• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Hey I've wasted over a million credits!! I got this dude and one of the vorchas. Ridiculously fun

Okay, guess I'll let you have 'em. We should play soon, I wanna see 'em in action.

from the dept of "Are you f'ing kidding me?"

Doing a Gold Run (Fiirebase White - Geth)

less than 10 seconds until extraction and either the hosting player quit or was disconnected....70,000+ credits down the drain

Heh, I was doing a Bronze run on Jade (needed just a few more creds for a PSP and didn't have a lot of time) and the game started lagging like crazy for me during round 2. I persevered, and during round 10, the host disconnected and took the other players with him. The game restarted on wave 10 with just me playing, luckily I got the 'targets' objective. Soon enough some other people joined and we finished wave 11 together.

PSP ultimately netted me the Kishok and an upgrade for my Reegar, maybe now it won't burn through ammo so quickly.

I feel the same way, man. I'm still waiting for both my geths. Every time I open a specter pack I usually get weapon upgrades and xp for characters I already have.

I unlocked the geth Engineer, he's probably my favorite class I have unlocked right now. So awesome with a Widow.

Melchiah

It appears today's patch changed the matchmaking settings, as there has only been people with around 250-270 N7 rating on the matches I've played tonight. I found it somewhat boring, as everyone's too evenly matched.

Gui_PT

It appears today's patch changed the matchmaking settings, as there has only been people with around 250-270 N7 rating on the matches I've played tonight. I found it somewhat boring, as everyone's too evenly matched.

Mmm yes, evenly matched on a co-op multiplayer is just wrong

Melchiah

I know, I was just kidding

Glad to see they kick idlers now, btw. Good thing

I imagine better matchmaking suits Gold matches well, but I rarily play them as I don't find them that fun. Would be nice to have more credits though.

Oh, there's been a change regarding idlers? I just thought one guy quitted after standing still for a while.

BTW, I stumbled onto some player, who wanted to start a Bronze match by just the two of us, and then quitted on round two after he died and I revived him. Jackass. Played 1½ rounds by myself, but luckily some others appeared after a while. Completing the new objective would have been kinda hard by myself. Playing with a team of two Krogan Vanguards and a Krogan Soldier turned out to be fun. Beating Geth Primes and Atlases to submission as a group. =)

With all those new pay for N7 weapons pack, we are safe to have free dlc in the future. people will pay for a pack with one N7 weapons. We'll see Valiant X in no time

Noticed a huge change as well. Before I was constantly getting stuck with 1-50 N7 players and now I'm getting matched up with 200-1000 in Silver. Did they change the matchmaking or did the patch bring back players?

Not sure how I'm liking it either. Getting sick of constantly reviving bad high ranked Vangard players at the last waves and only 2 people make it out to extraction.

Melchiah

Noticed a huge change as well. Before I was constantly getting stuck with 1-50 N7 players and now I'm getting matched up with 200-1000 in Silver. Did they change the matchmaking or did the patch bring back players?

Not sure how I'm liking it either. Getting sick of constantly reviving bad high ranked Vangard players at the last waves and only 2 people make it out to extraction.

I haven't tried Silver or Gold today, so it's probably different with Bronze, where all the players were evenly matched. Well, there were a couple who needed constant reviving, and one of them was a Vanguard as well.

Gui_PT

Am I the only PS3 player not getting his commendation pack even after promoted 4 character over the week end ? :(

Believe I saw someone else complain on twitter. They were told to forward the complaint somewhere. I doubt I can find the link but I'll try

Edit: No link but here's the conversation

Hello from a very concerned Mass Effect player. I promoted 3x level 20 characters during shield wall & still no commendation.

EA Support can unlock that for you if you are having problems!

Edit 2: Link! https://help.ea.com/en/mass-effect/mass-effect-3

Edit 3 : Ridiculously beaten :lol

Xevren

Hurricane isn't a joke like it used to be, hits hard for a smg. Just takes a bit to get used to the kick of it. At least you didn't get the Eagle.

Mindlog

Managed to play two Random/Cerbrus/Gold matches. The Kyrsae is too easy to use. No aiming required and dead Phantoms everywhere. Giant went by easily and Condor was even easier. We held the back hill. 3 people near the platform and me on the other side keeping everything locked down. It seemed even easier than White Gold Geth. Nothing can get close.

After those two easy matches I was staring at my credit stockpile. 1.39. To hell with it I splurged on 4 PSP packs.

Javelin VI
Commando Package II (Pistol + Biotics)
Harrier II
~crap~

Two ultra-rares in 4 packs and a gold mod in another. That's pretty damn nuts.

**They reduced the amount of time between waves. It really changes the flow of a match. I like it.

X-Frame

I feel like there's little reason to use a Striker or Falcon when the Krysae does everything better. Nerf likely inevitable.

rozay

Banned
**They reduced the amount of time between waves. It really changes the flow of a match. I like it.
Came here to post this. It's good in some ways, bad in that I have that much less time to restock grenades on my drell.

