• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Mindlog

Ive run into lots of whiners lately (LOLOL he only has 10000 pts so far noob has no idea what hes doing etc) wholl bitch about anyone who doesnt play to max potential, but i doubt the game will ever die, its really popular.

That said, lots of newer people who has no idea wat theyre doing (but i take it as a challenge to man the fuck up and so everything as opposed to most of the current pop that just nasally whines incessantly)
Holy crap I thought I was the only one lol. I heard some weird stuff like:
Get out of my way! I can't see! - From a Geth Trooper
Why did you waste that missile! - After I get a kill streak as said by a Geth Trooper
Why are you using your medigel!- Someone else.

It's a lot of fun playing when you are trying to burn every consumable you have because, 'Why not?'

Other Random Musings:
When there are two other 'fun species' it is really hard to resist switching to that class. Ended up in a U/U/G with 4 Volus and it was incredibly entertaining. I will do U/U/P with 4 Voli before I stop playing. Volus Vanguard is a great class.

If anyone knows how to kit out a Fire Explosion soldier I could use some tips. I tried tweaking my Cryo Ammo soldier, but it wasn't all that successful.

oneils

Hi all.

I've been trying to link my PS 3 version of Mass Effect 3 to my EA account so that I can post my questions in the bioware social forums. I'm not having any luck, though.

So I thought I'd ask my questions here.

I'm playing as a human solider in multiplayer. I just spam concussive shot and grenade a lot. Problem is some players zoom across the map into the pack of mobs that I am hitting with my grenades.

Do my grenades hurt team mates? I can't seem to tell. No one has complained, yet. But I don't encounter a lot of people who have voice comm.

Subitai

I'm surprised someone remember that. :lol

I kinda miss playing ME3 multiplayer... but i'm way too busy right now with WoW 5.4, Rayman Legends, TV shows to watch and my new girlfriend. ;)

Grats on your new GF! Does she play anything with besides potentially WoW?

Before we move away from the friendly fire subject, can you shoot through squadmates? people often get in front of me (I think I'm a really bad offender of this as well) and I'm never sure if I should step to the side or just leave it

Chocobro

I'm surprised someone remember that. :lol

I kinda miss playing ME3 multiplayer... but i'm way too busy right now with WoW 5.4, Rayman Legends, TV shows to watch and my new girlfriend. ;)

Of course I would remember that! You were a frequent poster here. I remember your awesome Krogan air-drop when viewing the screenshots in reverse. I think you also got into a game where there were dragoons everywhere.

New girlfriend? Nice catch! :p I've been busy playing...no games haha. Last year of engineering at college and I joined FitGAF!

And UpperCaseN, I honestly don't remember. I tend to move away from my teammates and kill so I don't know if teammates absorb bullets.

Subitai

Before we move away from the friendly fire subject, can you shoot through squadmates? people often get in front of me (I think I'm a really bad offender of this as well) and I'm never sure if I should step to the side or just leave it
No, the friendly toon you shoot will usually yell a complaint even though you didn't do any damage.

I'd like to play more, but most of my guns suck and the upgrade system is bad.

you don't need guns brah use dem human adepts and vanguards until you get some guns

and if you don't spend all your money on the cheapest packs available until you run them dry (recruit then vet i think), you're gonna have a terrible time. biggest waste of time i had was when i started off and would buy spectres and premium spectres. you need to max out the 2 cheap packs first or its pointless.

I think I already did. I'm trying to get upgrades for the Phaeston, Eviscerator, and Collector Rifle, and I just kept getting nonsense like Avenger upgrades.

then you have not done that, the avenger is one of the first guns that will max out with the cheapest credit packs; if you purchase more expensive ones you're basically just wasting slots on it that you could've filled out with cheap packs. the collector rifle is really good, even at low levels. just don't let it run out, fire it in bursts so it doesn't ever overheat. the phaeston is one of my personal favorites for fun but it's a really weak pea shooter only good on turians.

if you link to your online n7 profile perhaps we can suggest some powerful combos for you to try out in the meantime if you'd like :). but yeah, if you purchase 99,000 credit packs, you might just get avenger unlocks in them, so it's just gonna spin your wheels until those commons get maxed

Omega

Banned
I think I already did. I'm trying to get upgrades for the Phaeston, Eviscerator, and Collector Rifle, and I just kept getting nonsense like Avenger upgrades.

