• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I wonder if I should jump on this at all...

PC version

Max Payne 3 MP was a great surprise, so might as well

Yes, the multiplayer is as much of a great surprise. Everyone was shitting on the MP when it was announced(even i was skeptical), yet it has much more replay value than the campaign(partly due to the disappointing ending).

I'm also on PC, my Origin name is Bisnic.

Yes, the multiplayer is as much of a great surprise. Everyone was ****ting on the MP when it was announced(even i was skeptical), yet it has much more replay value than the campaign(partly due to the disappointing ending).

I'm also on PC, my Origin name is Bisnic.

Almost entirely due to the disappointing ending. I've been itching for a replay, but every time I think about the ending the idea leaves.

Bisnic

Almost entirely due to the disappointing ending. I've been itching for a replay, but every time I think about the ending the idea leaves.

Yeah, i kinda want to replay the campaign since i lost my save after formatting my hard drive, but then i dont see much point as the ending i get is always the same no matter what. Will wait and see for when they announce the ending DLC details before i bother.

X-Frame

I'm with all of you. I only played the SP once and even though 99% of the game is amazing, that ending really sours the motivation.

I'll likely start a 2nd play through when the Extended Cut DLC is released and hope it fixes it enough.

Xevren

I'm with all of you. I only played the SP once and even though 99% of the game is amazing, that ending really sours the motivation.

I'll likely start a 2nd play through when the Extended Cut DLC is released and hope it fixes it enough.

Same here on all points. Really hope that extended cut stuff is good. I usually replay the ME games quite a bit, just don't see the point right now until the dlc comes out.

rozay

Banned
It's impossible to find a game on firebase white gold where people don't run to the desks, be it cerberus, geth, or reapers. I either stay at the spawn when the game starts to see where people gravitate to and leave immediately or troll them if I spawn into an objective wave by leading the target away from the desks lol

Reece

Man they might as well just give us all two free N7 weapons right now.

It's impossible to find a game on firebase white gold where people don't run to the desks, be it cerberus, geth, or reapers. I either stay at the spawn when the game starts to see where people gravitate to and leave immediately or troll them if I spawn into an objective wave by leading the target away from the desks lol

That's the best thing I've ever heard.

:-/

AlStrong

The heavier the guns you're carrying, the longer the recharge on your abilities.

Well duh. I meant, how are the calculations done with the numbers they keep updating?

For example,

- Encumbrance increased from [1.75-1.0] to [1.75-1.25]

How does that translate to your character recharge speed? If they're going to be giving us these numbers, I'd like to know what the reference numbers are for each character i.e. how much they can carry, and how the recharge speed is calculated.

Mindlog

That number is turned into a weight value. I don't know if anyone has posted the actual formula. There are so many racial and ability modifiers for weight that the easiest thing to do is just to check your cooldown bonus in the weapon loadout menu.

My favorite Pro Gold tip I picked up:
If on wave 3 you get the VIP objective and the first target is a large boss -> Cobra it immediately. Thanks to the spawn rules every following target will be a smaller mob unit.

What I do is charge from the desk to the hallway and destroy the spawn. I keep playing very aggressively without dying and soon the rest of the team will come out of its shell. Some team are more successful than others.

It used to be that a team that stayed at the ladder were considered noobs. Now I believe most skilled players start around there.

Also, Scorpion Gethfiltrator is awesome. I'm still rocking a Scorpion I, but I finally have an ultra-rare I really want to upgrade.

I really like the Indra too. Nice change of pace. Krysae was getting old. I can outscore a good Krysae user with my Scorpion Geth, but I have to run around and hit spawns like crazy.

rozay

Banned
Well duh. I meant, how are the calculations done with the numbers they keep updating?

For example,

- Encumbrance increased from [1.75-1.0] to [1.75-1.25]

How does that translate to your character recharge speed? If they're going to be giving us these numbers, I'd like to know what the reference numbers are for each character i.e. how much they can carry, and how the recharge speed is calculated.
The different classes/characters have specific base encumbrance values and aren't listed anywhere in the game's interface, and any weapons you carry are subtracted from that. In this case, a level 10 eagle now decreases your capacity by 25% more than it did before the changes.

JMizzlin

Really wish this game was more generous with credits. I'm starting to handle silver runs a lot easier now without using equipment, but it's just so time consuming to get enough credits to buy a Premium Spectre Pack (which have pretty terrible drops, too).

Is this weekend double credits, per chance? Have there been any credit bonuses? I want Rebellion characters :(

Bisnic

Really wish this game was more generous with credits. I'm starting to handle silver runs a lot easier now without using equipment, but it's just so time consuming to get enough credits to buy a Premium Spectre Pack (which have pretty terrible drops, too).

