• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - EA/Origin Access trial coming March 16th - 10 hour trial

Head.spawn

I think the issue with the default Sara face is that her mouth looks like its smirking or slightly smiling at rest. So it makes every conversation feel awkward because it looks like she is smirking at serious shit, or is just so blown away by it all, in her own world. Shit is weird.

Thats the only negative for me so far. I'm finding it hard to get immersed in the story with this girl laughing at everything. Rest of the game is pretty good so far IMO, I'm only a few hours in.

Hi. This is me.

I feel like this 99% of the time: =|
Everyone tells me I'm like this: =]

Got me parent called and a detention after what I considered to be a rather uninvolved on my part meeting with my school principle while I was barely late to a class... where he was adamant I was being a smartass ("why are you laughing! whats funny about this?!!!!". Fuck that guy. Like twp decades and a half later, I'm still salty. Would punch.

Wallach

okay maybe no ending spoilers of a game that hasn't even released yet

surely we'll have a spoiler discussion for that, someone's going to accidentally click a spoiler here thinking they are spoilers limited to the trial

just don't

TheYanger

12 hours? Thought it was just over 24 hours?

The VPN spoof puts it at 8 am PST for me.
W7fegiV.png

Corpekata

Banned
Really regretting signing up for Best Buy's gamer thing right now. Bought this and another game, both preorders. First game was late, this one will likely be too as it hasn't even shipped. And is the PC version so I'm just waiting on them to send me a boxed code.

Tempted to buy a digital code somewhere and returning or selling the Best Buy one at this point.

Been trying to draw out the trial so if it arrived late tuesday I wouldn't be bored, but now it's looking like I'll be lucky to get it Tuesday at all.

Really regretting signing up for Best Buy's gamer thing right now. Bought this and another game, both preorders. First game was late, this one will likely be too as it hasn't even shipped. And is the PC version so I'm just waiting on them to send me a boxed code.

Tempted to buy a digital code somewhere and returning or selling the Best Buy one at this point.

That sucks man. You sign up for a service and they eff up, lame. Try to cancel it now if they haven't shipped. Chargeback will be faster.

kcp12304

Banned

Damn that sucks. Best Buy shipped my game Friday. Did the same GCU + preordered 2 games.

extracted from gold about 20 times now. honestly it's annihilation field that seems like the best MP power. it's insane when i can van charge into the enhanced radius field and just get combo after combo, when it recharges everyones shield after kills in the field. i hope the masses pick up on it.

cripterion

Nah I'd rather not see any more new planets. I want to discover that myself. :)

That's possible. I still wouldn't be surprised to see some 90s here and there too. Lower because it doesn't do anything really new and critique about technical stuff.

Not even the Habit 7 stuff? I really enjoyed that part and Nexus and Tempest were fine too. Certainly not like the Citadel from ME1 but still better than 2 and 3. It's Eos where it went downhill for me but if some impressions are to be believed it really opens up after that planet. So I really hope that's the case here.

Habitat 7 was alright, but Eos soured me on the experience.Really wanna get off that rock and do something worthwhile on another planet.
Doesn't help that I ended the trial with some mp and it gave me flashbacks of Gears of Wars 2 netcode with me warping all over the map, hits not registering cause of the tremendous lag.

Neidii

So I played about 3 hours of the trial now and here are my thoughts so far. (no story spoilers)

The first thing that really hit me was how shockingly bad the character creator is. How it can be such a massive step back from Dragon Age Inquisition is just beyond me. Very very disappointing as I love customizing my character. I could walltext about this but I'll restrain myself

Second thing that shocked me was the animations. At the start of the game when female ryder woke up, face animations were so bad I had to quit the game immediately and make a new character. It didn't help at all ofc, I was half hoping my character would look better second time around but sadly she didn't, it's not the face that's wrong I realized, it's just the awful animations and the eyes are so hollow and robot like. I just. I don't know what to say.

So far the combat feels fun and environments are gorgeous... but the most important part for me is characters and story, and from what I've seen so far I'm not impressed. So sad. I had hundreds of hours in the Mass Effect trilogy. I'm gonna keep playing and hope for patches

extracted from gold about 20 times now. honestly it's annihilation field that seems like the best MP power. it's insane when i can van charge into the enhanced radius field and just get combo after combo, when it recharges everyones shield after kills in the field. i hope the masses pick up on it.

Yeah I am playing as the Assari adept and I just dominate all the kills with AF and biotic combos. It is also such a fun way to play. My god the mp for this is fucking perfect. I love how they made the matches shorter but more intense. My 10 hours are almost up and I havent touched the sp yet.

Taggen86

so it will only be supported later with a patch?...that sucks...they made a big deal about Dolby Vision when the game was first announced...was really looking forward to seeing it in action...why do all the cool features like Doom's Vulkan always get patched in later!!

Has anyone tried dolby vision in mass effect on a b6 oled? It was added with the new nvidia drivers and should provide a huge jump in HDR quality.

Top Bottom