• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - E3 Info Dump

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
...can we romance the evil family member?

dr_rus

-As the game runs Frostbyte, the PC hardware requirements will be similar to that of Battlefront and Inquisition
A game releasing in 2017 will have the same h/w requirements as the game back from 2014? So it will look like crap or?..

Falchion

Wow that's a ton of info that's made me really excited for this.

Instead of your character already knowing a lot about the Galaxy like Shepard, you're going to be discovering all of this stuff with them

Love this, Shepard always felt like an expert at everything whereas I was just like, Ok I'll take your word on that.

Sou Da

Yeah people have traced the city light patterns below and it matches up.

Mac also interestingly says that they leave for Andromeda before Shepard makes his big decisionS (plural).

Based on these two things my current guess is that the Arks actually leave before ME3 even happens. Citadel DLC establishes the Council believed Shepard all along about the Reapers, likely just kept it under wraps to quell panic. If so they had ample time to build 4 Arks, especially with Shepard's 2 year absence.
Makes sense, I do wonder of they'll do the smart thing and have a prologue in the MW.

KKRT00

Yes, this sounds great to me :). I loved the idea and feeling of exploring in Mass Effect 1, even if the random planets were terribly generated and there was nothing interesting to discover on them. I like that this returns to the exploration focus and hopefully they will do justice to it this time. Also, original Mako was awesome, hope this is even better :D

Yep, i loved it too.

So hyped, but is game is far away ;/

Daemul

Love this, Shepard always felt like an expert at everything whereas I was just like, Ok I'll take your word on that.

LMAO! I wish this was the case. Who can forgot the infamous "Can Asari reproduce with each other?" question to Liara, among other gems.

Respect

...can we romance the evil family member?

Inspiration

main-qimg-68d822ad3f13276762b9e7ceef63e92b

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah...I mean I can see how it can work, for sure, but one of the things I loved the most about Shepard was how badass he was, and was so confident. Even when he was totally out of his depth, he was like "yeah, well you know what? fuck that shit".

I'm gonna miss that cocksure asshole. :D
Yesssss. I was cocky Shep and Liara was my girl, and in Inquisition I didn't have to answer shit to anyone and Solas was my guy. Let me be the boss of myself who doesn't agonize over choices that are over now and give me someone with their head on straight that doesn't apologize or change for anyone. I'm into adventure, not drama over less than 1000 people dying.

Akhe

-Relationships and romances will be more realistic
-Friendships and romances will take into account character temperaments. Some may be harder to talk to.
-Romance won't be limited to checking in a few times, then getting a romance scene.

BEST News EVER!!

MartyStu

Uhhh...

Good thing I was not hyped because that would surely have drained it.

More human-centric masturbatory garbage incoming. Ugh. Can't wait to see more 'triumph of the human spirit over adversity'.

A game releasing in 2017 will have the same h/w requirements as the game back from 2014? So it will look like crap or?..

It's a game that runs on the baseliune Xbox One and PS4 so it's obviously not going to require crazy PC specs unless the PC port is low quality. Since it'll be launching in a post Neo world it might scale up more at the high end though.

Dice

It's a game that runs on the baseliune Xbox One and PS4 so it's obviously not going to require crazy PC specs unless the PC port is low quality. Since it'll be launching in a post Neo world it might scale up more at the high end though.
Frostbite is extremely good at scaling up and down, but yeah just look at other Bioware games for an idea of how the PC version will match up to consoles.

It'll be interesting to see how they get around Andromeda without Mass Relays, unless Reapers got constructed them there as well. It'd make sense that between cycles Reapers went to other galaxies, harvested local species and turned them into Reapers that then managed that galaxy. They probably won't go that route as it's not exciting to fight the Reapers once again, but it would make little sense for the Reapers to manage the Milky Way galaxy exclusively when they seemingly have an infinite life expectancy and have the time/technology to travel great distances.

Ralemont

not me
It'll be interesting to see how they get around Andromeda without Mass Relays, unless Reapers got constructed them there as well. It'd make sense that between cycles Reapers went to other galaxies, harvested local species and turned them into Reapers that then managed that galaxy.

Game will only take place in the Helios cluster, so FTL travel suffices.

Can't wait to see more 'triumph of the human spirit over adversity'.

Fiction can't be about the triumph of the human spirit over adversity anymore?

dr_rus

You think Battlefront looks like crap?

Does Battlefront have the same h/w requirements as Inquisition?

Well, I always hope that devs will actually use that power of PC h/w instead of providing straight console ports. Silly me.

