• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May seems like a bloodbath! who is getting buried?

TheMan

Had no idea ME was coming out so soon...I have heard NOTHING about it. It will surely bomb very hard.

Doom will sell decently but not enough to prevent ID from going under. By the end of the year I expect massive layoffs or even studio closure. Their time passed long ago :( .

sense

i hope a mod can change the title to something like "which game is going to bomb in May" because people seem to just answer what game they are getting lol

Nesther

Mirrors Edge and especially Battleborn will get buried, hard. I can see Homefront doing okay, seems to be a game that can be easily marketed towards an audience that craves an FPS in a modern setting, we haven't gotten that many lately.

The rest will do fine, even TMNT will find an audience with nostalgic people and kids alike.

KraytarJ

Uncharted and maybe Overwatch for me. It's better than April at least but June looks pretty crazy, especially at the end.

Uncharted, Mirror's Edge, Valkyria for me. Waiting for the open beta for Overwatch, and also that game will be around for a while so I don't really feel the need to jump in immediately (or ever, my patience for multiplayer games diminishes by the year).

Homefront? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Uncharted 4 is already pre-ordered and payed. I will be sucked into this game for a good while.

Once i complete Uncharted 4 campaign, i will buy Mirror's Edge and eventually Ninja Turtles.

I don't think there's anything for me in May. I might pick up the Valkyria Chronicles Remaster, but that's it and it'll likely get buried. Uncharted is safe as fuck thoufh.

Mirror's Edge should've been a Q1 game.
Going against those beasts, it'll get buried again and this is its second chance. This time I'm afraid we won't get a sequel/reboot.

Grieves

Only Valkyria Chronicles for me.

I'll probably pick up Uncharted at some point since I've played the first three but it's not a Day 1 game for me.

I'll probably pick up R&C this month for my Son and June is No Man's Sky so I'm in for a busy / expensive time.

Vallasin

Neo Member
May will be great. But there will be some casualties.

Homefront, Battleborn and Mirrors Edge will probably fail financially. Total War: Warhammer's success hinges on the early buzz and reviews.

Definitive buys for me:
Uncharted 4
Overwatch
Total War: Warhammer (i really like what they've shown so far)

and DOOM if the campaign is good and the PC port doesn't suck.

I'll probably still be playing Dark Souls III, or will have picked up Ratcher & Clank for my girlfriend. Idk if any of those May games are going to get me spending.

Curious about UC, but I haven't played any of them.

Battleborn is gonna be this years evolved. Turtles will sell decently enough like transformers did. Uncharted is gonna do bonkers with the ps4's install base. I really hope mirrors edge does well.

sublimit

Banned
Eh i'm only getting Valkyria and Mirror's Edge.I loved the PS3 versions of both games and i want to support the developers for continuing with those underapreciated series even though i will probably not have enough time to play them in May.

Catdaddy

Uncharted 4 - all in - pre-ordered for $40
Doom - Unless it's a broken mess, will pick this up - if for nothing else cause it's Doom
Homefront - Will pick up later in the year, may wait for a price drop
Mirror's Edge - really getting hyped for this one... as long as it doesn't suck or a broken mess - will be after UC4

Probably Homefront, the first one wasn't bad, but it wasn't really anything special either. This one looks to be the same. I'm cautiously optimistic about it, so we'll see how it turns out.

UberTag

Mirror's Edge will pick up an audience when it's marked down to $20 and sitting in bargain bins at Walmart... just like the original game.
Battleborn will get eviscerated by Overwatch.
DOOM should do well with the expected marketing push it'll receive from Bethesda and how hot the shooter/gore genres have become since the franchise's heyday.
Uncharted 4 will make bank.
TMNT is a licensed game developed by PlatinumGames. That's a combo that's veritable sales poison (hopefully it still winds up good).
Homefront is a likely bomb.
Mighty No. 9 will likely be delayed again.
I'm looking forward to playing Valkyria Chronicles again... this time for trophies.

In order of most sales

Uncharted 4 is the sure winner.
Overwatch as distant second its a 60$ MP game.
Doom known fps franchise should do decent Bethesda wont be happy though.
Mirrors Edge has a cult following that should do pretty well.
Homefront first game sucked not much hype for the second game.
TMNT its a platinum game
Battleborn this has FUSE lvl bomba written all over it a moba/meme game that nobody gives a rats ass about how this even got greenlit by 2K is something i will never understand.

Battleborn and Homefront will bomb. Doom and Mirror's Edge will underperform. Overwatch will do decent. Uncharted will be huge.

Getting Doom myself, but don't think the audience is there. Not much going on with it. Maybe the beta will change it some.

I know little about Overwatch other than its a Blizzard game and the character designs are pretty cool. What differentiates it from Team Fortress 2 and what warrents its price tag? I want to give the PS4 version a go but need to learn a little more about it.

As the title says, it seems like a big month for AAA retail releases

Battleborn
uncharted 4
doom
homefront
mirror's edge
overwatch
teenage mutant ninja turtles

there is also valkyria and dead island remastered but those are minor anyways even though i might get valkyria again

uncharted and overwatch seem like surefire hits. personally i feel like overwatch might edge out uncharted considering it is on more platforms but should be close

battleborn is going to be very interesting to watch with reception being tepid and the general vibe being negative. i had no desire to try out the beta as well

doom is a toss up but might do decent numbers like wolfenstein and TMNT also falls in the decent bucket with the name carrying it

homefront and mirror's edge are on very shaky ground and might get buried imo

Only ones i see charting are Uncharted 4 and Overwatch. the rest will die. sorry mirrors edge.

bumpkin

Uncharted 4 and TMNT are the two in that list on my immediate radar. Mirror's Edge and DOOM are on my price dropped radar, ME because the original fell apart halfway through and DOOM because it's going to be a one-and-done SP campaign since I hate getting my ass handed to me by eight year olds with infinite free time (online MP).

OhItsJustDaniel

Neo Member
I'm mostly interested in Doom, Battleborn and Valkyria Chronicles Remastered. I haven't bought too many full price games this year, so I don't feel too bad about buying three games in one month.

I'm surprised by the negative reaction to Battleborn and the failure predictions for it. The beta is fun for me, so it will be very interesting to see if the game finds success.

Sojgat

Something will get pushed. Battleborn still gonna bomb though.

Randy's inevitable twitter breakdowns will nourish my soul.

Memory

I know little about Overwatch other than its a Blizzard game and the character designs are pretty cool. What differentiates it from Team Fortress 2 and what warrents its price tag? I want to give the PS4 version a go but need to learn a little more about it.

There is an open Beta on the 3rd May, you can judge it yourself. If you want to research in the meantime Blizzards Overwatch website is crammed full of information and details.

Top Bottom