• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Cat Party

With tech armor specced for power damage and all the possible force&damage upgrades, you can take out grunts in a single throw. It's probably one of the best starter classes and I still would take one over an asari adept versus reapers or geth.

Yup, I only use Asari Adept for Cerberus. That boost from tech armor to your powers is worth the minor loss in cooldown.

What is the point of being a Soldier? I tried it once and it feels like the worst class in the game.

New players drag it down, especially in Silver, but I've seen some good high level players using the soldier class.

Just got Vorcha soldier too. Is this the invincible class everyone has been saying?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Geth Engineer + N7 Hurricane + Flamethrower Geth Turret + Double Chain and Neural Shock Overload = Lol Cerberus

masseffect32012-06-091xmig.png

Bisnic

I'd like to try that. Mind sharing your Geth power setup?

6/5/6/5/4

Geth Turret : Shields & Damage/Armor Damage/Flamethrower
Hunter Mode : Power Recharge/Power Damage
Overloard : Chain Overload/Neural Shock/Chain Overload
Networked AI : Damage and Capacity/Power Damage
Advanced Hardware : Durability

I sacrificed some points on damage so i could get more health and shield, but i suppose that might be what's saving my life when i decide to charge a group of Cerberus. I suppose you could ignore putting points into Advanced Hardware and put those for Hunter Mode Damage and Networked AI Weapon Damage so things can die even faster.

My Hurricane have the Damage and Heat Sink mods.

I usually just throw my Turret in the middle of a group, spam Overload to keep them stunned and kill them with my Hurricane while they're defenseless. Pretty simple. The closer you are to them the better since Hurricane kinda sucks when you're too far.

It's probably not as effective against Reapers than Cerberus and Geths mind you. Dunno how good it could be on Gold either lol. I just have a lot of fun on Silver. :p

Havok

Opened five Premium Spectre and two normal Spectre packs today, none of the new characters. Guess I won't be getting that weekend challenge thanks to the asinine slot machine.

Mindlog

I played a map of White/Gold/Geth. I had just finished almost soloing Cerberus/Giant and got tired of looking for a proper match.

1 Salarian Engineer, 1 Male Quarian Engineer, 2 Male Q Infilitrators. 20 minutes.
Not too shabby.

I have weird buying habits. I'm trying to keep a 2 million credit reserve so I don't spend more than that. However, if a PSP gives me an ultra-rare I keep buying until I stop getting them or I hit 1m, whatever comes first. My last batch gave me: Talon IV/Grenade Capacity III, Harrier III, Harrier IV. Crazy.

I plan on doubling my credit reserve if possible. New DLC?
The fighting is fiercest when it's your home at stake! Mass Effect 3™: Earth adds mods, gear, and new maps for Rio, Vancouver, and London. It features 3 new weapons: Piranha assault shotgun, Acolyte pistol, and Typhoon light machine gun. Six new human N7 classes are also available: Destroyer, Paladin, Demolisher, Slayer, Shadow, and Fury!
*This DLC supposedly includes the ending's 'extended cut.'

Opened five Premium Spectre and two normal Spectre packs today, none of the new characters. Guess I won't be getting that weekend challenge thanks to the asinine slot machine.
You don't have to be the character. Just finish a game with one on your team. I thought a GAF group was going to get together today?

-viper-

Banned
Play human sentinel. Max throw, then warp, then alliance training and pick the talents related to power damage/force and weight capacity. You want to get as close to 200% (the max) as possible. Strategy with this class is to use throw on enemies with only health. If they have shields or armor, you'll want to first hit them with a warp, then hit them with a throw to cause an explosion that can take out enemies around the one you attacked.

If you're only playing bronze matches, get recruit packs until your 5 starter weapons are at decent levels, then get veteran packs and maybe occasionally a spectre or premium spectre.

edit:for throw rank 4-6, pick radius, detonate, and force&damage and for warp force, expose, pierce. also, if you are playing bronze go 5 points in tech armor picking damage reduction and power damage and 3 in fitness, or if you're just using a pistol and already have 200% cooldown skip rank 6 of alliance training and use it on rank 6 of tech armor to reduce the power speed penalty. You will get 40% damage reduction with level 5 tech armor, but it adds 50% to your cooldown times, level 6 changes it to 20%.

That sounds good. I'll try it out.

Bisnic

I played a map of White/Gold/Geth. I had just finished almost soloing Cerberus/Giant and got tired of looking for a proper match.

1 Salarian Engineer, 1 Male Quarian Engineer, 2 Male Q Infilitrators. 20 minutes.
Not too shabby.

I have weird buying habits. I'm trying to keep a 2 million credit reserve so I don't spend more than that. However, if a PSP gives me an ultra-rare I keep buying until I stop getting them or I hit 1m, whatever comes first. My last batch gave me: Talon IV/Grenade Capacity III, Harrier III, Harrier IV. Crazy.