Since you're new, best bet is to rely on the power classes or melee classes. The default Human Adept is one of the best characters in the game. Singularity everything. The Krogan Warlord/Vanguard for melee builds.

Guns are the most important part of this game and there's just not many characters to play without good ones.

even with a great manifest i still can't resist the human adept almost every time i boot up the game at least once or twice. hint: completely avoid the power/weapon class branch, get singularity, shockwave, and warp to max level, and pump up defense (you will need it on gold). just do biotic explosions on everything, and use shockwave to trigger them through walls when in danger. if you pump stats into weapons/power chain then you will sacrifice explosion power which is a bad idea. even with an empty manifest you can do very well on gold with that class. i never get tired of it

I'm not "new," though I don't have a ton of time put into it. I just haven't played in 4 months.
I already have the starting weapons maxed as far as I can tell. When I do buy more expensive boxes, I get the same crap over and over again. A Reserves gave me 3 upgrades for the standard human classes. Seriously? The upgrade system is just crap and gives you no control over what weapons you want to improve. I don't even know what boxes to get to upgrade the Eviscerator, and what are the chances of getting an upgrade for it? 1 in 20?

I do get tired of it, because Adept was the first class I played in ME3 and I already played through Insanity in ME2 with it, so I'm thoroughly bored of Singularity-Warp.

You can shoot throught, even some powers that dont requires a lockdown can pass throught them, except the godamn Geth shield that can block friendly fire.

Omega

Banned
I'm not "new," though I don't have a ton of time put into it. I just haven't played in 4 months.
I already have the starting weapons maxed as far as I can tell. When I do buy more expensive boxes, I get the same crap over and over again. A Reserves gave me 3 upgrades for the standard human classes. Seriously? The upgrade system is just crap and gives you no control over what weapons you want to improve. I don't even know what boxes to get to upgrade the Eviscerator, and what are the chances of getting an upgrade for it? 1 in 20?

I do get tired of it, because Adept was the first class I played in ME3 and I already played through Insanity in ME2 with it, so I'm thoroughly bored of Singularity-Warp.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean.

I put nearly 200 hours into the Xbox version, 800 on the PS3 version and when I built my PC a few months back I ended up playing it on here as well.

I feel bad because I cheated and gave myself 99 million credits. but on the otherhand I spent 30 million and still don't even all my gear bonuses maxed, and I only have 3 Ultra Rares.

It's ridiculous how much time they expect you to put into the game to fully experience it. Hopefully in the next ME they make it more player friendly. and if they're going to keep the whole awful microtransaction thing, let us buy what we want instead.

over the past few months I've gotten ~10 Premium Spectre Packs, you know... the ones with higher chance for Ultra Rares and not a single one. Tonight I buy 2 Arsenal packs and what do you know, I get a Scorpion I and a Geth Spitfire I. Looking to try out that Spitfire with my Geth Juggernaut but who knows when I'll be playing next

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah I know exactly what you mean.

I put nearly 200 hours into the Xbox version, 800 on the PS3 version and when I built my PC a few months back I ended up playing it on here as well.

I feel bad because I cheated and gave myself 99 million credits. but on the otherhand I spent 30 million and still don't even all my gear bonuses maxed, and I only have 3 Ultra Rares.

It's ridiculous how much time they expect you to put into the game to fully experience it. Hopefully in the next ME they make it more player friendly. and if they're going to keep the whole awful microtransaction thing, let us buy what we want instead.

Did you get banned for, you know, cheating to get 99 millions credits? I wouldn't risk my Origin account and losing access to all I did on ME3 just for that.

Mindlog

Yeah, let me know too. The main reason I never switched was because I had a ton of help getting my manifest on XBOX 360. At least half my total credit sum if not more. No way am I going to give my manifest up. ME3MP is great because I can play 20-40m and get one or two maps in. In Diablo 3 I was 30 levels behind before I started my second play session.

Live has been screwing up though. I couldn't get a quick game going and wanted to see if I remembered how to play as the Awakened Collector. Went solo U/U/G and drew Reapers on Ghost. The Collector Adept is extremely fun and powerful. I was ~25m in and closing out wave 10. Still had 3 medi-gel, 3 ops-packs and all my thermal clips.

"You have lost your connection with XBOX Live."

