• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - EA/Origin Access trial coming March 16th - 10 hour trial

Vamphuntr

Do you not pick the weapon loadouts for your squad? Just left for eos and was only able to pick mine....

No you can't change the other characters loadout. That's how it works in this one.

Does anyone agree with me this game should delayed for another 6 months or a year??? Just fix the animations and the character creator instead of patching post launch? EA you will make more money that way.

Animation aren't really an issue for me because they go really fast in the game and unless you know what's wrong with them you don't really notice. It's more the eyes and how they are constantly moving during conversation that is creepy for me. Also don't like how MP is unplayable right now because it doesn't match player close geographically together and it lags like crazy. It will be patched in due time I don't think delaying 6 months is really worth it at this point the "damage" is done.

Ridesh

Banned
I watched a stream on PS4 Pro way beyond the Trial area.

Basically, I think it looks good. The other plants I saw looked much nicer visually than Eos, the story while generic, looks pretty entertaining. I think I am going to get it. It at least appeals to me much more than Dragon Age Inquisition ever did, and definitely looks much nicer graphically overall.

do you have a link?

I'm watching Cohh new videos at this moment, he reached the vault

https://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage/videos/all

Doikor

No you can't change the other characters loadout. That's how it works in this one.

Animation aren't really an issue for me because they go really fast in the game and unless you know what's wrong with them you don't really notice. It's more the eyes and how they are constantly moving during conversation that is creepy for me. Also don't like how MP is unplayable right now because it doesn't match player close geographically together and it lags like crazy. It will be patched in due time I don't think delaying 6 months is really worth it at this point the "damage" is done.

This could have been easily avoided to some extent if every conversation wasn't an extreme closeup of the faces. Just zoom out a bit please.

Did any one play the multiplayer long enough to see more of the weapon mods? I remember there being a mod in ME3 that let you shoot through the walls which made the game way more realistic.

Anyway, I didn't see any of those mods so I'm not sure if it's a feature in this game.

Lister

Banned
I think so. I'm actually enjoying combat for the most part (Playing with mouse and keyboard on hard). The dialogue and writing overall leaves much to be desired, but I'm not seeing any Sci-fi RPG coming out any time soon that is doing a better job.

I have a feeling I'm going to hate the game and drop it like I did DA:I, due mostly to the terrible UI and boring side content, but hopefully it won't be until I've gotten my money's worth.

Probably going to start over when the game fully releases as male Ryder, but going custom, hate the canonical Ryder's derpy ass face. Or maybe I'll stay fem, I'm kind of liking her.

A-V-B

Well, if you want to explore that idea, okay: the idea being that if you joined a multiplayer game, and bots joined the game after you, you wouldn't be able to finely guide their actions because they're not you, and you wouldn't be able to change their loadouts for the same reason. They help you shoot the bad guys autonomously and might pitch in at times, but ultimately it's you vs the world.

Apply that theory to single player squad mates, and I imagine you'd get something pretty close to how squad mechanics work now, right?

I watched a stream on PS4 Pro way beyond the Trial area.

Basically, I think it looks good. The other plants I saw looked much nicer visually than Eos, the story while generic, looks pretty entertaining. I think I am going to get it. It at least appeals to me much more than Dragon Age Inquisition ever did, and definitely looks much nicer graphically overall.

But is the level design also a lot better than Eos? Because it really looked and felt very boring to me. There was no real drive for me to go explore it and also the two main quests in the trial were rather boring. While I did really enjoy Habitat 7. Would you say all of this is more interesting on the other planets?

UncleMeat

Because they're not team mates, they're allied bots in a one-player multiplayer server instance...?

Ya it's probably the same reason they got rid of adrenaline rush/time dilation, they wanted mp and sp gameplay to be the same. At least that's my guess.

HaloRose

Banned

I understand that yes i just think it be easily not released a broke game

But is the level design also a lot better than Eos? Because it really looked and felt very boring to me. There was no real drive for me to go explore it and also the two main quests in the trial were rather boring. Would you say all of this is more interesting on the other planets?

Some fairly vague (descriptive) environment spoilers.

Not all of them seem to have nomad driving. For instance one looked a bit like avatar bioluminescent jungle, although I am not sure how much exploration there was. Another was a city. There seems to be variety and they definitely looked nice. It is definitely not a slouch in the visual department.

Well, if you want to explore that idea, okay: the idea being that if you joined a multiplayer game, and bots joined the game after you, you wouldn't be able to finely guide their actions because they're not you, and you wouldn't be able to change their loadouts for the same reason. They help you shoot the bad guys autonomously and might pitch in at times, but ultimately it's you vs the world.

Apply that theory to single player squad mates, and I imagine you'd get something pretty close to how squad mechanics work now, right?

Yeah I get all that, it just seems like a weird thing to take out when you had it in the previous entries.

