• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 is Coming in March 2012! Max Payne HD announced for mobiles.

Pooya

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/18761/max-payne-3-coming-march-2012.html
http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=86428&p=RssLanding&cat=news&id=1604843

PR said:
NEW YORK, Sep 08, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) --

Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Max Payne 3 is expected to launch on the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system and PC in March 2012 in North America and Europe.

"Max Payne 3 gave us an amazing creative opportunity to evolve one of our most iconic characters," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We're excited to show fans a modern version of Max that pulls them back into his dark and twisted story."

Max Payne 3 continues the tale of former New York City detective, Max Payne. Still haunted by the memories of his traumatic past, Max begins a new life working private security protecting a wealthy industrialist and his family in Sao Paulo, Brazil. When gangs target the family under his protection, Max is forced to fight to save his clients and clear his name, in a bid to, once and for all, rid himself of the demons that have tortured him for far too long.

Picking up where the release of Max Payne 2 from series creator Remedy Entertainment left off, Max Payne 3 is a true cross-studio collaboration between Rockstar Games' global development teams. The game utilizes cutting edge technology for a seamless, cinematic action experience, incorporating the latest advances in Natural Motion physics and a brand new iteration of Rockstar's own Rockstar Advanced Game Engine. The result offers highly-refined gameplay, with an extensive range of realistic weaponry, an intelligent cover system and sophisticated Bullet-Time mechanics.

In addition to an expansive single-player campaign, Max Payne 3 will be the first title in the series to introduce an addictive multiplayer experience. Max Payne 3's multiplayer aims to deliver a compelling experience that dynamically alters maps and mode progression for all players in a match. Along with traditional multiplayer modes, Max Payne 3 will also include a deep reward and leveling system, persistent clans and multiple strategic load-out options.

Max Payne 3 promises to deliver a dark, gritty action experience that is sure to satisfy newcomers and fans to the historic franchise.

For more information, log onto www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3.

maxpayne3-15-1280.jpg

maxpayne3-16-1280.jpg

Max_Creative_01_NOESRB(1).jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Announcing a release date before showing video gameplay -- Only Rockstar

edit:
Also, hellooo new cell phone background
oiyv82.jpg

Pooya

maybe they have something else in May?!, I don't think MP3 sales will be as big as their other recent titles

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
miladesn said:
maybe they have something else in May?!, I don't think MP3 sales will be as big as their other recent titles
Max Payne is more of a gamey game than LA Noire. I can't imagine it doing worse than LA Noire, and it's got name value.

I loved both MP1 and especially MP2. I really hope they nail the atmosphere, as that was by far the most striking part of Max Payne franchise.

I'm glad this finally has a release date but I won't be interested in it until I can see some gameplay. I enjoyed the hell out of the first Max Payne. I was pretty young at the time and it felt like such a unique game. I loved the way they presented the story like a graphic novel. When 2 came out I bought it and played through about half of it and never got around to finishing it.

So far what little I've seen of 3 doesn't have me very excited about the game. Hopefully a proper gameplay video will be released soon. I think I'll pick up 2 on Steam some time and try and finish it. I wish I would have picked it up on Steam when it was on sale.

Jarmel

Banned
How is Bullet Time going to work in the multiplayer?

Also lol at Rockstar and Bioware going head to head.

Salsa

7he Talon said:
Awesome! Can't wait!

Side note - When are they going to announce the GTA V...?

If they pull fuckin Max Payne 3 right, GTA V can be delayed forever as far as im concerned

Also in the PR, Max Payne coming to mobile devices.

For fans looking for a new way to enjoy the classic Max Payne, Rockstar Games is happy to announce that Max Payne will receive the full HD treatment for mobile devices. Available for the first time on mobile, Max Payne will have connectivity to the Rockstar Games Social Club and boast the same features as its PC counterparts - including HD graphics and high-resolution textures that take advantage of the latest mobile technologies, including incredibly customizable controls and support for wired controllers.

Angry Fork

This is the worst gaming related thing I've ever seen. If the final game is anything like this I'll commit seppuku.

I'm already worried with all the other bullshit but "satisfy both newcomers and veterans alike" has shitman written all over it. I don't understand why Hitman is getting pummeled but everyone is pretending like this game doesn't look like a train wreck waiting to happen. Max Payne 1/2 are in my top 3 favorites of all time and I just have no faith in this at all.

And fuck multiplayer in a damn Max Payne game, jesus christ. Is Final Fantasy 15 going to get 16 player deathmatch modes next, like what the fuck.

Salsa

TheVampire said:
I hate the bald look.

I like it

we need more ugly roughen up characters a la Kane & Lynch/new Frank West

edit: Fuckin hell this shit has multiplayer? christ

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Euphoria and Natural Motion with bullet time mechanics is too sexy for words.

Want in mouth now.

This is the main reason why I'm still excited about this.

But the rest just doesn't look like Max Payne at all. For instance, he looks way too big, Max was never that muscular.

Eh, I don't know.

Untracked

Angry Fork said:
This is the worst gaming related thing I've ever seen. If the final game is anything like this I'll commit seppuku.
That was my first impression. Bright colours? Totally misses the vibe of the originals but it's Rockstar, so I'll go with it.
Wanna see some gameplay footage.

A HD Max Payne Trilogy Boxset for 360 please Rockstar. Take my money. Your welcome.

derFeef said:
I hope that's not the final boxart, it has zero Max Payne style, as do the screenshots. :/

Its not remedy anymore.

Why would you expect it to have the same style?

also WHERE IS MY PC VERSION.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
SalsaShark said:
I like it

we need more ugly roughen up characters a la Kane & Lynch/new Frank West

edit: Fuckin hell this shit has multiplayer? christ

yeah, they are a bit better than an average 30-32 years sweet (but slightly roughen up) boy as a protagonist.

Fjordson

Oh god, so hyped. Rockstar games in Spring is quickly becoming my favourite yearly tradition.

Day one of course.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Rockstar said:
Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Max Payne 3 is expected to launch on the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system and PC in March 2012 in North America and Europe.

Simultaneous release? Nice.

Top Bottom