• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Techies

I was actually surprised that I could still find matches so late in the game's release on the Wii U, may not be the console with the most players, but those players are dedicated.
So this has turned into my primary online game for the Wii U. It just remains fun.

It also had headphone support, so if someone is watching TV I just go off-TV and play a few matches online.

Sai

And here I thought this thread would die after I stopped bumping it. ;p

I did get both my Wraith and Paladin up to X, by the way; found an excuse to grind for a few more Arsenal and Reserve Packs.

The game has since been removed and uninstalled from my 360's disc tray and hard drive respectively. I really am done this time. XD

Chocobro

And here I thought this thread would die after I stopped bumping it. ;p

I did get both my Wraith and Paladin up to X, by the way; found an excuse to grind for a few more Arsenal and Reserve Packs.

The game has since been removed and uninstalled from my 360's disc tray and hard drive respectively. I really am done this time. XD

What game(s) will you be playing now? :) Are you great at Halo 4 too? Noticed you were playing that a few days ago.

Sai

Eh, I doubt I'll be sticking with Halo 4 for too long; title update improved things, but I'm still not crazy about it. Might be willing to overlook my issues with the game's multiplayer if I found a good group to play with. The guys I used to play with here at GAF seemed to have moved on. :/

I've built-up a pretty large backlog of single player games, so I'll probably be working that down for a while.

Gui_PT

Eh, I doubt I'll be sticking with Halo 4 for too long; title update improved things, but I'm still not crazy about it. Might be willing to overlook my issues with the game's multiplayer if I found a good group to play with. The guys I used to play with here at GAF seemed to have moved on. :/

I've built-up a pretty large backlog of single player games, so I'll probably be working that down for a while.

Most people from HaloGAF barely play Halo4 anymore.

There's still a few folks that party up rather often, just mention you're interested in joining them.

Melchiah

Fuck there is no one playing anymore it's ridiculous! I get back from holidays and no one is joining my games!

I found plenty of random players on PS3, when I played a couple of days ago. Albeit, I joined matches, as I've found it to be easier to find players that way.

got a few games in but in had to carry the team. players were level 200 or less. bought 1 arsenal pack and got a Lancer 1. they should up the UR drop rates now to encourage more people to play.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
got a few games in but in had to carry the team. players were level 200 or less. bought 1 arsenal pack and got a Lancer 1. they should up the UR drop rates now to encourage more people to play.

I doubt they will ever do that, Bioware pretty much dropped support of the MP mode anyway. I don't think they even ban hackers/cheaters anymore, at least not in waves announced to the public.

Stantron

Old, but someone made a replica of the Claymore that is 3D printable.
Link

MEShotgunAssembly_display_large.jpg

MEClaymore_preview_featured.jpg

edit:Mass Effect M3 Predator Pistol too.

Anyone still play this? I got two codes that give you stuff, that I thought I'd use. But I never got around to play it again...

If anyone wants them quote this post and tell me your favorite race! First two people that tell me this get one code each.

exYle

Anyone still play this? I got two codes that give you stuff, that I thought I'd use. But I never got around to play it again...

If anyone wants them quote this post and tell me your favorite race! First two people that tell me this get one code each.

Favorite race is easily the Drell. I wish there were more of them.

What do I get

my favourite race is Asian! what do I get?

Chocobro

What do those codes give anyway? I don't recall there being some kind of code thing for the multiplayer.

And I somehow misread Asian as Asari, I don't even lol.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I started playing a bit just to get the EMS up in my single player game, and found it's not a terrible game. What do most people do as far as buying packs for gear? I started trying to just keep saving up for PSPs, but that seems to take too long, and I ended up still stuck with my starter weapons and no mods, so I tried some of the smaller packs, and that seems to be giving me some slightly better stuff. Playing as a Volus is amusing, but somewhat difficult.

I started playing a bit just to get the EMS up in my single player game, and found it's not a terrible game. What do most people do as far as buying packs for gear? I started trying to just keep saving up for PSPs, but that seems to take too long, and I ended up still stuck with my starter weapons and no mods, so I tried some of the smaller packs, and that seems to be giving me some slightly better stuff. Playing as a Volus is amusing, but somewhat difficult.

Its been covered a lot but go in order until you max out each one - Recruit > veteran > Spectre then either PSP/Arsenal/Character one.