:\

Had a great pick up gold match tonight with 2 Juggernauts, a Krogan something, and me as a Turian Ghost. I felt like the small guy, ha! Came in 2nd place and we all just worked well together. I changed my AR from Adas Anti Synthetic 4 to M-7 Lancer 1 and it worked really well. The rate of fire worked well with my need to stop shooting for cloak > overload, so I never really had to worry about reloading. Incendiary rounds + Cerberus. I miss playing on a regular basis. Bought an Arsenal pack and got nothing good for me, bah

Mindlog

And while no one should be playing this anymore I'll say it anyway.

The Venom Shotgun is the single most underrated weapon in multiplayer.

And while no one should be playing this anymore I'll say it anyway.

The Venom Shotgun is the single most underrated weapon in multiplayer.

I still jump on at least once a week and seem to get into games pretty quickly. I'm guessing there's still a small but stable community of players.

the game is too popular to ever become unable to find a match imo. i need to hop on for a little bit tonight after i have some drinks. i changed my gamertag and want to be sure that my manifest and such didn't get blanked from it.

i don't even think i've gotten the venom shotgun yet...or the lancer...oh well i only played like 200 hours...

Aiustis

the game is too popular to ever become unable to find a match imo. i need to hop on for a little bit tonight after i have some drinks. i changed my gamertag and want to be sure that my manifest and such didn't get blanked from it.

i don't even think i've gotten the venom shotgun yet...or the lancer...oh well i only played like 200 hours...

I played 8hrs a day for about 10 months. Sadly I've still not got a few of the original vangards. And a number of weapons.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Grats on your new GF! Does she play anything with besides potentially WoW?

Kinda late on this... lol

But not really, she's a big fan of WoW and play this game a lot when she's at home(we now live together, that was fast, but we're made for each other!). Sometimes we play platform games like Mario or Rayman, but that's about it. And she sucks at playing games with any sort of shooting, so no ME3. :( Sure, she could just play a Krogan and smash everything with headbutts and punches, but whatever... i'm not sure she would enjoy it. :p

Ah man, now i feel like logging again and play with my Krogan Warlord to smash some Geths with his hammer.

Melchiah

are u on xbox? if so i can play anytime between 5pm and midnight EST. i'm tryin to play a few rounds tonight anyway.

Me? No, I'm on PS3. =)

I was surprised, that my skills hadn't rusted since the spring. On a side note, I still find it annoying, when some people who host the game take ages between the matches, doing something else probably, and then quit the game when the others have started the match without them. It shouldn't be that hard to join the matches later on, even if you have no consumables set on Silver level, or to leave the lobby if you're going to make yourself a sandwich.

Mindlog

Like I said. You shouldn't be playing this game. Especially if you've since bought other games and they are still sealed in boxes because you never had enough time to try them out.

But if you are.

N7 Day 2013 is Coming!

November 7th, 2012 marked the inaugural N7 Day — a day to join together as a community and celebrate the Mass Effect universe. Through the power of social media, we connected with over 12 million fans around the world and delivered a day’s worth of content and activities! With additional support from our family of partners, we were also able to offer some great deals on Mass Effect merchandise.

We are excited to announce that N7 Day will return in 2013, and here’s just a few of the activities we have planned for you:

N7 Day Pride: Mass Effect means different things to different people, but without question it ignites passion within our community and we love it! What does N7 pride mean to you? Do you have a favorite N7 hoodie or t-shirt? Do you have items in your collection signed by our team? Did you name your child Garrus and dress them in an N7 onesie? Did you take family photos dressed in N7 gear? Post your photos on Twitter, Vine, and Instagram using the hashtag #N7Day13.

N7 Day Fan Art Contest: Are you an artist? Submit your best creations to BioWare for a chance to have your work featured on an upcoming item at the BioWare Store. Starting N7 Day we will be selecting our favorite pieces to become part of the Mass Effect Collection. Stay tuned for more information on how you can participate.

Play Mass Effect 3 with BioWare: Fire up your Xbox 360 and play some Mass Effect 3 multiplayer with us! Hit the lobbies and be on the lookout for our BioWare banners. Members of the team will be logging on throughout the day, eager to blast through waves of baddies with you.

Child’s Play Charity Auction: The team has rummaged through the BioWare archives and unearthed some early concept art that pre-dates the original Mass Effect. These one of a kind pieces will be signed and contributed to Child’s Play for a charity auction along with some gear from the BioWare Store. Stay tuned for info on how you can help a great cause and get your hands on a unique piece of Mass Effect history.

