• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda coming March 21st, 2017 (US) / March 23rd (EU)

YES!

March is gonna be madness though. I guess I'll go with the combo Mass Effect + Switch with Zelda. Horizon and Nier will have to wait... maybe... I don't know...

Oh wallet, don't look at me like that.

Lucifon

Wow I was almost certain it was going to get delayed.

Please please bioware give some kind of cross platform save transfer system. I want to play the series on the Scorpio but the pro version makes the most sense for March...

0Ed3xCu.gif

SRTtoZ

Hyped but we've seen surprisingly little so far and hope they tune up the animations. It's almost time to replay 1-3 before this comes out like I did Dragon Age.

Isnt there a new gameplay trailer coming today too?

YES SIR!!! SURE IS!!! Nvidia is going to show gameplay video of Mass Effect Andromeda to show off some new tech for Nvidia cards using that game as an example from what I understand. The Conference is happening @ CES and it starts at 6:30 pm Pacific Standard Time.

JJShadow

Nice! I missed Mass Effect last gen, but I'm definitely in for this one. Is ME Andromeda a direct sequel to ME 3 plot-wise or will I understand the story without having played the previous installments? I'd really like to play them before Andromeda hits, but I'm afraid I won't have time with so many games coming out these months

Ploid 3.0

it works with origin?

also with little doubt the first me with official gamepad support for pc couch gamer

We VPN'd Dragon Age Inquisition launch and a reduced price iirc. I remember watching a Korean countdown to unlock the game.

Also since getting the steam controller, I've been game padding everything. I'm sure they will have gamepad support officially though. Dragon Age Inquisition wouldn't have had it if they were planning to stick to the no gamepad rule. Mass Effect makes more sense to add the gamepad support to it than DA did (before they went full ARPG mode I guess).

Here's a huge chart of it all:
http://i.imgur.com/zHUVg9 MG]

If ME:A is anything like ME2-3, the preorder DLC is all stuff you can unlock with a save editor.[/QUOTE]

I actually preordered Dragon Age inquisition from the wrong online store (that didn't have certain armor craft things), and I was slightly sad about it. However, long after, I ended up getting the GOTY edition with everything for just $20. I think I'll do the same this time. Play the game, multiple times with different builds, then get a big injection of content with the Deluxe Edition on a sale.

Xevren

Super excited! Hope the multiplayer is as fun as it was in 3. Looking forward to playing with some gaf people like before.

Hyped!!!

That March lineup has my wallet crying though. I want to get a switch with zelda but now Andromeda alongside Horizon, Nier, and Ghost Recon ? I am going to have to hold off on some of these games now.

renzolama

He didn't answer my most important question. Can I re-sex Miranda or what. I need to know that The Witcher 3 will finally have some real competition for the coveted most awkward video game sex award.

Anything's possible but I wouldn't count on it. EA waited this long to be absolutely sure.

That's my thinking too, just feels like we barely know anything about the game yet.

Don't get me wrong, that's a good thing IMO, just really not used to this style of marketing and release for a big AAA franchise

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Nice! I missed Mass Effect last gen, but I'm definitely in for this one. Is ME Andromeda a direct sequel to ME 3 plot-wise or will I understand the story without having played the previous installments? I'd really like to play them before Andromeda hits, but I'm afraid I won't have time with so many games coming out these months

Playing previous games isn't necessary. It's not a direct sequel to ME3. It's happening in another galaxy. So it will be pretty safe for newcomers.

_woLf

So...does the PC version not get a deluxe edition?

Amazon nor Best Buy have it on PC, just consoles.

:|

kennyamr

I think they chose a bad date.
I wanted to buy it on release date but there is just so much to play during March and April already. We'll see.

Kaizer

Banned
Fuuuuuck that's too soon. Was honestly hoping & expecting a delay to this Fall - date is too close to Persona 5 for me.

Freeman76

AWESOME. Can't wait. Fucking sucks that there's a 2 day delay between the US and the rest of the world though. Why does this bullshit still happen?

Im glad that in the uk most online retailers deliver a day or two early as it makes this a non issue.

That's my thinking too, just feels like we barely know anything about the game yet.

Don't get me wrong, that's a good thing IMO, just really not used to this style of marketing and release for a big AAA franchise
Understandable.

Marketing will ramp up end of this month/early February. Mock reviews also happening in a few weeks.

chaislip3

Awesome. I always wanted it to be March, but I was getting a feeling that it'd slip to May or June. Cannot wait for this.

Top Bottom