Start on bronze, silver - i would only attempt gold when you have maxed out a few gold weapons and your other mods as well - I wouldnt go to gold until you are at least N7 200 by rule of thumb (you will get slaughtered otherwise)

I find cerberus to be the easiest class - dont bother with Collectors until you are really badass as they are by far the most difficult class.

Until you have some nice weapons go a powers based class like an asari Adept or something like this.

The game is excellent as a multiplayer, but i think (unfortunately) you are getting into it a bit late. The community has died down a fair bit.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How do you know when you've maxed out each one?

You can check how far you are into unlocks through the multiplayer manifest on Bioware website. I can't link at work, but i think you can easily find it through Google. But guns max at rank X, mods/gear at rank V and each characters have about 4 or 5 appearances options to unlock.

DarthWoo

Thanks. I've got a ways to go. It's kind of annoying though, for some reason it takes two minutes or sometimes longer to actually get the pack purchase to go through. Now multiply that by three recruit packs after each round. :(

Also I'm trying out the Turian Cabal Vanguard, but unfortunately it seems his primary power causes some amazingly disruptive lag, causing me to rubberband between my starting and stopping points repeatedly for several seconds.

Thanks. I've got a ways to go. It's kind of annoying though, for some reason it takes two minutes or sometimes longer to actually get the pack purchase to go through. Now multiply that by three recruit packs after each round. :(

Also I'm trying out the Turian Cabal Vanguard, but unfortunately it seems his primary power causes some amazingly disruptive lag, causing me to rubberband between my starting and stopping points repeatedly for several seconds.

Is your connection bad? either that or try hosting a match. The Cabal vanguard is TERRIBLE btw. If you want a good "beginner" character use the human male/female vanguard.

Max out all powers but dont use the shock wave - Biotic charge specced for shield regen and nova split for half blast. Nova > Nova > Charge - rinse and repeat. You dont really need a weapon on bronze for that one.

My best characters are:

Alliance Infiltration Unit
Geth Trooper (Soldier)
Geth Engineer
Demolisher
Geth Infiltrator
Turian Infiltrator - the assault rifle bonus one.

Omega

Banned

which system do you play on? if you play on PC I'll play some gold/plat with you and help you get credits faster.

Cabal is a female. She's also not terrible, but she's not good either. She's a soldier that's misplaced under Vanguard because BioWare is dumb and decides trying to balance out the characters for each class is better than putting characters where they belong. If you play her like a soldier and use Poison Strike as a means to retreat she's serviceable.

which system do you play on? if you play on PC I'll play some gold/plat with you and help you get credits faster.

Cabal is a female. She's also not terrible, but she's not good either. She's a soldier that's misplaced under Vanguard because BioWare is dumb and decides trying to balance out the characters for each class is better than putting characters where they belong. If you play her like a soldier and use Poison Strike as a means to retreat she's serviceable.

he just started man. he won't be able to handle gold let alone platinum this early on.

Omega

Banned
he just started man. he won't be able to handle gold let alone platinum this early on.

he's not gonna learn anything using basic weapons. my goal was to get him better weapons/equipment that actually do damage instead of just tickling enemies on bronze

playing on bronze/silver doesn't improve your game at all and it's just a waste of time, especially a year and a half into the games life.

DarthWoo

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not really on so much. I'm just putzing around when I get the chance. As for my preferred character at the moment, I mostly use the Asari Vanguard.

I do sort of wonder if they'll make any concessions for people who come into the single player game even later if the multiplayer is completely dead by then, and they don't want to have to use guides to be able to bump their EMS to the best ending.

DarthWoo

Most annoying, I have so many common mods left to go, but recruit pack after recruit pack keeps giving me the same character card over and over.

Chocobro

Most annoying, I have so many common mods left to go, but recruit pack after recruit pack keeps giving me the same character card over and over.

Those character cards are just experience points for the respective class; if you want new characters, it'll be best to get higher tier packs such as Veteran Pack. Just bear with the Recruit Pack spamming until you max out the common stuff because you'll be better off in the future as you would have created a foundation of equipment/consumables for yourself.

Edit: Still waiting for the ME3 DLC to go on sale for the 360... I want to do my ME series insanity run before classes start in September :(

Onikaan

Just got back into playing this recently.

It's a familiar feeling... one I used to get when I'd play WoW after a 6 month hiatus. I feel totally underpowered and quite frankly it's embarrassing. My Drell Vanguard is extremely squishy and definitely no good on Gold (haven't even tried platinum). A few guys carried me through a Gold match, felt like I couldn't do anything.

