Yeah, more XP for level 20 is exactly what players need... and character cards. >_> They should really consider having a cash bonus for extraction (if they're even able to do it). :s

edit:

bah, EA servers down for me now.

Melchiah

Anyone else witnessed a glitch regarding the new objective, that prevents you from taking the package from the ground? Nothing happened no matter how many times I pushed X.

X-Frame

How many credits will those be?

If the Jumbo Spectre is 2x the PSP then the Mystery Character and N7 Pack will be like 250,000 credits.

Bisnic

How many credits will those be?

If the Jumbo Spectre is 2x the PSP then the Mystery Character and N7 Pack will be like 250,000 credits.

Do not want, i like being able to buy packs after 2 games. Anymore than that and it feels too long. 250k credits is like 4 gold matches or 9 silver ones. And you have to win wave 10 for that!

Bisnic

I started playing ME3 today, should I wait to play MP after I beat the SP?

If you worry about MP having SP spoilers, dont be. Sure some SP maps are in MP(or rather the MP maps are in SP), but it doesnt spoil anything other than on what planet they are. Although i suppose the
Salarian, Turian and Asari homeworld
maps could be considered spoilers since there is main campaign missions on these planets, even if the maps are nothing alike in both SP and MP.

You can just play MP whenever you want anyway, sure it improves your readiness rating from 50 to 100%, but it has little effect in the campaign, despite what you may think.

If you worry about MP having SP spoilers, dont be. Sure some SP maps are in MP(or rather the MP maps are in SP), but it doesnt spoil anything other than on what planet they are.

You can just play MP whenever you want anyway, sure it improves your readiness rating from 50 to 100%, but it has little effect in the campaign, despite what you may think.

what does that mean?

Bisnic

what does that mean?

It improves the number on a meter you'll see during the campaign that gets bigger and bigger as you get more allies in your war against the Reapers. It's supposed to affect the ending, but in truth it doesn't change much. You'll see once you beat the game anyway, so don't worry about the readiness.

Reece

what does that mean?

During ME3 you collect a bunch of "war assets" that are each assigned a number, add em all up and that number effects your ending (very slightly). If you never play multiplayer you're total score will only be 50% of what you collected, the more you play multiplayer the more assets you can "use" in single player. It's basically a multiplier. You should shoot for 4000 effective military score if you want the "best" ending.

It improves the number on a meter you'll see during the campaign that gets bigger and bigger as you get more allies in your war against the Reapers. It's supposed to affect the ending, but in truth it doesn't change much. You'll see once you beat the game anyway, so don't worry about the readiness.

thanks, I'll just dive into SP

krakov

I think I just completed my first gold match, ending up on top with not a single consumable used. Also with randoms, reviving, keeping lookout and doing the objectives. Feelsgoodman but I'm actually surprised it wasn't harder.

My favorite class right now is shotty infiltrator, currently rolling with the Salarian and a Wraith 1. Experimented a bit with humans the other night as well, no geth yet. Though I got the engineer so I already know that I hate hunter mode. Wish I could get some upgrades for it and the claymore but I mostly get useless stuff. I'm expecting a nerf to the proximity mine sooner or later as it's completely bonkers/awesome.

Bisnic

You have a graal X? Why aren't you using it?

Because i hate weapons that i need to charge for maximum damage. Especially since i can't take cover when im charging.

Claymore it is, even if its STILL rank IV. *shake fist at random loot*

If you're using the Graal when cloaked, does the charge up process decloak you (and therefore loses the damage bonus)?

You need to fully charge your weapon before using Cloak, or else you will lose it, if you decide to charge while cloaked.

Melchiah

Is there any connection with what weapon upgrades you get, and what weapons you use? Perhaps it's a coincidence, but I seem to get upgrades mostly for the weapons I've used, which is annoying as I can't use Claymore II due to its weight.

Bisnic

Is there any connection with what weapon upgrades you get, and what weapons you use? Perhaps it's a coincidence, but I seem to get upgrades mostly for the weapons I've used, which is annoying as I can't use Claymore II due to its weight.

Nah, completely random, like i already said, my Carnifex and Claymore are still at rank IV and i use these weapons a lot, yet my Falcon, Graal and Hornet are at X and i think i used them only once.

Melchiah

Nah, completely random, like i already said, my Carnifex and Claymore are still at rank IV and i use these weapons a lot, yet my Falcon, Graal and Hornet are at X and i think i used them only once.

Ah, ok. I already started to think whether I should use Claymore in order to get upgrades for it.

CushVA

from the dept of "Are you f'ing kidding me?"

Doing a Gold Run (Fiirebase White - Geth)

less than 10 seconds until extraction and either the hosting player quit or was disconnected....70,000+ credits down the drain

rozay

Banned
Because i hate weapons that i need to charge for maximum damage. Especially since i can't take cover when im charging.

Claymore it is, even if its STILL rank IV. *shake fist at random loot*

You need to fully charge your weapon before using Cloak, or else you will lose it, if you decide to charge while cloaked.
If you're landing headshots, you will destroy any cerberus unit on gold without charging though. Hell, even body shots do good damage against phantoms.

edit:I just realized you were probably talking about the geth infiltrator, and yeah I agree this isn't an effective choice for that class. It's possibly the best (or one of the best) weapons for batarians and krogan though, hell even power based classes. Flechettes have such a satisfying thunk, and the fire rate and reload time are decent.

edit2 in case somebody reads this and tries the gun out-you need to be host or it'll shoot blanks.

If you havent received commendation pack yet contact ea
Use live chat. Very quick

https://help.ea.com/contact-us
Does anyone else keep getting "Sorry, this service is unavailable" messages when trying to log in to talk to chat? Am I doing it wrong?

Bisnic

from the dept of "Are you f'ing kidding me?"

Doing a Gold Run (Fiirebase White - Geth)

less than 10 seconds until extraction and either the hosting player quit or was disconnected....70,000+ credits down the drain

Usually when the hosting player leave, the game will choose another host from one of the player left and restart the current wave. The thing is while the game is doing that, you get a nice button in the middle of the screen to quit and most of the time when the game is finished loading the new host, i'm left alone or we're only 2 because an idiot decided to click without reading.

By the way, is the Ultra light material for SMGs really not fixed despite being in the patch notes?

Reece

By the way, is the Ultra light material for SMGs really not fixed despite being in the patch notes?

They removed that line from the patch notes: http://social.bioware.com/page/me3-patches

I was hoping to start carrying around a hornet all the time but sadly not this time.

When equipping it in the weapons select screen it accurately changes your cooldown bonus but in the actual game it doesn't have any effect.

People say the only gun it actually works on is the Geth SMG.

rozay

Banned
They removed that line from the patch notes: http://social.bioware.com/page/me3-patches

I was hoping to start carrying around a hornet all the time but sadly not this time.

When equipping it in the weapons select screen it accurately changes your cooldown bonus but in the actual game it doesn't have any effect.

People say the only gun it actually works on is the Geth SMG.
that's correct, the geth SMG has been working with ultralight materials since the resurgence pack came out, but all the other SMGs are bugged and don't actually get weight reduction. It's easily testable by taking another weapon with the SMG to reduce your cooldowns more.

Top Bottom