• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Yeah, but you can't filter who gets to join a game. It can really slow down getting a good gold game going.

The group can boot people. Not sure if it takes a majority vote or what, but I've had it happen to me (3 guys with characters in the high single digits/low teens in the group, I was trying out my level 2 Vanguard, and I got booted before the game started - but it was a friggin' Bronze game, we should have been fine if they didn't suck, despite my low level).

KKRT00

People stressing over drops shouldn't feel too bad. I just hit 120 and I still don't have a carnifex.

I'm level 40 but miss Carnifes too ;\ Damn i want this weapon so bad, i've just spend 180k and havent got anything interesting for my infiltrator ;\

Violet_0

Banned
for gold matchmaking, it usually takes me 10-15 tries to find a decent game (meaning 4 players with at least level 15+)

and I still haven't gotten past wave 8 yet. You pretty much need an Asari adept + the rest of the team together to focus fire 3 phantoms at once.

Mindlog

The group can boot people. Not sure if it takes a majority vote or what, but I've had it happen to me (3 guys with characters in the high single digits/low teens in the group, I was trying out my level 2 Vanguard, and I got booted before the game started - but it was a friggin' Bronze game, we should have been fine if they didn't suck, despite my low level).
Not if more than 1 low level joins. It's still a slower process than it should be.

I would also like to see more stats. I killed a lot of Phantoms and Atlaseses.

I do have another question if anyone knows. Does the Widow shoot through an Atlas? Sometimes a cloaked widow shot through the cockpit knocks off ~1/5th of an Atlas shield. Other times the same shot seems to do well over 1/3 and closer to 1/2. I'm beginning to wonder if from certain angles I am shooting through the Atlas and getting the weak spot bonus from the vent on its back.*

*Easier explanation. It's the pilot. Duh.

Not if more than 1 low level joins. It's still a slower process than it should be.

Ideally people should learn over time though (especially when it's only open to retail purchasers and not just any moron that downloads the demo). If your character is too low, then don't choose "Any" challenge level. If you do choose "Any," and you end up in Gold, you'll get booted by the group. Things will work themselves out... hopefully.

Dany

Banned
I quickly took a peak into Horde mode, is it objective base at all or just survive?

I think I am going to try my adept in the SP on hardcore before I switch over to MP. Can we drop guns in the second mission on the salarian planet. That was my main issue when I first played the demo when it first game out.

Violet_0

Banned
"any" is the default setting

Bioware should really think about a minimum level requirement for silver/gold, or at least fix their matchmaking so that when you kick people, others actually fill the empty spot

"any" is the default setting

Bioware should really think about a minimum level requirement for silver/gold, or at least fix their matchmaking so that when you kick people, others actually fill the empty spot

"Any" being the default probably isn't terrible if you've got a knowledgeable player base. Unfortunately, that's impossible to have when it's a free demo currently.

But you're right, it would be nice to at least have a warning when a player selects either Silver or Gold, notifying the player that the difficulty is high and should only be attempted with leveled up characters.

People stressing over drops shouldn't feel too bad. I just hit 120 and I still don't have a carnifex.

Having played that much, here is what I'd like to see changed/fixed/added:

Invisible turret bug. Turrets are bad enough, do they really need stealth?

Undead enemy bug. He's laying on the ground, he looks dead, but he's shooting the shit out of you.

Allow us to bind an action key. That way if I want to perform an action INSTEAD of sticking to cover I can do it without the stars being in perfect alignment.

Matchmaking. Lots of ways to make this better. It shouldn't take 15 minutes of attempting to connect to one game or another to get one that eventually works. On top of that flag hosts who drop mid-match and allow us to check a box that says, "I don't want to play with these fuckers." Don't dump us out to the main menu after a failed join via invite. Matter of fact, just check to see if the game is full before going through all of that and place a reservation if there is a spot.

Maybe they will increases drops in the final version. There are still some weapons locked for the demo and stuff. :)

-----

An Expert and a Infiltrator are enough to survive almost all waves of silver. Did two rounds with a guy and we made it to round 9 and to round 8. Pretty hardcore but a lot of fun. :) But never got a decent group for gold :(

Walshicus

Hmm, having trouble inviting a friend into my games on Origin. Tried joining his and get a "Lobby Full" message back, despite his lobby being empty.

Any ideas, other than checking ports/firewalls?