So I need some quality advice.

Should I buy some Packs and try to bring my arsenal up to date? My weapons are terrible.

Also, I like to play Sniper and Shotgun. What class caters to my need?

Thanks!

P.S - Premium Spectre or Arsenal/Reserves?

Mindlog

Just got back into playing this recently.

It's a familiar feeling... one I used to get when I'd play WoW after a 6 month hiatus. I feel totally underpowered and quite frankly it's embarrassing. My Drell Vanguard is extremely squishy and definitely no good on Gold (haven't even tried platinum). A few guys carried me through a Gold match, felt like I couldn't do anything.

So I need some quality advice.

Should I buy some Packs and try to bring my arsenal up to date? My weapons are terrible.

Also, I like to play Sniper and Shotgun. What class caters to my need?

Thanks!

P.S - Premium Spectre or Arsenal/Reserves?
Drell Vangaurd: A very powerful class, but yes also very squishy. As such best played only when hosting until you get the hang of it. *

Even if you buy a lot of packs most weapons and gear need to be leveled quite a bit before they become great. Amps and consumables are more important, IMO. Build those up and Gold becomes easier. *

Infiltrators and Soldiers are the best weapon classes. Infiltrators with sniper bonuses are particularly deadly. A Shotgun Human Infiltrator or Soldier can work wonders. Ice Blast can debuff from cloak and Adrenaline Rush reloads the heavier shotguns quickly. Power classes can also work with these weapons, but they need higher levels.*

PS - From the 99k tier, Reserves. They have a tiny boost to ultra-rares and you get new characters to play with. Arsenal Packs aren't bad either for when you want to take a flyer for a weapon unlock or upgrade. *

*There are many exceptions to everything. Almost all of the classes and weapons can shine when played 'correctly.' Only some of the starter weapons are truly terrible. They can still work on Gold, but their limited DPS slows down the match significantly.

Onikaan

Drell Vangaurd: A very powerful class, but yes also very squishy. As such best played only when hosting until you get the hang of it. *

Even if you buy a lot of packs most weapons and gear need to be leveled quite a bit before they become great. Amps and consumables are more important, IMO. Build those up and Gold becomes easier. *

Infiltrators and Soldiers are the best weapon classes. Infiltrators with sniper bonuses are particularly deadly. A Shotgun Human Infiltrator or Soldier can work wonders. Ice Blast can debuff from cloak and Adrenaline Rush reloads the heavier shotguns quickly. Power classes can also work with these weapons, but they need higher levels.*

PS - From the 99k tier, Reserves. They have a tiny boost to ultra-rares and you get new characters to play with. Arsenal Packs aren't bad either for when you want to take a flyer for a weapon unlock or upgrade. *

*There are many exceptions to everything. Almost all of the classes and weapons can shine when played 'correctly.' Only some of the starter weapons are truly terrible. They can still work on Gold, but their limited DPS slows down the match significantly.

Thanks!

Still not sure what to play. I've been trying everything.

These crap weapons are really holding me back.

EDIT: The visual feedback in this game needs some work. No idea where I'm being hit from.

KuroNeeko

Thanks!

Still not sure what to play. I've been trying everything.

These crap weapons are really holding me back.

EDIT: The visual feedback in this game needs some work. No idea where I'm being hit from.

Why should you have any idea where you're being hit from? Don't you think that was an intentional design decision?

Omega

Banned
Don't do it Mindlog, don't do itttt D:

I gave up on that few months ago and stopped playing. How's the MP population anyway?

about as big as any game 18 months after launch

There's still a dedicated fanbase but most have moved on shortly after Retaliation (I think that was the last DLC)

Mindlog

On 360 there are still a few players. A lot of newer players which is kind of weird.

Also: This.

Turns out it's a lot easier to get when you have millions in credits :] Just have to keep pressing A and doing something else while buying recruit packs.

On 360 there are still a few players. A lot of newer players which is kind of weird.

Also: This.

Turns out it's a lot easier to get when you have millions in credits :] Just have to keep pressing A and doing something else while buying recruit packs.
Ive run into lots of whiners lately (LOLOL he only has 10000 pts so far noob has no idea what hes doing etc) wholl bitch about anyone who doesnt play to max potential, but i doubt the game will ever die, its really popular.

That said, lots of newer people who has no idea wat theyre doing (but i take it as a challenge to man the fuck up and so everything as opposed to most of the current pop that just nasally whines incessantly)

Top Bottom