• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect |OT| Alien love in an elevator

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Lostconfused said:
I dont care, the character faces look awesome!

Yeah they do. The crazy thing is, I doubt there will be too many cloned faces out there. There's alot you can customize... which really helps make you feel attached to the character YOU create.

chespace said:
Yeah they do. The crazy thing is, I doubt there will be too many cloned faces out there. There's alot you can customize... which really helps make you feel attached to the character YOU create.

Ugh i have a couple of character plans in mind but i cant decided on which. I want to make a blond female ruthless soldier, i want to go through the game with the Standard Sheppard trying to do all the good guy choices and then i also want to try some kind of an infiltrator character. I cant wait for the game, sigh 11 more days.

Random note, just saw a flash focus commercial on TV.

LukeSmith

Dunno if this has been posted yet, just opened up a Limited Edition and it is NOT the same packaging configuration as Halo 3's LE. Instead it is like the Gears of War config inside with the separate cardboard booklet holding both discs.

LukeSmith said:
Dunno if this has been posted yet, just opened up a Limited Edition and it is NOT the same packaging configuration as Halo 3's LE. Instead it is like the Gears of War config inside with the separate cardboard booklet holding both discs.

chespace said:
Really nice box actually. :D

1938907883_7dde6c2664.jpg

Yeah, che posted some pics sending the fanboys into a rabid frenzy of jealousy.

ghostmind

LukeSmith said:

This shall be mine.

Grecco said:
Why is the LE online only then?

Because MS wants to torture people with an inane distribution model. Hell, if you are in USA thats not a problem since you can probably get a same day delivery deal. We don't even get a chance to buy one here in canada.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Lostconfused said:
Because MS wants to torture people with an inane distribution model. Hell, if you are in USA thats not a problem since you can probably get a same day delivery deal. We don't even get a chance to buy one here in canada.

Canada is NTSC as well, right?

Agent Icebeezy said:

yup. Canada is exactly the same as America, exactly except for a few strange local laws and the fall of the US dollar sending executives into an epileptic shock.

Agent Icebeezy said:

There is no retailer that will ship it here, the manufacturer (MS) has restricted them from doing so. You'd need to have the game purchased in the US and then shipped to a US location then get a seperate shipping company (or a friend) to bring it over the border. It's pretty pointless.

VALIS

It looks like that lower guy wearing makeup but it's probably just the lighting. Too bad, because I just got visions of a Ziggy Stardust-ish universe populated with flamboyant, androgynous glam rockers and my mind is swimming in the possibilities.

VALIS said:
It looks like that lower guy wearing makeup but it's probably just the lighting. Too bad, because I just got visions of a Ziggy Stardust-ish universe populated with flamboyant, androgynous glam rockers and my mind is swimming in the possibilities.

Random Space Pirate: Can I wear spandex?
[I'd rather you didn't]
Random Space Pirate: I think I'll wear spandex.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
VALIS said:

:lol

VALIS said:

You think thats funny now, but id like to see you laugh when you realize those pirates are krogan.

golem

Saw on Game Head ray mizkua's favorite game is Wasteland. wise choice. I dont think EA has the rights anymore though... ?

also: new trailer = awesome!

Zzoram

The Mass Effect LE was going to be my first Xbox 360 LE. Why don't you want my money Microsoft? I've got $10+A Fully Paid Preorder with Mass Effect LE's name on it.

Nif

Damnit. I knew someone would break street date. I waffled on pre-ordering it online a few times because of it. No K-mart near me anyway. =(

Scarecrow

Is there any risk of making the wrong dialogue decisions with characters? Does the game only give you one shot at talking to characters, or do the characters reset after you stop talking to them?

Scarecrow said:
Is there any risk of making the wrong dialogue decisions with characters? Does the game only give you one shot at talking to characters, or do the characters reset after you stop talking to them?

If you couldn't say the wrong thing to a character then dialog would be useless from a gameplay standpoint. If nothing you say has any consequence whats the point of bothering?

Zzoram

John on 1UP Yours seemed to imply that Mass Effect can be accidentally beaten too soon if you don't purposely distract yourself with side quests. He didn't seem as hyped for it as he once was, but says it's still in his top 5 this year and will play it again.

Zzoram

Scarecrow said:

There isn't going to be a "wrong" dialogue branch in most cases. More likely, there'll be multiple outcomes, each of which may lead to a satisfactory conclusion.

bathala

Banned
i'm watching gamehead right now.

U get to carry ur save file to the sequel and the ending u chose. WHOA!

new trailer looked epic

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I wonder if all of these "choices" will amount to just one of two major outcomes. Good or bad. That would be a major bummer to me. Not only that, can Bioware then tailor the sequels around your choices/endings? Nothing like making a lot of decisions in the first game, only to see that they didn't matter a damn in the second.

Edit: Very nice trailer on GT. I did have to chuckle though...

Deep Voice: "A rogue soldier...leads an unstoppable force..." :lol

Iama

JayDubya said:
Yeah, I'll get around to doing that eventually. But I have to assume that you've gotta make a choice between romancible teammates like in BG2 or Jade Empire or like KotOR2 was supposed to have. And I imagine the romance with the blue alien "girl" is not drastically different whether your character is male of female - maybe a few lines of dialogue will be different.

I don't understand yet if my male PG could have a romance with the alien girl. Is she only omosexual? I don't know

-----

Commercial is too short but is memorable too.
Request denied.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Oh my goodness.

That trailer is everything and more that I had hoped Mass Effect would be... holy crap.

The visuals, the locales, the voice acting - simply incredible...

It's going to be a nerve-wrecking 10-day wait like Halo 3 all over again... :(

Seriously, that trailer was the Gears-level type of hyping they promised right there...

Salazar

Trailer was very nice. I've read too much GAF discussion of this game, though. I expected "I had to make a choice" to be followed something tetchy like "This isn't a fucking shooter, you know".

Aaron

Salazar said:
Trailer was very nice. I've read too much GAF discussion of this game, though. I expected "I had to make a choice" to be followed something tetchy like "This isn't a fucking shooter, you know".
That's it. I'm going to make my character look as much like the ugly bastard Frank West as possible.

Top Bottom