EDIT: Hmm, Origin web browser defaults to google. Gross.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Does anything carry over to the final version from this multiplayer?

Do you get any bonus for participating in the beta, etc.?

KKRT00

Oh fuck, i think i'm done with randoms on gold, i've just got Asari Adept equipped with Mantis and Assault Rifle ...

Does anything carry over to the final version from this multiplayer?

Do you get any bonus for participating in the beta, etc.?

No and no.

KKRT00

Oh! We've almost finished gold with 3 infiltrators [two salarian and human] and turian sentinel, but two guys got D/C in 9th wave!
Damn, i would had my first gold match finished ;\

Croc

Banned
Ugh I was just doing awesome on Silver with a group, we were on the 10th round, just about to finish when the host disconnected. I was relieved cause it said it was going to just restart the wave but then it just reset it and put me all by myself.

I had like 4 Nemesis and an Atlas right in front of me at the start and needless to say I didn't finish.

Finally. Beat Gold with all 10 waves and extraction.

around 200.000 EXP and 60.000 Credits.

Group:

3 x Infiltrator, 1 x Expert

We made minced meat out of the phantoms :D and i finally got my sniper rifle damage extension

MNC

I still cant set my hotkeybar.... am i doing something wrong? Press shift and (try to) drag a power to the hotkeybar, right? It wont budge.

Okay so at this point my only major complaint (besides the fact that the unlock system is downright brain dead) would have to be that, at least on PC, the hit detection is incredibly dodgy at times. I can't count the number of times I've aimed right at the head of a dude leaning out of cover (or my flanking them so I'm above their cover) only for it to not count.

Violet_0

Banned
that shield regen exploit showed me just how crazy phantoms on gold really are - their ranged attack seems to be an autohit, they can fire it at an insane speed and it deals as much damage as a sniper shot per hit

also, when the host player leaves, no one get exp or credits - this is fucking stupid

Croc

Banned
I'm really getting sick of the whole "X/A button does everything."

At least 3 times this match it's caused a team member to die because of me because I kept going into cover while trying to revive them.

RS4-

Tried the shield exploit, didn't work for me on 360. Respawned back in the landing zone and still died immediately to gold enemies.

squidyj

I'm really getting sick of the whole "X/A button does everything."

At least 3 times this match it's caused a team member to die because of me because I kept going into cover while trying to revive them.

yeah it's pretty bad. They need to do a separate key for taking cover, sprinting and interacting with stuff can be the same key, that's fine, but popping in and out of cover needs to be it's own key.

TheExodu5

Banned
It's practically impossible to join a game with a friend. Create a game and no-one joins. Go to quick match and I always join a full game.

Alright, i was going to avoid the demo and come in dark but I decided to just go ahead a download the demo to give the multiplayer a try.

Origin: FelixLighter

X-Frame

f I join a game and there's 2 people in it should I wait and will people join in or were the 2 of us the only people matched together and we're shit out of luck?

rozay

Banned
Went back to finishing my ME2 playthrough after playing this for the past week and I died within 8 seconds of the first encounter in the collector base. Why is my charge cooldown so long? Why can't I roll or nova the enemy in front of me!

I wouldn't say that the controls in ME3 are perfect, but they're definitely a good step up in my opinion.

What kind of powers did they have? Singularity (adept), or Throw (sentinel, assuming they were a human)?

Hehehe. If you start watching your teammates power while playing gold then you are already dead. ;)

I didn`t notice which kind of powers she used but she had no problems fighting them. One of the snipers at my side just took them closed combat style (a salarianer) and it felt like he was killing them almost one hit.

We were all just covering each others back at the snow map and covered the two paths on the right side from the start with the two ammunition boxes. It is good to have 2 infiltrators or 3 because of the stealth... :)

@X-Frame: we just start most time because if someone comes he will just join the game. One time i joined a game and my team were already dead....*lol*

Really interested in the other maps.

I'm hoping we get:

- Eden Prime
- The Illusive Man's Hideout
- Shadow Broker Ship
- the Vancover/Seattle megacity
- Korlus
- Freedom's Progress

Violet_0

Banned
finally, just unlocked the Salarian infiltrator

as expected, I like his abilities way better than those of his human counterparts

and is it just me, or do Salarians have better accuracy?

KKRT00

Are people retarded or smth? Its like 4th time in row that i play with Asari Adept that has two weapons and almost dont use statis ;\

Top Bottom