• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

You'll lose some of your crewmates, but no squad members. Send someone loyal (preferably Mordin or Jacob) with Chakwas and they should both be fine, too. Send a loyal Tali/Legion into the vents, pick a loyal Garrus or Miranda as squad leader both times, and be sure to leave two of Garrus, Grunt and Zaeed behind when they're 'holding the line'. That way, you should get 'em all out fine.

Except, of course, if they're not loyal. Chances are someone will still die then.

Zaeed is not loyal. I have no idea why, i did all his missions. But he didn't die the the first time through.

Miranda is not loyal because i took jacks side when she was arguing with her. Thats why tali still dies.

Is there a way to gain her loyalty again?

Edit- Maby i can choose Garrus instead?
If you took the path to save the workers over killing Vido, you didn't give him what he wants.
Yep. I saved the workers. Oh, well.

Sai

Is there a way to gain her loyalty again?
You can speak to her again afterwards, and with another Paragon dialogue option(not as high, you might be able to use it), convince her that you were just trying to shut Jack up, basically.

You lose out on any chance of a romantic relationship with her though.

Yep. I saved the workers. Oh, well.
You can still gain his loyalty if your Paragon score is high enough. I'm guessing it wasn't, based on your outcome of Miranda and Jack's conflict.

Why does it take a mathematical formula to keep your team alive in mass effect 2?

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/105/index/5855452

I just beat it last night and half my team died. Garrus, that doctor, and thane. Is it worth playing the last mission over to save everyone? Does my actions carry over to ME3?

Depending on your class, Garrus can be a pretty important squadmate in ME3 because for the majority of ME3, he's the only squadmate who is durable and has the ability to deal with enemy shields so it might be worthwhile to save him from a pure power gaming standpoint. Roleplaying wise, Garrus is one of the best characters in the entire series IMO so I would save him every time.

Every squadmate that was introduced in Mass Effect 2 is relegated to a minor cameo in Mass Effect 3 so you can let them live and die at your own discretion. The one exception is Mordin but the NPC that replaces him is actually interesting on his own. If Thane died in Mass Effect 2, you'll be saved from watching one of the most illogical cut scene (next to the ending) in Mass Effect 3.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If you took the path to save the workers over killing Vido, you didn't give him what he wants.

You can still get Zaeed loyalty AND save the workers. But you need good Paragon points so you can tell him to shut the fuck up and deal with it.

edit: hours late. I'm stupid.

Every squadmate that was introduced in Mass Effect 2 is relegated to a minor cameo in Mass Effect 3 so you can let them live and die at your own discretion. The one exception is Mordin but the NPC that replaces him is actually interesting on his own. If Thane died in Mass Effect 2, you'll be saved from watching one of the most illogical cut scene (next to the ending) in Mass Effect 3.

What cutscene replaces that one you're talking about? The one with Thane.

Why does it take a mathematical formula to keep your team alive in mass effect 2?

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/105/index/5855452

I just beat it last night and half my team died. Garrus, that doctor, and thane. Is it worth playing the last mission over to save everyone? Does my actions carry over to ME3?

Save all teams mates at all cost,even the dlc squde mates n ppl(project overload for exmaple) add to your readiness score in me3.

some teammates allow you make choices in the story,which is other wise blocked and can cause a huge damage to your rediness score.
won't spoil who does what but ya keep them alive.

you can gain both miranda's n jack's loyalty .
chk gamefaq or ign walkthru to find out the steps that need to be done.
i think u need to do miranda's loyalty first,then jacks and then break thier fight using a trigger event.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Guys, a question for the Xbox360 version.

Is there any *way* of erasing list of imported characters from the mass effect importer? For example ME2 importers recognizes a bunch of characters I don't intend to play anymore when scanning for imports from ME1. I want to delete them to avoid cluttering.

Deleting the files from HDD does not help.

Sai

Guys, a question for the Xbox360 version.

Is there any *way* of erasing list of imported characters from the mass effect importer? For example ME2 importers recognizes a bunch of characters I don't intend to play anymore when scanning for imports from ME1. I want to delete them to avoid cluttering.

