• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Squall516

I still don't have it yet T_T it would be nice to use for my Vanguard or Asari Adept...head shotting shit everywhere while there in stasis lol. I haven't unlocked any new guns really. I have 3 chars all almost lvl 20 and the only new gun i just unlocked was the matlock lol >_<

rozay

Banned
What are the major differences between the Carnifex and the Phalanx?
Heavier, has a rate of fire similar to what it (and the phalnax) had in ME2 and has lower ammo capacity but does a huge amount of damage and is accurate as fuck. A Carnifex I can one shot grunts on bronze if you get them in the head.

IMO it's the perfect weapon in the beta for the asari adept.

I just grabbed a hornet the SMG the Cerberus troops use. Has anyone had much experience with it? I know most SMGs are shit, but one can hope that might be a reason to use this one.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Man, the widow sniper rifle is a beast! That thing can mow down everything. Only problem I have with it are Phantoms.

It sure would be nice if people who extensively played the demo get a skin or other trinket when they buy the final game, no? :D

Also, for some reason whenever I create a game, nobody joins. My friend does it and his game is filled within seconds. Anyone know why?

Violet_0

Banned
I'd take a Carnifex over a Sniper Rifle any day. Shotgun/Carnifex Infiltrator is freaking god tier for me.

I don't even have a Carnifex and I still find myself using my pistol all the time, to the point where I'm wondering why I'm even taking the sniper with me. Not sure what to do with shotguns, I think I'd rather have decreased cooldown durations (as a Salarian infiltrator, anyway). Pistols already pack plenty of fire power (and munition) imo.

Also, for some reason whenever I create a game, nobody joins. My friend does it and his game is filled within seconds. Anyone know why?

matchmaking in ME3 (at least in the demo) is pretty bad. I've noticed that, when there are 3 players in the lobby, there's still a chance that someone might join the match within a reasonable amount of time, and when you play with only 3 players, the game will almost always drop another player into the running match.

rozay

Banned
I don't even have a Carnifex and I still find myself using my pistol all the time, to the point where I'm wondering why I'm even taking the sniper with me. Not sure what to do with shotguns, I think I'd rather have decreased cooldown durations (as a Salarian infiltrator, anyway). Pistols already pack plenty of fire power (and munition) imo.
Take a shotgun instead of the sniper rifle!

So I just played a round with the Hornet. That thing is a piece of shit. Its recoil up is ridiculous and it does like no damage. Its probably the worst rare unlock in the whole damn game.

jgminto

Well both the Katana shotgun and the Carnifex are above level 5 in upgrades so that decreases the weight quite a bit. And my Infiltrator is primarily a rushing/flanking class so my shotgun is vital but the scoped carnifex is a really nice sidearm for holding points or taking out Phantoms, Nemisis, Turrets and Engies, as well as Guardians if I'm solo.

Violet_0

Banned
Take a shotgun instead of the sniper rifle!

meh, I used shotguns before I switched to pistols as my secondary (now primary) weapons. I honestly didn't notice any huge differences in damage output (well, I only used lighter shotguns), but then again, I'm always aiming for the head.

Jubbly

Help me GAF: I've beaten Gold but still can't work out how to grab dudes on the PC when the icon shows up behind cover.

Also, why do BioWare Social Network mods/employees state that the weapons have five upgrades? I've taken several to level X (10), and the mods to V.

MNC

Help me GAF: I've beaten Gold but still can't work out how to grab dudes on the PC when the icon shows up behind cover.

Also, why do BioWare Social Network mods/employees state that the weapons have five upgrades? I've taken several to level X (10), and the mods to V.
Just press the melee button once as soon as the fist icon appears

X-Frame

I unlocked a Hornet SMG which was a gold unlock and it's pretty bad at level one. It's a burst-fire SMG with crazy recoil.

I still keep going back to the Phalanx + Scope, so the Carnifex + Scope will be even better.

Man, the widow sniper rifle is a beast! That thing can mow down everything. Only problem I have with it are Phantoms.

It sure would be nice if people who extensively played the demo get a skin or other trinket when they buy the final game, no? :D

My tactic for phantoms

1. Use stealth
2. Use Ice on them
3. You hit them: shoot them in the head (they will pause for a second or two) and run a bit away. If you dont hit them: Let them avoid the ice, target right the spot where they avoided and shoot them in the head. Then run away a bit.
4. Reload and repeat. Takes a bit skill but sometimes i can down them in just two shots when the barrier is already gone.

where can i see the weapon level? or how much they need for the next level?