Is this weekend double credits, per chance? Have there been any credit bonuses? I want Rebellion characters :(

If you only do Silvers, buying a regular Spectre pack might be better for you, i mean you can buy a pack every 2 games rather than every 4 for the same amount of gold items + you get more equipments in the end. Premium Spectre packs are better if you do Gold runs though.

rozay

Banned
Anyone playing today have luck with ultra rares? I opened about 6 spectre packs and got a wraith II, paladin II and a black widow II. I feel like I should continue playing but I'm just too tired :(

Thanks a lot EA, I apparently can't receive my victory or commendation pack because I complained too late... cause I couldn't even get into the fucking multiplayer last week.

Apparently "system constraints" prevent me from getting them now that the event is over or something, that's just fucking stupid.

Fuck EA.

Thanks for the link, dude. I ditched my two heavy weapons for only the Graal. Krogan Soldier plays much better now. Although I gotta say, lag affects hit detection for the Graal a lot.

The graal sucks when you're playing in Europe. If I get matched up with people from the US, bullets take the same time to hit an enemy right in front of me they would take to hit the wall on the other side of the map. :lol

Cat Party

No, there has never been a credit bonus promotional weekend or anything like that. I don't expect there will be one, since they would prefer you spend real money of credits.

But you should start playing Gold. You'll find that there is so much more teamwork in comparison to Silver. You get 70K credits, so it's more than double Silver.

rozay

Banned
No, there has never been a credit bonus promotional weekend or anything like that. I don't expect there will be one, since they would prefer you spend real money of credits.

But you should start playing Gold. You'll find that there is so much more teamwork in comparison to Silver. You get 70K credits, so it's more than double Silver.
Should add that completing up to wave 6 nets you more credits than a full silver match and it's easier than wave 10 of silver.

Thanks for the link, dude. I ditched my two heavy weapons for only the Graal. Krogan Soldier plays much better now. Although I gotta say, lag affects hit detection for the Graal a lot.
Yeah I always host when I want to use it because of that. It's really such a good gun though, I would've never tried it out if not for this video.

Melchiah

Should add that completing up to wave 6 nets you more credits than a full silver match and it's easier than wave 10 of silver.

It seems like they have upped the difficulty on Silver, as what felt like a breeze before feels like a burden now.

Melchiah

It might be the people, believe it or not I find Bronze to be harder than Silver because the teammates are so horrible.

Could be, but the odd thing is the Silver matches seemed easier before with a mismatched team, as they do now with a similarly matched team.

Bisnic

I find this hard to believe since enemies in Silver dies so fast compared to Gold.

rozay

Banned
I'm neglecting the higher damage output and health of enemies, my bad. I believe less banshees/primes/atlases/phantoms spawn on gold wave 6 versus silver wave 10 which was the basis for my statement of "easier."

It seems like they have upped the difficulty on Silver, as what felt like a breeze before feels like a burden now.
Half of the difficulty in this game for me comes from how broken biotic projectiles are :/ I've gotten so frustrated with warp and throw projectiles missing or hitting and doing absolutely nothing that I don't play the original asari adept or human sentinel anymore

Bisnic

Are Krogan Vanguards as invincible in Gold than in Silver?

Seriously, with a "tank" spec and a light shotgun, NOTHING can kill me in Silver except those one hit kills abilities(which means fighting Geths guarantees a victory :p)

With a recharge speed of 4.31 seconds at 200% Power Recharge speed, I can spam Biotic Charge to get back 100% of my Barrier before it goes to 0 and keep meleeing while everyone else safely shoot from distance until they're all dead. It's fun to charge into a group of 6 Silver Geths and none of them can kill me because of that.

I doubt i can do this in Gold, but if its nearly as effective, maybe i'll use him there.

the chris

I was thinking earlier about new modes they could add to multiplayer and thought about something along the lines of 'historical battles' in the Mass Effect universe. Basically one species against another species "re-enacting" conflicts from the past like:

- Quarians vs Geth
- Humans vs Turians
- Krogans vs Salarians and Turians
And if they ever add Protheans
- Protheans vs Reapers

I just thought it would be a cool idea to add a little more variety to the multiplayer.

Cat Party

I was thinking earlier about new modes they could add to multiplayer and thought about something along the lines of 'historical battles' in the Mass Effect universe. Basically one species against another species "re-enacting" conflicts from the past like:

- Quarians vs Geth
- Humans vs Turians
- Krogans vs Salarians and Turians
And if they ever add Protheans
- Protheans vs Reapers

I just thought it would be a cool idea to add a little more variety to the multiplayer.

Great idea. Doubtful we see that in ME3, but if we ever get a standalone sequel, that would be a great way for BioWare to generate some interest in it.