Deleting the files from HDD does not help.
How to Erase ME1 Career Completion Saves (XBox 360)

Need to get around to doing that myself, actually. >_>

Sai

So, I decided to try out Shepard as a Vanguard. Didn't like it as much as everybody else in ME2, but ME3's multiplayer made me warm up to it quite a bit. All the biotic explosions you can zip around the battlefield detonating with Charge 'n Nova... It's delicious~

Extra awesome with Javik's Dark Channel. Detonate the first guy with Charge, the next guy the effect transfers too with Nova... XD

Edited an imported save to switch my Virmire survivor to Kaiden—who has been as dull as a 2x4 thus far—and my romantic interest to Liara. Just wanted to see what Kaiden had to offer, and unlock his bonus powers the normal way.

I am at 5908 war assets. Assuming my Galactic readiness is 100%, am I set for the best ending? I'm basically asking if I can skip all the stupid fetch quests from this point forward witout negative consequences. I just finished
priority rannoch

Mitsurux

I remember reading in a thread (not sure if it was this ME3 one or another one) about some people complaining that the game (360 version) would freeze at the title screen while the game was going the various checks (Save game, download content, etc.) was there ever a resolution or explanation as to what was causing it.

As just last night my game is now experiencing this issue as well.

Mind you the system is not frozen, guide button works etc. But the game hangs at "Checking dowladable content", the various options like resume game, load ect. are visibile but you cannon select them or move the slection line down.

Already cleared the cache, but had no effect...

I am at 5908 war assets. Assuming my Galactic readiness is 100%, am I set for the best ending? I'm basically asking if I can skip all the stupid fetch quests from this point forward witout negative consequences. I just finished
priority rannoch

Yeah. Just keep that galactic readiness at 100% and you'll be fine.

You'll weep bitter tears of blood, but you'll be fine.

Just finished the Missing Scouts mission. :0

Loved the whole vibe of the mission and I *almost* let some big man tears loose when I thought Grunt was a goner.

Wasn't feeling it before, but now the game just got gud. Hopefully the missions just get better.

Just finished the Missing Scouts mission. :0

Loved the whole vibe of the mission and I *almost* let some big man tears loose when I thought Grunt was a goner.

Wasn't feeling it before, but now the game just got gud. Hopefully the missions just get better.

plenty of good moments there,as for the ending will leave u to decide it.

Mitsurux

Furhter info regarding my ME3 game issue:

If i use a Non-Live gamer tag/profile... there is no problem

If i Unhook my 360 from the internet and sign in with my Live profile.... there is no problem.

Turned the in game setting to no auto login but had no effect.

I went to the bioware baords.. and people were experienceing "Black sreeen" and "Unable to login to EA server" errors... but only say a few with the issue i had...

Odd really

rozay

Banned
I remember reading in a thread (not sure if it was this ME3 one or another one) about some people complaining that the game (360 version) would freeze at the title screen while the game was going the various checks (Save game, download content, etc.) was there ever a resolution or explanation as to what was causing it.

As just last night my game is now experiencing this issue as well.

Mind you the system is not frozen, guide button works etc. But the game hangs at "Checking dowladable content", the various options like resume game, load ect. are visibile but you cannon select them or move the slection line down.

Already cleared the cache, but had no effect...
The issue most people had was different, the xbox actually hard locked and even the guide didn't work.

Do you have the N7 Warfare pack DLC by any chance?

Mitsurux

The issue most people had was different, the xbox actually hard locked and even the guide didn't work.

Do you have the N7 Warfare pack DLC by any chance?

No i don't, I never activated the games online pass with Origin/EA, just playing single player.

I have the "From Ashes" DLC, and a Gun DLC bonus item

(the 4mb title update etc.)

popeutlal

I can't import the ME2 save, I get this:

fwAuE.jpg

Here's the finished ME2 save

zDmpw.jpg

Any ideas?

Your save file could be corrupt. I've had a few corrupt saves too, but nothing that prevented importing. You could try creating a new save file at another point or beating the game again at the save point before the final mission and seeing if that works.