StereoVsn

This has been known to be true for a fairly long time now tbh.

I've been dreading this "hundreds of planets to explore! Conquer outposts! Raid vaults! Build colonies!" stuff. I can only imagine this is like monkey paw shit for everyone who's been begging for exploration and vast worlds, just like DA:I.
If it's mostly optional that should be ok. Vast majority of this crap could be skipped in DAI.

I've been dreading this "hundreds of planets to explore! Conquer outposts! Raid vaults! Build colonies!" stuff. I can only imagine this is like monkey paw shit for everyone who's been begging for exploration and vast worlds, just like DA:I.

Fallout 4: Explore Andromeda DLC.

Does Battlefront have the same h/w requirements as Inquisition?

Well, I always hope that devs will actually use that power of PC h/w instead of providing straight console ports. Silly me.

I don't really know if it does but you are just forgetting that they are all using the same engine and the fact that they mention Battlefront as well as Dragon Age Inquisition (Which doesn't even look crap by today's standard either.)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Can we holster our weapon again? Or is there still not enough memory for that?

All I want is to have a communique logged on the computer from a transmission they received while in stasis that the Reaper threat has been eliminated and what happened to Sheppard and love interest.

They don't have to make a big deal out of it, just give me a freaking paragraph.

Mass Effect affected me that much I still think about the characters all these years later.

Well it certainly sounds nice.

I just don't like the comments they make about the first trilogy of games. It's the classic "our old games are old and busted, but our new game our new game is the new hotness. Buy our new game!"

All I want is to have a communique logged on the computer from a transmission they received while in stasis that the Reaper threat has been eliminated and what happened to Sheppard and love interest.

They don't have to make a big deal out of it, just give me a freaking paragraph.

Mass Effect affected me that much I still think about the characters all these years later.
They are far removed in time and space from the original trilogy for a reason, they won't go over any of that. They don't want a canonical version of the original trilogy as it would anger some players.

They are far removed in time and space from the original trilogy for a reason, they won't go over any of that. They don't want a canonical version of the original trilogy as it would anger some players.

I am still pissed off they haven't addressed the ending at all. Did Sheppard live or die.

Jarmel

Banned
The human-centric focus is worrying considering the Cerberus garbage from the original trilogy.

A lot of the things in the OP about the writing aren't reassuring.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Humans being the underdogs being focus is good shame so many moan over being human when it always been about how the human species fits into the universe.
I complain about it because it has already been done (and very well) in the first game. I have no need to see it again.

Garlador

I really hope there's a good villain. Saren knocked it out of the park in the first game and it was all downhill from there.

... Kai Leng eats your cereal. Fear him.

A Human Centric Story and Human only playable race is a bit of a bummer for me. I am a human I can take role playing other species. I know what being a human is like. This is the reason I play female in games whenever possible as I know what being a male human is like. Looking forward to a new ME obviously but well I was hoping for something else in the playable character aspect I guess. I suspect market research puts me in the minority.

Gaz_RB

I mean if we can get all that + the great stories and characters from the other Mass Effects, then I'm in.

DOWN

Banned
Wow. This sounds even better than expected. Sounds like the vibes of ME1, with the main character being a big new to the scene and exploring a vast feeling space.

Dice

Controller support for the PC version please? That's all I'm asking for. If not I'll continue to get this on consoles.
This please! My hype is high regardless but I'd really love to play it on PC this time.
Along with unifying under Frostbite, EA seems to be standardizing controller support for PC, likely as a competitive response to Steam's big picture mode.

I really hope there's a good villain. Saren knocked it out of the park in the first game and it was all downhill from there.

... Kai Leng eats your cereal. Fear him.

The worst thing about Kai Leng was how he showed up out of nowhere and you were expected to accept him as a big threat. Also I kicked his ass during the gameplay and then in the cut scene he's hot shit that overpowers your squad. I hate the disconnect, it's a bad trope in video games.

Gaz_RB

Well it certainly sounds nice.

I just don't like the comments they make about the first trilogy of games. It's the classic "our old games are old and busted, but our new game our new game is the new hotness. Buy our new game!"

I mean when you're in a creative field like this, the idea that your last work had a lot of flaws is incredibly prevalent. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that--I'm sure there is a lot about those games they wish they could have done but couldn't due to time constraints.

Big Nikus

Really hyped for all of this.

Though I'm sad that they can't touch what happened in ME3 because of player choices. It means that the Krogan genophage will still be active (I cured them), and there will be no Geth with us :( (Geths were my buddies)

Top Bottom