N7 Day at BioWare: See how our team celebrates N7 Day at the studio with photos, blogs, and retrospectives from the Mass Effect team.

Mass Effect Risk First Reveal: We got our hands on the official Mass Effect Risk board game, courtesy of USAopoly, and we’re anxious to give it a whirl! Will we play peacefully or will tables get flipped? We’ll have a video team on hand to film our session and share the experience with you.

Minecraft: We’re anxious to see the Mass Effect inspired creations PC and Xbox 360 players have been working on. Get your submissions ready!

Extra Life Mass Effect Marathon: Play Games. Heal Kids. The Extra Life campaign, benefitting the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, is holding its annual gaming marathon on November 2nd. This year players will participate for 25 hours in support of local hospitals. Make sure you tune in and support your Mass Effect Marathon participants!

N7 Day Deals on Mass Effect Gear: Several of our partners are celebrating N7 Day by passing along savings to you on select items. We might even see the debut of a new item or two in the days leading up to N7 Day! Stay tuned for more information.

Remember to mark November 7th on your calendars and come take part in N7 Day festivities with us! On behalf of the team here at BioWare, we sincerely thank you for your continued support and for keeping the Mass Effect community thriving.
I'll be using a Venom. Venom is a great gun.

Melchiah

Like I said. You shouldn't be playing this game. Especially if you've since bought other games and they are still sealed in boxes because you never had enough time to try them out.

But if you are.

Play Mass Effect 3 with BioWare: Fire up your Xbox 360 and play some Mass Effect 3 multiplayer with us! Hit the lobbies and be on the lookout for our BioWare banners. Members of the team will be logging on throughout the day, eager to blast through waves of baddies with you.

I have only a few games in my backlog right now, none of them sealed, if PS+ games aren't counted, so that's not a concern.

No love for PS3 and PC fanbases from Bioware it seems.

I ran across a player last night using the Venom for three matches in a row and thought about this post. I think its a pretty good gun, though mines at lvl 1 so I haven't really given it much of a chance outside of trying it out on a bronze match or two.

Subitai

Kinda late on this... lol

But not really, she's a big fan of WoW and play this game a lot when she's at home(we now live together, that was fast, but we're made for each other!). Sometimes we play platform games like Mario or Rayman, but that's about it. And she sucks at playing games with any sort of shooting, so no ME3. :( Sure, she could just play a Krogan and smash everything with headbutts and punches, but whatever... i'm not sure she would enjoy it. :p

Ah man, now i feel like logging again and play with my Krogan Warlord to smash some Geths with his hammer.
The thing about ME is you can pwn stuff w/ out much shooting =)

Not just explosions and spray damage, but like she could rawk the N7 Shadow with the melee teleports.

Anyway, lets hope for DA3 multiplayer!

Mindlog

I ran across a player last night using the Venom for three matches in a row and thought about this post. I think its a pretty good gun, though mines at lvl 1 so I haven't really given it much of a chance outside of trying it out on a bronze match or two.
It's so hot right now.

About to get on for my last marathon of ME3 MP.
6 maps.
Let's go.

Anyone still play on PS3? I never got into the multiplayer when it released but decided to give it a go and am now hooked... I'm super low level currently...

Effect

PC/Origin ID = NeoStar9X

So I finally picked this up. Went with the Mass Effect Trilogy (PC-Digital) on Amazon.com. They had it for $9.99. In fact as of right now it's still priced that. I do wish I had the Wii U version for my collection but the lack of players is a concern. I might grab it if I can come across a used copy for 10 dollars or something or if i have money to burn just to have it when I don't fee like turning on my PC.

So I installed ME3 and went directly to the multiplayer. I'll finish downloading ME1 and 2 tonight as I want to have the saves carry over. Should be easy to breeze through ME1 since I've played that a few times. ME2 I haven't played even though I found a copy on the 360 for $10 a few years. Just never bothered to open it as I got really into playing Wii games. I didn't expect to feel so weak playing right away though. I knew I had to level up but still. So the first match I did on Bronze I was level 1 while others were 10 to 15. We died on wave 10. I went down a few times as well. Not knowing the layouts, etc.

Interesting learning experience. The next two matches were significantly better. Had enough credits to buy a few packs and got a few items, mods, and some new weapons (one was an uncommon Phaeston I assault rifle and the other was a ultra rare N7 Eagle 1 pistol). Switched from a Solider to a Engineer after a little bit. I did unlock a Turian Sentinel and a Drell Vanguard. So will give those a try and see how they feel. Getting used to the controls helped. Was so used to playing Mass Effect with a Xbox 360 controller.