Melchiah

Half of the difficulty in this game for me comes from how broken biotic projectiles are :/ I've gotten so frustrated with warp and throw projectiles missing or hitting and doing absolutely nothing that I don't play the original asari adept or human sentinel anymore

Yeah, I've noticed that. Overload and Quarian Male Engineer's Tactical Scan at least don't seem to need pinpoint accuracy.

Bisnic

So i did Random Random Gold... guess what we got?

Firebase Goddess Reaper. ;_;

Well at least we beat the wave 10 objective.

Xevren

Goddess is great once you kind of get the flow of it, especially if you're playing a grenade class. <3 getting 2 nades per ammo box. Would be nice if it were like that normally on all boxes.

What is the point of being a Soldier? I tried it once and it feels like the worst class in the game.
Same here. I can't do shit with all the biotics taking my kills with no problems whatsoever.
No matter what I do, I just don't have the DPS in comparison with other classes. :/

-viper-

Banned
I tried playing as an adept. It was much better, but I seem to be racking far more assists than kills. How do I unlock more powerful weapons?

Sai

What is the point of being a Soldier? I tried it once and it feels like the worst class in the game.
It most likely is. Still, I take my Human Soldier out with a solid Assault Rifle, and a fast recharging Concussive Shot every once in a while and do pretty well.

I tried playing as an adept. It was much better, but I seem to be racking far more assists than kills. How do I unlock more powerful weapons?
Which Adept are you using? I've got my Asari Adept equipped with just a Carnifex, and I hardly ever use the thing. S'all about dem Biotic Detonations~

Cat Party

Human Soldier is a great class when used with a high damage weapon that is not single shot. You can get a 70% weapon damage bonus with Adrenaline Rush, and it will last a full clip of most guns if not more. Adrenaline Rush also instantly reloads your weapon (I feel like many people don't know this), so a slow reloading gun like the Saber or Krysae is that much better. Fire off your clip, hit adrenaline rush, fire off another instantly at 170% damage. You can put out 6 shots from the Krysae with the damage equivalent of 8 shots (if you're following my math) in the amount of time it normally takes to fire 3 shots and reload.

I think the soldier also has a high weight capacity, so you can keep a good cooldown even with heavy weapons.

AlStrong

I use human soldier every now and then. You really need the right weapons to take advantage of Adrenaline (insta-reload, damage bonus, partial shield recharge). I switch between Striker, Claymore, and Krysae at the moment. The frags are pretty destructive.

For the Turian, you can go a bit nuts with the Revenant + Marksman. The Geth Plasma Rifle is hilarious (not necessarily effective, but still hilarious). :p Hurricane can be pretty good too.

edit: ^^ What Cat Party said.

rozay

Banned
Play human sentinel. Max throw, then warp, then alliance training and pick the talents related to power damage/force and weight capacity. You want to get as close to 200% (the max) as possible. Strategy with this class is to use throw on enemies with only health. If they have shields or armor, you'll want to first hit them with a warp, then hit them with a throw to cause an explosion that can take out enemies around the one you attacked.

If you're only playing bronze matches, get recruit packs until your 5 starter weapons are at decent levels, then get veteran packs and maybe occasionally a spectre or premium spectre.

edit:for throw rank 4-6, pick radius, detonate, and force&damage and for warp force, expose, pierce. also, if you are playing bronze go 5 points in tech armor picking damage reduction and power damage and 3 in fitness, or if you're just using a pistol and already have 200% cooldown skip rank 6 of alliance training and use it on rank 6 of tech armor to reduce the power speed penalty. You will get 40% damage reduction with level 5 tech armor, but it adds 50% to your cooldown times, level 6 changes it to 20%.

DreamMessiah

Neo Member
Play human sentinel. Max throw, then warp, then alliance training and pick the talents related to power damage/force and weight capacity. You want to get as close to 200% (the max) as possible. Strategy with this class is to use throw on enemies with only health. If they have shields or armor, you'll want to first hit them with a warp, then hit them with a throw to cause an explosion that can take out enemies around the one you attacked.

If you're only playing bronze matches, get recruit packs until your 5 starter weapons are at decent levels, then get veteran packs and maybe occasionally a spectre or premium spectre.

edit:for throw rank 4-6, pick radius, combo, and force&damage and for warp force, expose, pierce. also, if you are playing bronze go 5 points in tech armor picking damage reduction and power damage and 3 in fitness, or if you're just using a pistol and already have 200% cooldown skip rank 6 of alliance training and use it on rank 6 of tech armor to reduce the power speed penalty. You will get 40% damage reduction with level 5 tech armor, but it adds 50% to your cooldown times, level 6 changes it to 20%.

I haven't try the human sentinel, yet. But I will definitely use that build, thanks!

rozay

Banned
With tech armor specced for power damage and all the possible force&damage upgrades, you can take out grunts in a single throw. It's probably one of the best starter classes and I still would take one over an asari adept versus reapers or geth.

Top Bottom