Lucifon

Game is a mess on xbox. Frame rate sucks. Game will just completely freeze for up to 10 seconds.
Err I've not had any freezing whatsoever in my 6+ hours so far on Xbox. Honestly that sounds like it might be a different issue.

Framerate however sucks on both platforms from what I've seen. Frame times are all over the place too. As a result the aiming and input lag feels really horrible. They need to sort it as it ruins combat.

A-V-B

Yeah I get all that, it just seems like a weird thing to take out when you had it in the previous entries.

I think the goal this time was to make single player gameplay more like multiplayer. And... well, I think they succeeded. Unfortunately in single player there are no real humans to go up against.

TheYanger

I think the goal this time was to make single player gameplay more like multiplayer. And... well, I think they succeeded. Unfortunately in single player there are no real humans to go up against.

uh, there aren't humans to fight against in multiplayer either.

Well that's a real fucking bummer. Getting the widow towards the end of 2 and equipping legion with it was a real highlight for me in that game.

olag

Ya it's probably the same reason they got rid of adrenaline rush/time dilation, they wanted mp and sp gameplay to be the same. At least that's my guess.

I fucking called that shit as soon as I heard that they got rid of the power wheel.At this point it wouldnt surprise me if MEA's sequel is more akin to Destiny rather than a fully fledged single player RPG.

Arol

Just finished the trial.

Mentioned plenty but the character creation is kinda lame.

Going to check out the MP later although I play other games for better MP so it won't bother me if it's shit.

Ushay

Game is a mess on xbox. Frame rate sucks. Game will just completely freeze for up to 10 seconds.

Yeah, I had issues too. Frame stutter/drops and its froze for a few seconds on 3 separate occasions. That's why I'm sticking with multiplayer until I get Scorpio/Pro to play the campaign. It just chugs so damn much on One S ..

Does anyone know what this 2GB patch is all about? Is it coming to Xbox?

Is it just me or is the MP ridiculously difficult at times. Enemies seem way too strong

Might depend on what buffs you have or don't have. Killing enemies was a pain for me at the beginning but then I got a N7 Valiant sniper rifle and was killing enemies with one headshot and shielded enemies with two shots on bronze. Although, when I tried silver, it took maybe 5 shots to kill enemies with a shield. So it's somewhat hard to tell if it's because you're lacking mods and upgrades or just because the enemies are too tough.

Iceman829

Anyone here looking to group up for some mp on xbox one? GT is Iceman829. Just shoot me a message if you are interested. I'll probably be on for awhile

Vamphuntr

Yeah, I had issues too. Frame stutter/drops and its froze for a few seconds on 3 separate occasions. That's why I'm sticking with multiplayer until I get Scorpio/Pro to play the campaign. It just chugs so damn much on One S ..

Does anyone know what this 2GB patch is all about? Is it coming to Xbox?

From my understanding it's the patch reviewer got since they got their copies earlier. It's included in the EA Access already.

Van Bur3n

I didn't expect to change the squad's armor considering it was mostly nonexistent in the rest of the ME games after ME1 save for a few DLC skins and swapping colors after loyalty missions, but you can't change their weapons?

Tisk tisk.

I didn't expect to change the squad's armor considering it was mostly nonexistent in the rest of the ME games after ME1 save for a few DLC skins and swapping colors after loyalty missions, but you can't change their weapons?

Tisk tisk.

I expect DA Inquisition system for the teammates.

Shane from siftd.net just did their weekly twitch show and said he doesnt understand all the negative press, that he is loving the game. He said its the best combat of any mass effect, and it looks great on PS4 (regular not Pro).

lumzi23

Ok here's a good starting point.

The ending controversy covered up the discussion that the game was a fucking mess even ignoring the ending. I could go into stuff like the child Reaper dream sequences that didn't work at all on any emotional level and were infuriating to play through too.

Edit: Oh fuck I forgot about the Cereal Killer. How could I forget about him and his emails? For shame.

Most of those are just minor quibbles. Yeah, yeah the few horde style missions forgetting that ME1 had a bunch of throw away missions as well. The difference being that core missions of ME3 were much better than ME1's dreary missions.

Regarding combat my first impression on console was that ME3 had the best and most rich combat of the trilogy. I am replaying ME2 right now on PC (or was) and the combat is not bad and comparing both games on PC the gap between it and 3 seems to have closed somewhat. The PC version of ME3 doesn't seem as tough as the console version (need to replay it) but I think is still quite good. When I get to ME3 I will refresh my memory and see just how I feel about it.

The reaper intersystem mini game is another quibble. Though I did like the ME2 scanning game so...

More than any of these things the game told the most moving story in the Trilogy. Actually, more than that, it is one of the most moving in any Bioware game.

Dmax3901

I think it was the cosplayer lady as the head of animation? And seeing how we're all laughing at that, apparently some REALLY are obsessed with games and went to attack her verbally on twitter.

Yeah just looked into it some more. I can see the gamergate type jumping on this "female cosplayer doesn't know how to animate" agenda. Fucking people man.

Top Bottom