• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 PC Features Detailed.

Jin

Great, so far this worked flawlessly, but now I am on chapter VI and during the cutscene the image just freezes and only the Audio continues. I let the cutscene finish but the game sstays unresponsive and I have to use the task manager to kill the programm. ANd so the trying what to to begins.

Right after bald part, freezing on cut scene where max walks into a building (don't want to spoil what building, but it's where you obviously get out from the outside)

Any ideas? No problems until now ...

Having the same problem here too. Freezes during cutscene and I had to task manager out of it. Very annoying. I've verified the files integrity and had the latest nvidia driver, but it did not help.

Other then that it's a great game.

they just need to sort out the aa issues and patch some of the bugs and it will be a great port in no time.

580 sli's are getting 120fps pretty much all the time on max settings with fxaa

i hope gta v's port will be of similar quality

Are you sure that both 580's are being used? If so, did you do anything to Nvidia inspector? Only one of my 570's is being used and I have the latest drivers.

Guri

It's strange that you guys are having all those problems. I didn't have any (except for the bugged MSAA and one crash). 60 fps constant and everything on max (with MSAA off).

sk3tch

I haven't installed a game via DVD in quite some time. My, my, my this is painful. Especially this bugger as it's friggin' huge. Only 3 more discs to go. :'(

iNvid02

I haven't installed a game via DVD in quite some time. My, my, my this is painful. Especially this bugger as it's friggin' huge. Only 3 more discs to go. :'(

I thought rage took its time, this was the most painful install from disc ever
guess its the price to pay for cheapest prices

Jin

Are you sure that both 580's are being used? If so, did you do anything to Nvidia inspector? Only one of my 570's is being used and I have the latest drivers.

I have a 590 and afterburner shows both my GPU are being used. Using 301.42.

Salsa

the in-character remarks for the old school character skins in MP each time you kill and whatnot are a nice touch

iNvid02

yes

301.42 drivers, nothing altered in nv inspector apart from prefer maximum performance under power management.

maybe try reinstalling drivers, but first try disabling and then re-enabling SLI after reboot, and check for any profile updates from the nvidia control panel

MrCow

weirdly i got the game running by:

alt+tab right at the launch of the game and then clicking the pause and cancel button like a madmen on the auto updater - alt+tab again and the game runs like it should

i have the retail version and always got stuck in the menu while initialising

i also tried everything before that was suggested in all the forums

did run both .exe files with compability mode set to win7 and run as admin, not sure if this helped do the trick but it won't run without me alt+tabbing first and klickin around

Gav47

Anyone else with a 1280mb video card able to use 4x/8xAA with everything else maxed at 1080p? The settings say I don't have enough memory when I try to select 4x/8x

Sethos

Banned
Anyone else with a 1280mb video card able to use 4x/8xAA with everything else maxed at 1080p? The settings say I don't have enough memory when I try to select 4x/8x

Try launching it with the GTA IV command line, -norestrictions and see if you can select it then.

Long shot I know, but they seem to share commands and folder structure.

Gav47

Try launching it with the GTA IV command line, -norestrictions and see if you can select it then.

Long shot I know, but they seem to share commands and folder structure.

No, it doesn't work. Didn't see the memory read out the first time, looks like you need around 1400mb for 4x, oh well I probably don't need the performance hit anyway lol.

Sethos

Banned
Anyone else having problems with Multiplayer? Me and a friend are constantly kicked due to "Connection problems", spawning looking at walls, permanently and stuff like that - It's starting to annoy me.

Jubbly

Anyone else having problems with Multiplayer? Me and a friend are constantly kicked due to "Connection problems", spawning looking at walls, permanently and stuff like that - It's starting to annoy me.

Try this: http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/21509312-ports-to-open-in-the-pc-version-of-max-payne-3

In my experience it's far easier to get into TDM than it is Gang Wars simply because there's less peer-to-peer issues. Also, if the game found a suitable host rather than the first person in the lobby that would help massively.

Sethos

Banned
Try this: http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/21509312-ports-to-open-in-the-pc-version-of-max-payne-3

In my experience it's far easier to get into TDM than it is Gang Wars simply because there's less peer-to-peer issues. Also, if the game found a suitable host rather than the first person in the lobby that would help massively.

I don't have closed ports and we only got access to TDM.

So many shitty MP issues right now. Just getting invites to work properly is a fucking headache.

EDIT: Max Payne 3 has stopped working.

Fuck MP is a shitpile.

I don't have closed ports and we only got access to TDM.

So many shitty MP issues right now. Just getting invites to work properly is a fucking headache.

EDIT: Max Payne 3 has stopped working.

Fuck MP is a shitpile.

Yeah it is going to be a clusterfuck when they have their PC multiplayer event tomorrow.

Demon Ice

Banned
This game is making me feel really bad for Max as a character :( I mean, I know the guy's had a rough life but goddamn, I really just wanna give him a man hug.

noomi

having a lot of fun in mult-iplayer, actually a lot better than i anticipated.

Does anyone know what the taunt key in the PC version is? I have my xbox controller hooked up and I hit "Y" my guy/girl taunts.... no idea what the equivalent key is on my keyboard though, interact doesn't seem to do anything/

Salsa

Seems like most of my issues were fixed by switching to dx10, and the MSAA injector works properly now.

Wish I knew since the start, lol. Its weird cause I feel like I could pull off dx11 just fine, but even 10.1 has issues. Not really "framerate takes a hit, pc isnt up to it issues", but rather other weird ones, hence me saying.

DX10 still looks amazing, i'll survive.

Smokey

I have 580 sli and my gpus are both being used at about 98%. You on the latest driver package? If so have you tried going back to an older driver set?

Ooh err, mouse aim seems a bit funny, as in the sensitivity changes depending on the frame rate (high frame rate - low sens, low frame rate - high sens). Aim slow down is on by default too when aiming at enemies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

You really don't. At 1680x1050 with max settings (save for AA and AF; 2x and 8x respectively [no FXAA]), memory usage during my brief run through the first level peaked at just over 1.2GB, which is actually a little higher than the in-game estimation.

Xander51

I noticed that if I use Nvidia Adaptive vsync in this game, it greatly increases my load times. Using the in-game Vsync the loads are nice and quick. GTA IV has similar weird loading/vsync issues. Other than that holdover, this is a really well-made PC game so far.

Top Bottom