At what point should you move from Bronze to Silver and from Silver to later levels? Character levels? Just when you feel you need more of a challenge? Does difficulty scale depending on the level ranges of characters in the group regardless of the type of match searched?

I do have to say from the few matches I did play I was enjoy myself. I had a feeling I would. I've come to feel this type of multiplayer is more my style (ala Extinction in CoD: Ghost or solo in Metroid Blast in Nintendo Land)I don't mind playing against other players. I'm even decent at it. However this is isn't as stressful and just simply more fun. So at the moment if ME4 has this as apart of it I'll be there day one and will likely be one more game to push me to getting a PS4 or XBO depending on player population.

So far I didn't have any trouble getting matches last night. What the population was like on the PC side of things had worried me. Especially on the Bronze level. I figured if there were people playing they'd all be much higher. I wish there was text chat though.

PC/Origin ID = NeoStar9X

So I finally picked this up. Went with the Mass Effect Trilogy (PC-Digital) on Amazon.com. They had it for $9.99. In fact as of right now it's still priced that. I do wish I had the Wii U version for my collection but the lack of players is a concern. I might grab it if I can come across a used copy for 10 dollars or something or if i have money to burn just to have it when I don't fee like turning on my PC.

So I installed ME3 and went directly to the multiplayer. I'll finish downloading ME1 and 2 tonight as I want to have the saves carry over. Should be easy to breeze through ME1 since I've played that a few times. ME2 I haven't played even though I found a copy on the 360 for $10 a few years. Just never bothered to open it as I got really into playing Wii games. I didn't expect to feel so weak playing right away though. I knew I had to level up but still. So the first match I did on Bronze I was level 1 while others were 10 to 15. We died on wave 10. I went down a few times as well. Not knowing the layouts, etc.

Interesting learning experience. The next two matches were significantly better. Had enough credits to buy a few packs and got a few items, mods, and some new weapons (one was an uncommon Phaeston I assault rifle and the other was a ultra rare N7 Eagle 1 pistol). Switched from a Solider to a Engineer after a little bit. I did unlock a Turian Sentinel and a Drell Vanguard. So will give those a try and see how they feel. Getting used to the controls helped. Was so used to playing Mass Effect with a Xbox 360 controller.

At what point should you move from Bronze to Silver and from Silver to later levels? Character levels? Just when you feel you need more of a challenge? Does difficulty scale depending on the level ranges of characters in the group regardless of the type of match searched?

I do have to say from the few matches I did play I was enjoy myself. I had a feeling I would. I've come to feel this type of multiplayer is more my style (ala Extinction in CoD: Ghost or solo in Metroid Blast in Nintendo Land)I don't mind playing against other players. I'm even decent at it. However this is isn't as stressful and just simply more fun. So at the moment if ME4 has this as apart of it I'll be there day one and will likely be one more game to push me to getting a PS4 or XBO depending on player population.

So far I didn't have any trouble getting matches last night. What the population was like on the PC side of things had worried me. Especially on the Bronze level. I figured if there were people playing they'd all be much higher. I wish there was text chat though.

Couple of great questions. I used to be a big time regular on this thread and the multiplayer - hopefully I can help out. I couldn't resist opening the thread when I saw it revived.

The Eagle is not the greatest weapon in the game, but it is decent after they buffed it. Use it over the Phaeston - less recoil, so more shots will hit - but you will need to unlock a better weapon. Most of the Ultra rares are great weapons, and not all classes are created equally. The best weapons in the game depend on the class you're using, but for pistols, the Carinfex is reasonable, but I love the scorpion; assault rifles I like the Harrier, and the rest you can read up on :) Also, get the know the god-tier classes. They usually have lower HP, and require lots of cover dodging, but the pay-off is tons of damage, and quick ranking up - some of the easier to use god-tier classes are Geth Soldier (flame on!), Geth Infiltrator (Cloak, Prox Mine), Quarian Infiltrator, N7 Destroyer, and the N7 Engineer who has all different types of grenades (forgot her class name). Most of the starter classes aren't great at all.