Iam always up for a gold round...

"DuncaGallagher" @Origin!

rozay

Banned
Can't believe there's less than 2 weeks before this comes out.

I'm probably going to not play the multiplayer before I finish the game though, I wish they implemented an opt-out method for save files to not let galaxy at war affect them.

rozay

Banned
All the new weapons available in SP will be available in the MP?

Yeah, only half the weapons are in the demo. Only guns that don't have official confirmation for MP are the DLC guns except the collector rifle that comes with tie-in merchandis

Ikkarus

Two of my plathroughts on Gold.

Noveria 1-6 wave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PdnM6DN6co&hd=1

Firebase 6-9 wave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6R1nezJAFc&hd=1

I dont have upgrades here, because i joined without a lobby, i also dont have final energy drain upgrade so killing shielded enemies isnt that fluent :)

Hard to find decent people for gold ;\

Kind of painful to see the Asari Adept not using stasis. :(

Nice videos though. Infiltrator and Adept are the two classes I have had the most fun online with.

this guy

I've been running an Asari adept with a M-97 Viper and a Carnifex for a while now. I can't just go with the pistol when I play, I feel to naked. On the plus side, I have the -30% pistol weight upgrade, so I'm not quite so bogged down during movement.

I tend to be the leader of my team the vast majority of the time. Very fun. I wish I could get some unlocks for alternate appearances though like highlight, etc. She look so dull as is. :( I also still haven't unlocked the Widow, which is a bummer.

Sai

People that recruit others through Facebook get up to five MP DLC Packs.
Anybody here I can recruit? I've only gotten one from my friends thus far. :/

Sorry if this has already been asked 'n all&#8212;I've been avoiding the multiplayer, trying to concentrate on wrapping the Career I'm getting prepped for ME3.

Sorry if this has already been asked 'n all—I've been avoiding the multiplayer, trying to concentrate on wrapping the Career I'm getting prepped for ME3.

I'm looking as well, if anyone's interested.

Not sure where I should ask this question, but has anyone been having trouble with Friend Requests?

I just tried to friend someone I know, and while we both sent requests to each other, it's not showing up anywhere in the Origin client.

nel e nel

I just grabbed a hornet the SMG the Cerberus troops use. Has anyone had much experience with it? I know most SMGs are shit, but one can hope that might be a reason to use this one.

The Hornet is especially shit. Terrible accuracy with even worse kickback. I got the Locust SMG and that is all win with the scope.

Squall516

Sorry if this has already been asked 'n all—I've been avoiding the multiplayer, trying to concentrate on wrapping the Career I'm getting prepped for ME3.

Ya same here, I found out about this yesterday and was trying to add people on my facebook. I'm willing to help people out and add them if they will do the same thing for me. Also does it work if i completed the demo already on my 360?

Can someone tell me how i can add a power back to the quickslot 1?

Normally i had stealth there but now the game kicked it out and i dont know how i can get it back...

While I won't deny that the Hornet is really tough to use, if you shoot from under cover then the recoil is greatly reduced. With that said, still really tough to use.

KKRT00

Can someone tell me how i can add a power back to the quickslot 1?

Normally i had stealth there but now the game kicked it out and i dont know how i can get it back...

Rejoin a match, it should appear again.

Kind of painful to see the Asari Adept not using stasis. :(

Nice videos though. Infiltrator and Adept are the two classes I have had the most fun online with.

Tell me about it :) Guys with statis that not using it, shouldnt be allowed to play this game ;P

It's me or this looks graphically better than the single player portion of the demo?

Noveria looks better, but mostly because of art style, not tech related stuff :) Those MP environments are quite limited so i think they have better textures in some places, but not everywhere unfortunately
http://i.imgur.com/fyUTq.jpg

Anyone has noticed how 'indoctrination boosters' looks like? Like small reapers ships :), quite neat.

I still dont how i'll manage multiplayer in full game. I dont want spoilers, but its so much fun that i dont know if i will be able to resist playing it before i'll finish campaign.

Sai

This would explain why some of my FB friends that I know like ME aren't showin' up on the list... :/

I'm looking as well, if anyone's interested.
Ya same here, I found out about this yesterday and was trying to add people on my facebook. I'm willing to help people out and add them if they will do the same thing for me. Also does it work if i completed the demo already on my 360?
I'll PM you guys.

Top Bottom