Finally beat ME1, starting ME2 now. I kinda miss the Mako sections and the exploring the environments. Sure the Mako controlled like shit and the bases were repetitive, but some of the planets were downright pretty and they really gave you an alone, desolate feel. The weapon customization was cool as well. ME2 feels a lot more straight forward. I don't get that same space exploration, role playing feeling.

popeutlal

That was my first thought of doing that, but I can't find the damn ME 2 disks....every other 360, PS3 and Wii game is on the house, except for ME 2. Sigh.

Geoff9920

I completed ME2 a while ago, but I never played through any of the DLC. Since then I purchased the DLC during various half price sales and I'm currently playing through the extra content prior to starting ME3. Do I have to play through the collector mission again to get credit for the choices I make during the DLC missions or will ME3 just grab all the info from my most recent saves?

Arjen

I completed ME2 a while ago, but I never played through any of the DLC. Since then I purchased the DLC during various half price sales and I'm currently playing through the extra content prior to starting ME3. Do I have to play through the collector mission again to get credit for the choices I make during the DLC missions or will ME3 just grab all the info from my most recent saves?

If you do the DLC with a character who did the collector mission already, you can do al the dlc after the endgame and ME3 wil recognize the choices you made in them if you import the last save.

NinjaBoiX

So I've just finished my ME 1 run, and have a quick question about the save. I assumed you'd have a "game complete" save, but my save is just before the final fight. All decisions have been made by that point, but I skipped the credits and want to make sure I didn't skip the final save too. I just want to make sure that ME 2 will recognise the save. So, before I delete the install, is my save the way it should be?

Solo

Just beat it. I absolutely loved it. Everything ME2 should have been. In fact, ME3 basically finished the job of pushing that one six feet under into a grave of irrelevancy. And I didn't have a problem with the much maligned ending. I chose the Anderson influenced ending. ME1 is still by far the king though.

Geoff9920

Switched my character from a Sentinel in ME2 to a Vanguard for ME3. What a huge change! :O Being level 29 going in gave me a bunch of skill points to spend and I ended up maxing out Charge. Recharging my shields on every successful hit is nuts. I never stop moving!

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Hey guys, quick question....

I assaulted the illusive man's base, and my EMR was over 5000.
got the Master & Commander achievement.

Then I didn't play for over a week.

So, since my readiness dropped significantly, it's now barely over 4000. Ugh. Sucks. I didn't think of that.

So now I'm on the final mission (just finished illusive man's base). Do I need to seriously increase my readiness to get EMR over 5000 again? Or am I good/locked into the best ending since I had over 5000 before I started the illusive man?

How annoying. Not sure how this works.

Hey guys, quick question....

I assaulted the illusive man's base, and my EMR was over 5000.
got the Master & Commander achievement.

Then I didn't play for over a week.

So, since my readiness dropped significantly, it's now barely over 4000. Ugh. Sucks. I didn't think of that.

So now I'm on the final mission (just finished illusive man's base). Do I need to seriously increase my readiness to get EMR over 5000 again? Or am I good/locked into the best ending since I had over 5000 before I started the illusive man?

How annoying. Not sure how this works.

if your EMS is 4k + u r good to go.
also remember 1 thing.if u plan to stay away from mp for sometime.
just start me3 in offline mode with no net connection,you galatic rediness will remain constant,it is only updated if you go online.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
if your EMS is 4k + u r good to go.
also remember 1 thing.if u plan to stay away from mp for sometime.
just start me3 in offline mode with no net connection,you galatic rediness will remain constant,it is only updated if you go online.

oh I thought you had to be over 5000 to get the perfect ending?
I just wasnt sure when that score "mattered" or locked in you, before you assault IM base or after

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It's important to note that having over 4000 EMS is only required for ONE of the ending, and it only adds one extra ~15 seconds scene. I don't think its really worth it and you have to know which ending to pick before that if you're even interested in seeing it, you could end up picking an ending where 4000 EMS is not even required without knowing it.

Salsa

Finished. Didnt know what the hell everyone was talking about the ending, was really enjoying it and then.. yeah..

:/

Top Bottom