As for difficulty, get a few completions of bronze in. That should get you to level 10-13, and you should be reasonably comfortable with your character. Once you start getting better gear, silver should be able to be accomplished, but it is more difficult so expect to fail a few times. Gold comes when you have a good squad and some of the higher damage weapons and high tier classes ranked up. Platinum is incredibly tough unless you know the spawns and the maps very well. In the beginning I was comfortable around 2 games of gold, the rest silver, and then it went 3-5 games of platinum and gold to relax by the end of my run.

I almost envy you - you have the entire multiplayer progression to go. It is a grind, but a REALLY rewarding and fun grind.

Chocobro

You move up when you feel Bronze is too easy and want more credits to buy more expensive packs; similarly when you want to move from Silver to Gold. Just keep in mind your guns have to be strong enough to handle the higher difficulty. Higher character level will not balance out the weak weapons if you want to move up in difficulty. Sure you can play if you want more of a challenge but you need to keep in mind the level of frustration goes up, at least for me.
Bronze gives ~15K credits, Silver gives ~33K credits, Gold gives ~78K credits, Platinum gives ~150K credits.

Difficulty doesn't scale at all. Bronze with 3 other players will be the same as playing Bronze solo; similarly for other difficulties.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
You move up when you feel Bronze is too easy and want more credits to buy more expensive packs; similarly when you want to move from Silver to Gold. Just keep in mind your guns have to be strong enough to handle the higher difficulty. Higher character level will not balance out the weak weapons if you want to move up in difficulty. Sure you can play if you want more of a challenge but you need to keep in mind the level of frustration goes up, at least for me.
Bronze gives ~15K credits, Silver gives ~33K credits, Gold gives ~78K credits, Platinum gives ~150K credits.

Difficulty doesn't scale at all. Bronze with 3 other players will be the same as playing Bronze solo; similarly for other difficulties.

You don't need those guns, if your guns aren't up to par focus on ability heavy classes, once you've properly figured out what your doing, you can still get decent score and aid your party a fair bit with having near X rank weapons mods etc.

Chocobro

You don't need those guns, if your guns aren't up to par focus on ability heavy classes, once you've properly figured out what your doing, you can still get decent score and aid your party a fair bit with having near X rank weapons mods etc.

That's true, I do understand where you are coming from. I was saying it more generally, you don't want to bring a very low rank uncommon gun to a silver or gold game and expect to do very well in relation to the other players. I took a peak at his manifest and the highest level classes are his soldier at level 11 and sentinel class at level 9. The former is more weapon-heavy than the latter, which is also why I said what I said. But yes, he can use a power-heavy class to minimize the need for higher ranked weapons.
My post is based on assumptions made by looking at his manifest if it makes a difference.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
That's true, I do understand where you are coming from. I was saying it more generally, you don't want to bring a very low rank uncommon gun to a silver or gold game and expect to do very well in relation to the other players. I took a peak at his manifest and the highest level classes are his soldier at level 11 and sentinel class at level 9. The former is more weapon-heavy than the latter, which is also why I said what I said. But yes, he can use a power-heavy class to minimize the need for higher ranked weapons.
My post is based on assumptions made by looking at his manifest if it makes a difference.

Fair, enough, completely forgot about stuff like that. Most because people tended to either not bother promoting, since they don't care about the achievements ranks etc, or promoted constantly so their levels are generally in flux, but if your very new I imagine those levels would actually matter.

TBF the one thing about this games multiplayer is it's very obvious when a difficulty setting is not suited to you, since you'll basically end up watching other people play the game. You'll either choose to soldier through head down to a more appropriate difficulty level.

I wonder how active the multiplayer is PC still. It was surprising active when I was playing despite the devs had long since dropped support it probably the multi is so addicting., and there's a fair bit of content to it.

Seeing this topic makes me want to go back to the ME3 Multiplayer.

I do agree with you. Also, I think that a new player into the MP should learn some basics before thinking to jump to a higher difficulty setting, like maps layout, the spawn points and get used to the different factions (for me, Reapers is the easiest faction).

If he use the Bronze difficulty to learn some of the bascis, then he will evolve faster and will have less chances of getting frustrated. And he can use the Bronze to try different classes or builds.

After that, I would say that playing Bronze till level 9 and Silver till level 15 is enough to go to Gold.

TBF the one thing about this games multiplayer is it's very obvious when a difficulty setting is not suited to you, since you'll basically end up watching other people play the game.

Some do that on purpose...which is annoying.

Top Bottom