• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda coming March 21st, 2017 (US) / March 23rd (EU)

Urishizu

My wife and I very much want this game. I'm going to go foolishly pre-order the digital version. But I am safely in the "There is going to be a last minute delay" camp. I do not believe them.

Shoeless

If they actually manage to hit their release date with no delay, I'd say this is a very good marketing/release window. Drop the bomb of a nearby release date, make everyone freak out in a good way about how that's not very far off, build up hype with just a few months of marketing, and then, when hype is at its peak, release the actual game.

This is a much better approach than heavily marketing something 5-10 years out before its release. You keep momentum.

How are we supposed to complain about graphical downgrades and bullshots if they wait to show the game until right before it comes out?!?
I want my unnecessarily long marketing push!! So I can pick it apart and get my expectations way too high!! How can I complain about seeing every skill/weapon/crew member before launch if they don't show em!??!

RAIDEN1

Apparently new footage is soon to be released? Any updates on that? Great to see that the release of this game is not too far away..will be soon time to dust off my copy of Metal Gear 5 and trade it in for this game! I know I won't get much for it ...but this game will be (hopefully) everything that Metal Gear 5 should have been..

Skux

We only have the one gameplay video so far and it isn't even continuous gameplay.

And the game is coming out in two months.

Tread lightly.

zCyH07q.gif

My wallet in the first 3 months....

you know you could just wait for a few price drops if your budget is that tight. :)

Shoeless

Too many games are coming out too close together. I'll be holding off on a few for sure.

It could be worse. They could have all been targeted for a November release. Spacing out games so that there's at least one high profile game per month as opposed to 10+ all in one month is decent trade off to me.

Kayhan

I still don't have a good sense of this game.

I am suspicous that they are playing it this close to the vest so late in the game.

Hopefully we will see a lot more before release - and I will definitely wait for reviews and impressions from GAF before buying.

Just remember ME3 and DA:I before preorder this, guys
Both good games which I don't recall having any major issues for on the PC release?

ME3 had the unsatisfying ending, and DA:I had a LOT of (optional) openworld filler quests, but other than that they were exactly what I expected from Bioware games.

If people don't know what to expect from Bioware games at this point then yeah, don't pre-order. But if you like nearly everything they've put out since KOTOR (except maybe DA2) then I'd say preordered is probably pretty safe.

Hell I might even suggest not pre-ordering just in case there are some bugs at launch since there's always a chance, even if Bioware is better than a lot of people at that.

rhandino

Banned
!!!

That's a bit more soon that I expected... Hopefully I get time to play it on launch day if I finish my replays of XIII Trilogy and a playtrough of the Dragon Age series.

Lren

Hyped! Been having the urge to play through the Shepard trilogy again, this just solidified it. Looking forward to the MP beta though, the one in ME3 was an incredibly fun surprise. Unlike DA:I. Could never get into it.

How are we still stuck with this stupid archaic release pattern? What's so hard about a worldwide release? I'd be really surprised if this somehow benefits sales of anything.

Shoeless

Late Feb I think? So yeah that doesn't conflict for me.

Persona I'm going to buy but it won't get played until late April, earliest.

Nier I won't be buying, ditto for Switch.

I'll be getting Nier, as well as Persona 5. Persona 5 is my #1 priority for the first half of the year, but I'll squeeze in some Mass Effect time before it drops. I did the same with FFXV and The Last Guardian, where I temporarily shelved FFXV once TLG came out.

I'm really looking forward to Andromeda, but... it's Persona 5. I've been waiting too long for that one.

Schlorgan

I wonder why there isn't a season pass for this. Its EA after all

No major DLC I presume?
The only EA games to have them have been DICE games. I'm sure there will be DLC but Bioware has never done a Season Pass for any of their games.

Staf

You people know that you don't have to buy and play every game that comes out the very moment it's released, right?

I'm assuming most gamers have a bit of a backlog anyway.

That is true. But if they are story games you want to finish them off fairly quickly to avoid spoilers. Especially if you lurks GAF all day long at work lol. That's my reasoning anyhow.

Oh man. Too close to Persona 5 for me.

What to do. I'd hate to start ME:A just to shelf it a couple of weeks later.

Questions: will this only be in Origin for digital download and can you Steam link Origin games?

This will ultimately determine if I go PC or PS4.

Shoeless

Hopefully it's as good or better than Inquisition.

I hope they were watching CD Projekt closely when it came to how they handled their DLC. Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine are some of the best post-game expansions I've seen for RPGs in the last few console generations.

I'd rather see BioWare crank out something as big and meaty as that, rather than just a couple of new environments, some additional dialog and new items/weapons.

The Switch (and every game that launches alongside it)
Nier: Automata
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5

Ghost Recon: Wildlands

I think those are the big ones for now.
Damn...Welp Mass effect may have to be summer. I had a may date in my head locked in for some reason. Should've known better when shinobi told me nope

Top Bottom