Anyone else noticing some serious framerate drops after the DLC/patch? I swear the framerate went into single digits on condor at one point, I've never had that happen even in the beta.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Came here to post this. It's good in some ways, bad in that I have that much less time to restock grenades on my drell.

Anyone else noticing some serious framerate drops after the DLC/patch? I swear the framerate went into single digits on condor at one point, I've never had that happen even in the beta.

Nope, always 60 FPS, no matter what's on the screen. :D

Bisnic

Well, just found another wonderful glitch... my Engineer is stuck at lvl 19 and 496150XP/500000XP. Just did a silver game and didnt gain a single point of xp.

I'll try again later, maybe with another race than Geth in case of, but that's kind of shitty.

Edit : nevermind, i went and bought a spectre pack, came back and my engineer was lvl 20... :lol

Looks like they mixed up the text of the packs... Victory Pack says "squad goal" and Commendation says "community goal".

Got the Graal III and Hurricane I. At least I have every N7 weapon now. =\

Came here to corroborate this. Game is nigh-unplayable now when it used to run at a fairly constant 30 fps for me. :(

rozay

Banned
Adepts might be broken with 1.03 too. I'm the last person alive and I hit an enemy with a warp, then throw hits the target and does nothing. Try again and still no success.

Has this happened to anyone else? It's not that the throw projectile misses or travels a weird path, it goes to the target but does no damage, makes no sound and causes no BE to happen :(

Reece

I don't know what's wrong with me but I played a few games as the Geth infiltrator build you guys suggested and I was getting mixed results. Not really dying but constantly in third place, maybe it's because I started at level 4 (now 15). I'll keep it up but the crap hunter mode throws up gets me disoriented and makes me not want to keep it on.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't know what's wrong with me but I played a few games as the Geth infiltrator build you guys suggested and I was getting mixed results. Not really dying but constantly in third place, maybe it's because I started at level 4 (now 15). I'll keep it up but the crap hunter mode throws up gets me disoriented and makes me not want to keep it on.

Well if you don't have all of the abilities and perks then you're not able to really use the build :p

All builds are for level 20.

Reece

Well if you don't have all of the abilities and perks then you're not able to really use the build :p

All builds are for level 20.

Ha, yeah I get it. I think I was just expecting way too much, I'm going to level it up to 20 and see how it goes.

Dave_6

Finally decided to throw a build on the Geth Engineer and it's beastly. Chain overload with a fully offensive turret is pretty powerful and I've yet to max Hunter mode.

I desperately need to get the Carnifex and Claymore past level II :(

Time in-between waves is ridiculous now.

Is this Bioware's way of saying, FUCK YOU GUISE?

Also, the countdown death ring increases in speed if you're still hammering on the button when the ring is at the 3:00 o'clock position. =\

Bisnic

Yeah the Hunter mode can get a bit disorienting, especially on waves with objectives when you're trying to find the blue mark. But after a while, you tend to ignore it.

After a bit of practice, you'll be unbeatable with him.

Replicant

Was the patch supposed to nerf GPS? I feel that I need to hit enemies with more bullets than I used to before the update. And the weird thing is my GPS is now X after DLC whereas before it was VIII.

darkworkz

Playing my Justicar tonight and I had red outlines of enemies behind cover in near by areas and behind smoke. Anyone else have this? Is this a new feature or did I encounter a bug?

exYle

The Krysae sniper is fucking unbelievable. With the exception of Atlases, everything was bowing down to me during a Cerberus Gold on Jade. Energy Drain + Krysae clip = dead Phantoms (possibly even multiple dead ones).

Bisnic

The Krysae sniper is fucking unbelievable. With the exception of Atlases, everything was bowing down to me during a Cerberus Gold on Jade. Energy Drain + Krysae clip = dead Phantoms (possibly even multiple dead ones).

The Reegar "shotgun"(more like flamethrower) is just as ridiculous. Never saw a phantom or Atlas's shield go down so fast before. All this at rank I. It must be unbelievable at X.

The Reegar "shotgun"(more like flamethrower) is just as ridiculous. Never saw a phantom or Atlas's shield go down so fast before. All this at rank I. It must be unbelievable at X.

Solo as a Vorcha with the Reegar and Flamer, I can drain an Atlas down to about 1/4 armor using simultaneous fire (in one go, once I reload and recharge its done).

Tabris

Is the game broken right now? Two out of the last three games I played had significant lag to the point where the enemies I was shooting at was either dead or on the other side of the map and just ended up quitting. I never had a single problem with lag until the new DLC.

I'm on X360

Tzeentch

The goddamn sprite errors are getting out of control. After round 1 almost every single explosion (even biotic) have that black square around them like the alpha channel isn't working. They barely changed anything this patch (and didn't even fix most of the things they said they did) how did they manage to break RENDERING?

And no they haven't fixed afk teammates. At. All.

rozay

Banned
They really broke a lot of stuff. I'm dying from a single shot after using ops survival packs as if the game isn't aware that I have health+shields, and probably the most annoying glitch is where I am still at minimum health but the red haze and noise disappears. Can't tell how close I am to death and end up dying from doing something I shouldn't have.

Top Bottom