I plan on doubling my credit reserve if possible. New DLC?

*This DLC supposedly includes the ending's 'extended cut.'

You don't have to be the character. Just finish a game with one on your team. I thought a GAF group was going to get together today?

Six human classes? =/ Well, more classes is better i suppose. Although we are starting to get too many of them now. We need more enemies dammit.

In other news :

"I have no idea what i'm doing." -Atlas

So 'Operation Mastiff'. As long as you have one of those three classes and complete an extraction on silver, you get a Victory pack or is there anything I'm missing?

Mindlog

So 'Operation Mastiff'. As long as you have one of those three classes and complete an extraction on silver, you get a Victory pack or is there anything I'm missing?
That's the Commendation Pack. If at least one member of your team is a Rebellion character and at least one member extracts then you should qualify.

Victory Pack is if all together everyone complete 100,000 retrieval objectives. I think this is going to be more difficult than most people anticipated.

VFixed.

Bisnic

That's the Commendation Pack. If at least one member of your team is a Rebellion character and at least one member extracts then you should qualify.

Victory Pack is if all together everyone complete 50,000 retrieval objectives. I think this is going to be more difficult than most people anticipated.

It's 100k actually.

Victory Pack is if all together everyone complete 50,000 retrieval objectives. I think this is going to be more difficult than most people anticipated.

It's 100k actually.

Commendation pack seems easy, I have a Soldier Vorcha, guessing that works, can you do that unlimited amount of times or is it a one time thing?

100000 retrieval objects? Isn't that pretty much impossible since you get about 2 objects to retrieve a match?

Bisnic

Commendation pack seems easy, I have a Soldier Vorcha, guessing that works, can you do that unlimited amount of times or is it a one time thing?

100000 retrieval objects? Isn't that pretty much impossible since you get about 2 objects to retrieve a match?

It's 100k retrieval missions, not objects. And since there is a risk you get a game with no such mission, yeah i guess its quite a lot.

rozay

Banned
Alright, I just finished a match on Silver random with a Soldier Vorcha, full extraction and all. I did not get any bonus pack.

Any ideas?
Tuesday bro

That earth DLC sounds too early to have leaked; the problem with 2 valid previous leaks is its really easy for someone to now type one up and pass it around :/

Tuesday bro

That earth DLC sounds too early to have leaked; the problem with 2 valid previous leaks is its really easy for someone to now type one up and pass it around :/

Yeah I just saw that. Is the number of times you can get it done limited or as many times as you want to maximize your packs??

Sai

Phaeston IX, Vindicator VI, Scimitar IX, and Phalanx VI...

And I've only got 6 of the 11 Uncommon Gear thus far: Hydraulic Joints II, Mental Focuser II, Structural Ergonomics I, Multicapacitor IV, Shotgun Amp I, and Pistol Amp III.

Just unlocked Vorcha Soldier, I think he's pretty fun but gotta look up some builds on him.
6's on everything but Carnage here. 212 for Bloodlust. 111 for Flamer. 212 for Resilience. 211 for Fitness.

Lil' guy's nigh-invincible. Bioware seriously needs to give the Krogan that regenerative ability for Rage.

Bisnic

Getting disconnected on a Gold extraction wave is fucking depressing, completely killed my interest in doing more multiplayer games tonight.

I understand the reason why Bioware isn't giving the credits right away(so people dont leave in the middle of the game once they get the credits they need), but it's still bullshit. :(

Is it me or did they just ramp up the difficulty on silver?

I've played the last 6 silver matches with the same team (more or less). We dominated in the first 4 but the last 2 were... different. Our asses we're whooped on the last objective wave both times. Way more enemies and they seem to do a little more damage.

Sai

So, the SMG LM Mod works on weapons besides the Geth Plasma SMG now, right?

Vindicator's at VII, Phalanx's still at VI.

rozay

Banned
So, the SMG LM Mod works on weapons besides the Geth Plasma SMG now, right?

Vindicator's at VII, Phalanx's still at VI.
nope, bugged on all but the geth SMG post patch. it shows a lower time in the power screen but doesn't work in game, and if you look at the power screen again after the game the times go back up.

Nemesis_

Loving the fact the expansion introduces new powers rather than just combinations of already existing characters / powers.

DON'T LOVE THE FACT that I have yet to unlock any of them despite spending COUNTLESS HOURS. =(

Disappointing =(

Havok

I've been getting a lot of server drops since the patch, anybody else?

Just got dropped out of a game where we were matched with Gui, pretty lame.

Gui_PT

I've been getting a lot of server drops since the patch, anybody else?

Just got dropped out of a game where we were matched with Gui, pretty lame.

