• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May seems like a bloodbath! who is getting buried?

Memory

Overwatch is the only game I'm buying, along with Fire Emblem Fates (EU).

Home front and Mirrors edge might get buried, I've seen no hype about either.

On Console, Uncharted 4 will do well.

Overwatch may do well OK on PC , but on console it will go out to die with Battleborn

The rest are already dead lol.

Doom killed itself by season pass map packs that COD just about gets away with. Doom has no fucking chance.

The industry has proven that games can get away with that time and time again, so I would not assume Doom is going to fail because of that.

Mdk7

For me:

- Severered
- Alienation
- Uncharted 4
- Doom
- Mirror's Edge
- Overwatch
- Fire Emblem Fates
- Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

I feel like crying, because I will never have the time to play all this stuff.
EDIT: I forgot Fire Emblem Fates. And I'd love to support Yokai Watch as well.

sense

I feel you should've worded the thread's title better, OP.

Posters seem to be arguing two different things (Which game will bomb/which game they want to buy)

yea probably should have made it "who is getting buried in May?" but then again people do tend to do answer questions like these with what they are buying into as well

kinda crazy that some people think overwatch is not going to do well lol and vice versa on mirror's edge doing well. we shall see i guess

Turtles, Homefront and Battleborn

Correct. They are fucked. Homefront will probably have the biggest fallout since it is a tent pole game from a smaller publisher looking to expand with a studio it bought, but battle born is probably going to doom gearbox to borderlands for life. TMNT won't do well, but platinum games have been great at budgeting so they should be ok.

GOOCHY

Uncharted 4 and Turtles are pre-ordered - I'll have to wait and see on DOOM. The beta left me a little cold after loving the alpha.

Varg

Banned
Uncharted beta made me stay very clear of away from the full release and I'll use that money instead to get overwatch. Poor battle born

darkfletcher

Neo Member
For sure, Mirror's Edge, and it will be day one for me, but I don't see a lot of people losing their head about it.

Battleborn would be a surprised for me if it isn't...

Aaaand maybe, Doom... not on PC, but on the consoles I don't see it getting huge sales numbers.

Falchion

Uncharted 4 and Mirror's Edge are my only day 1's next month. I might get Overwatch at some point but the other 2 are my priority.

wipeout364

Homefront is crazy I have not heard anything about it. Couldn't believe they were launching a season pass for it when I looked on PSN. I actually really liked frontlines and homefront 2 multiplayer but this seems sent to die and how many developers has it gone through? It all looks problematic and not promising.It would be amazing if it turns out good.

I expect doom, overwatch to do great( of course doom will not meet expectations since it has been in development hell for years and could never make enough to cover its cost). Battle born will do OK but be disappointing in sales likely. turtles will do about what transformers did.

Wait Mirror's edge is out next month I thought it was way off? Call me shocked. First one bombed this one will too I expect.

P.S. I don't even think uncharted should be part of the discussion as it will be a guaranteed hit.

geordiemp

COD has proven that games can get away with that time and time again, so I would not assume Doom is going to fail because of that.

Fixed that for you, COD has proven. Players hate laggy un optimised pieces of shit online, fractured players bases and the only way around it is playing LOCAL multiplayer games.

COD manages it cos it sells 20 million, there is always someone to play with local to you on console.

Many other console games suffer online and have to include everything for free to have half a chance of getting an audience.

Doom online is already dead, that does not mean its coop or campaign cannot sell well. But its online will be hung out to dry within a month.

Shahed

I'm actually only getting Valkyria Chronicles and Uncharted. And I'm not too bothered about Uncharted either.

Mr Swine

Banned
Just Doom for me, it's the game I've been waiting for the most since they started talking about it several years ago! I cannot wait for it to drop!

Steejee

Maybe Stellaris
Maybe Doom (depending on reviews)

That's about it for me.

Do need to get Fire Emblem Fates, though I'm US so I could already, just been so backlogged I haven't wanted to dive into another time eater like FE for a bit.

I think Mirror's Edge will do fine. It's coming out at the very end of May and it's gained a pretty big fanbase over the years.

Homefront will flop and I think it will probably be the worst reviewed game this gen. I'm thinking low 20's on Metacritic.

Uncharted 4 will do the best. It will probably sell 4-5 million copies by the end of May.

Battleborn will be stopped by Overwatch.

Doom will do fine, Doom has a large fanbase and that will survive.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Homefront, Battleborn, and TMNT will likely bomb hard. Mirror's Edge is a bit of a wildcard. It won't do particularly well but I can see the people who have been wanting it at least getting it to do OK.

Battleborn- lol
uncharted 4- will do alright
doom- will do meh
homefront- will do meh
mirror's edge- will do meh
overwatch- biggest hit
teenage mutant ninja turtles- will sell like a Platinum game

IronLich

Definitely getting Uncharted 4/DOOM/Overwatch.

Been a big fan of DOOM since I was 12 booting up DeHackEd to mess around with character behavior, and I've been fascinated by it ever since. Picking up the BFG Edition on PS3 and replaying through all those classic games ignited that love again.

Uncharted 4, obviously. Picking up NDC and participating in the MP Beta clinched that.

Overwatch... what can I say? Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I'm loving what I've seen of the characters so far, and it just looks so fun. Hopefully the beta will ease my mind.

Mirror's Edge is going to get buried. Again. And will be a critical darling. Again. And EA won't revive it a 2nd time. Nobody wants to say it though.

Battleborn also inbound to be bombaborn.

Tain

I'm interested in Uncharted, Doom, TMNT, and Mirror's Edge. Battleborn and Overwatch look pretty unappealing. Is Homefront looking to be a big departure from its predecessor or something?

The VR headsets are still flowing in for people, including myself, and that'll bury me even more.

Mirrors edge is definitely getting buried.

makes me sad bro

Aww-Hell-Naw-Hell-naw-Hell-no-no-no-way-will-smith-GIF.gif
don't you dare put that voodoo on Mirror's Edge

jacobeid

Banned
Battleborn will bomb hard. Homefront won't do well at first but it'll likely have some legs and up alright.

Personally I'm only getting Uncharted.

Thoraxes

Just Overwatch for me. Got. PC CE preordered.

Everything else I can wait for bargain bin status, which usually happens pretty fast.

I've resolved to buy less games and beat more of my backlog for the time being. Hell, i'll probably skip over Starfox this month too.

I believe Battleborn and TMNT are certainly getting buried. As much as I want Mirrors Edge to prosper I sadly believe it will be buried with TMNT and Battleborn :(

Edit: Oh and Homefront of course lol, why it got a sequel is beyond me.

wipeout364

It's too bad about battle born I actually have to say after about 10 hours in the beta I think it's a very solid game and could have long legs. Everything was pretty solid I found but I feel the marketing for it has been kind of off and it's hard to present what it is in a short commercial. It's only hope I think is strong word of mouth similar to rainbow six siege( that seemed to turn out ok) I hope it gets it because it is fun and a good cross between moba and fps

Top Bottom