• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda Official 4K Tech Video

f@luS

More than a member.
will watch later on my UHD tv, after the stream, cant wait for all those 4K video

eFKac

Hope Sony releases more of those videos in 4K, even if the Youtube compression makes them look worse than Blu Rays on my 4K TV.

Jarmel

Banned
Art direction doesn't look like Mass Effect at all. It looks like Dragon Inquisition. That's a very noticeable and disappointing thing as ME1 and ME2 had very distinct and stellar art direction.

Looked extremely meh, and also seems like they decided to go with male Ryder (or Dick Ryder) for this demo.

Art direction doesn't look like Mass Effect at all. It looks like Dragon Inquisition. That's a very noticeable and disappointing thing as ME1 and ME2 had very distinct and stellar art direction.

it also had some ugly ass character designs for the males, so I'm all for better art direction in that regard.

scitek

Looks nice. I'm really wondering how HDR will catch on with gaming given the input lag it introduces. Might take a while.

"We need a gameplay demo"

"OK..."

"But what if instead of showing anything interesting..."

"...I'm listening..."

"...we show the most boring thing possible!"

"GENIUS!"

dralla

What happened to the female Ryder? And where are the squad mates during gameplay? If you don't see them during the exploration I'm gonna be seriously bummed. I don't wanna run around by myself

diaspora

Looked extremely meh, and also seems like they decided to go with male Ryder (or Dick Ryder) for this demo.

it also had some ugly ass character designs for the males, so I'm all for better art direction in that regard.
Inquisition's character builder was great, I'd exact at least the same here.

Lime

of all the possibilities your character creator affords this is what you come up with bioware?

lolkuux6.jpg

I couldn't put my finger on it but THIS.

It looked and felt to me like Dragon Age 3 mod.

Fantastic graphics, though.

What happened to the female Ryder? And where are the squad mates during gameplay? If you don't see them during the exploration I'm gonna be seriously bummed. I don't wanna run around by myself

It really looks like the game is still early in development, I wonder if they just weren't ready for squadmates to be running around in the world there? They appeared so suddenly in that cutscene.

Daemul

It's nice to know that no matter how much the world changes, BIowares signature shitty animations will always remain.
EWmof.gif

I know you can build your own character and create any face, but the face model for that main character was totally unimpressive, even in the animation.

Like Mass Effects faces always looked spectacular up close, and not even the asari looked really that good, like the artstyle somewhat changed for worse.

Jakoo

May have been a good tech demo but it was an absolutely boring gameplay reveal; graphics and facial animations looked fine but the level design and gameplay had the stiffness of all of the older Mass Effects.

What an incredibly underwhelming way to finally show off this damn game.
A bland looking protagonist, some awkward platforming and... that's it?
Why has no one at EA cut a cool looking cinematic trailer yet?

Tsunamo

That environment looked really nice, I liked it, but yeah it didn't do the gameplay any favors by not really showing anything.

Jarmel

Banned
The platforming sections just seem thrown in haphazardly too.

This looks like a completely different team is trying to do a Mass Effect game without understanding any of the basic scifi influences in the original trilogy.

Mass Effect is my favorite game series of all time

This showing was not impressive. Boring environment, and no combat gameplay and please dont turn into a platforming game with the jetpack. I would hate it if the jetpack is only usable for extremely short bursts.

I'm buying day one regardless, but this was not a good showing IMO. I really hope they do a bunch of videos on the gameplay systems, like with ME2 showing the classes and abilities.

selo

Yep, this was pretty bland, and I also got a DA:I vibe as well (hated that game). It would've been better for them not to show anything at all I believe, people will start to dismiss it

Top Bottom