Hey you could've said something. Yeah I dropped too =\

Edit: Hope I didn't paly like a fool. Still getting used to this Vorcha

Played about 5 games yesterday. Got extracted in 3 of them, but since I wasn't sure if I needed a Rebellion character to get extracted (I was Lone Survivor, and the other one was partial), I did it again.

Either Silver got harder or my teammates got dumber. One Krogan vanguard kept going in kamikaze style, had a Widow equipped, and burned through all his medpacks in the early waves. He left in the extraction wave. Joke's on him: we made it out.

Bought a couple Veteran Packs (both had the Quarian female Infiltrator sigh) and I got the Vorcha Sentinel in a PSP.

They should really decrease the odds of character cards once it reaches max level (5?)

Havok

Hey you could've said something. Yeah I dropped too =\

Edit: Hope I didn't paly like a fool. Still getting used to this Vorcha
You were pretty far ahead of the other vorcha in there, I thought you were doing fine. I was gonna try to keep that party going as long as possible, but then we stopped playing after the disconnect (third one today).

Gui_PT

You were pretty far ahead of the other vorcha in there, I thought you were doing fine. I was gonna try to keep that party going as long as possible, but then we stopped playing after the disconnect (third one today).

Yeah I keep getting that too =\

sophora

Phaeston IX, Vindicator VI, Scimitar IX, and Phalanx VI...

And I've only got 6 of the 11 Uncommon Gear thus far: Hydraulic Joints II, Mental Focuser II, Structural Ergonomics I, Multicapacitor IV, Shotgun Amp I, and Pistol Amp III.

6's on everything but Carnage here. 212 for Bloodlust. 111 for Flamer. 212 for Resilience. 211 for Fitness.

Lil' guy's nigh-invincible. Bioware seriously needs to give the Krogan that regenerative ability for Rage.

exactly the same build I threw on him haha. Having a blast with him

I played a little of this back at launch, but I've been wanting to get back into it. I need some people to play with though. Does anyone on the 360 wanna add me? I'd love to play with some fellow Gaffers.

Gamertag: BlastoTheHanar

Nemesis_

Is it just me or have you guys been randomly assigned to only Noveria or the new Surkesh map? I don't seem to be playing on ANY OTHER levels.

I swear to god these premium spectre packs are making fun of me

They really need to lower the cost or up the credit-earning ratio. I play Silver, and I can buy maybe one per night, and that's if I'm lucky.

I played a little of this back at launch, but I've been wanting to get back into it. I need some people to play with though. Does anyone on the 360 wanna add me? I'd love to play with some fellow Gaffers.

Gamertag: BlastoTheHanar

Add me: BlueNinja BE. I'm not online all that much, but if you see me on, don't hesitate to send me an invite.

Fucking idiots playing krogan.

That is all.

Addendum: Fucking lag that makes me waste medkits by only registering I used them after I get downed. I'm sick of this shit and I'm sick of their shitty unlock system, too. Time to move on.

I love the Valiant's fire rate and capacity, but the decrease in damage over the Mantis X is kind of noticeable. AFAIK, I can't kill a Nemesis on Silver with one cloaked headshot from a Valiant.

I love the Valiant's fire rate and capacity, but the decrease in damage over the Mantis X is kind of noticeable. AFAIK, I can't kill a Nemesis on Silver with one cloaked headshot from a Valiant.

That's why you land three shots, reload and put another 3 shots before the mantis can make two

Bisnic

So what exactly is causing this stupid Infiltrator glitch where my cloak decloak 2 secs after using it? I "love" running into enemies after using my cloak and going "FUCK FUCK FUCK" after it decide to trolls me and decloak for no reason. It's my favorite class to play Gold, but this glitch is making it frustrating.

Cat Party

That's why you land three shots, reload and put another 3 shots before the mantis can make two

Yup. I love when you're on extraction with those armies of Guardians coming at you.

pop-pop-pop

CATxPARTY [N7 Valiant] Guardian

exYle

So what exactly is causing this stupid Infiltrator glitch where my cloak decloak 2 secs after using it? I "love" running into enemies after using my cloak and going "FUCK FUCK FUCK" after it decide to trolls me and decloak for no reason. It's my favorite class to play Gold, but this glitch is making it frustrating.
I've been experiencing the same, and it only happens when I use weapons with multiple shots in the clip (GPS, Krysae), whereas one-shot weapons work perfectly fine (Claymore, Widow). It also doesn't occur when I'm the host.

Bisnic

I've been experiencing the same, and it only happens when I use weapons with multiple shots in the clip (GPS, Krysae), whereas one-shot weapons work perfectly fine (Claymore, Widow). It also doesn't occur when I'm the host.

Pretty sure i saw this glitch too with a Claymore, although its been a while... i saw it all the time with the Krysae last week which kinda suck, but if being the host can "fix" it, maybe that's what i'll do.

Top Bottom