• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Slizz

Who has that gif of the Rollins jumping off Ortons knee into an RKO? One of my faves.

Honestly, what is Jinders finisher? Interference?

Zach

Two notes from this UK Championship Special main event:

1.) Oh noooo, Jim Ross keeps saying "Tyler Bates."

2.) I'm hearing a lot of pronouns, so I guess Vince McMahon isn't listening?

Zach

Jamie OD

Holy cow at that CMLL story getting as big as it did. Firings definitely deserved. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking destroying Ultimo's car, this ain't the 80s, shit can be/will be/often is Easily recorded

I'm late to the story on this but yeah, it's mental. Plus it happened in daylight at the arena car park with security allegedly just watching on. The odd thing is AAA might benefit from this because they can bring in the fired CMLL guys to team with Psycho Clown for his current storylines. That is if the new AAA bookers (who also book Lucha Underground) have a clue with what's going on.

to be fair to jinder i've never seen him in a big match situation because he's never been given one.

like has he ever even challenged for another belt before? before this year has he ever had a singles ppv match?

tm24

I'm late to the story on this but yeah, it's mental. Plus it happened in daylight at the arena car park with security allegedly just watching on. The odd thing is AAA might benefit from this because they can bring in the fired CMLL guys to team with Psycho Clown for his current storylines. That is if the new AAA bookers (who also book Lucha Underground) have a clue with what's going on.

Would AAA book people who are getting criminal charges against them? Is Psycho Clown fucked? Is Triplemania fucked? The implications of this are fucking huge as cubsfan pointed out. How does this affect Rush, who's great friends with La Mascara. DOes the entire Rush family get screwed? Does Negro Casas get punished for having his son in law involved?

The craziest part of this story is that while the parking lot is public, the area this took place in was a private secured area, which means whoever recorded this know what was going to happen. Otherwise this would be the stuff of lucha legend

klonere

Banned
Orton has been given a chance to carry Smackdown on two separate occasions now. First time he had to be bailed out by Mark Henry.

This time it doesn't matter because he is a permanently pushed, securely employed independent contractor in a multi-million dollar public company that has a monopoly in the area it operates.

Jamie OD

Would AAA book people who are getting criminal charges against them?

The craziest part of this story is that while the parking lot is public, the area this took place in was a private secured area, which means whoever recorded this know what was going to happen.

I honestly think they will. This sounds like a super carny kind of story where some influential people deep in the business think stuff like this is still acceptable.

Rimfya

Banned
In all Ziggler's promos about "who even is Shinsuke" why don't the commentators and other WWE Superstars wonder aloud what planet Ziggles lives on. I think "oblivious, out of touch Ziggles" would be fun.

Would AAA book people who are getting criminal charges against them? Is Psycho Clown fucked? Is Triplemania fucked? The implications of this are fucking huge as cubsfan pointed out. How does this affect Rush, who's great friends with La Mascara. DOes the entire Rush family get screwed? Does Negro Casas get punished for having his son in law involved?

I absolutely think at least some of them aren't blackballed levels of done over this, but yeah at least until legal stuff is done with it'll be difficult for sure

Psycho Clown is in a pickle, Triplemania is in a pickle, and 2 CMLL world titles are suddenly vacant

somedevil

Well the one that's dating Alexa Bliss is making it in a different way.

Well Blake just had a child with the last tough enough winner Sara Lee.

As for them wrestling Blake is facing Drew for next weeks NXT and Murphy works the house shows but needs a character to make it to the next level.

Pikma

Banned
I absolutely think at least some of them aren't blackballed levels of done over this, but yeah at least until legal stuff is done with it'll be difficult for sure

Psycho Clown is in a pickle, Triplemania is in a pickle, and 2 CMLL world titles are suddenly vacant
The world titles mean shit tho, even less than the universal title

It was in the middle of Asuka's streak so this had no chance of happening, but it would've been amazing booking to have Kay and Royce pin each other during the 4-way they were in so one of them got the belt.
There should've been at least an attempt at it but they never even went for it and it irritated me watching it.

They need to pull the trigger on her sooner than later.

I could see them having her beat Ember through shenanigans afterwards because I don't think Ember is going to have anywhere near as long as a reign, maybe the Takeover after Brooklyn but then losing it at the following one to someone. If there wasn't a plan to take Ember out of this match tonight as an angle (which the injury ended up doing for them) I could've saw them having her pin either Nikki or Ruby causing Asuka to lose her shit and set up the rematch at Brooklyn that way. Though now I'm sure they're going to go straight to it.

Though that might change depending on where things go with the women's tournament and what the end reward of that is going to be.

Hex

Banned
So I know that I am going to catch some heat for this, and I apologize to the boys in the back...
But I was watching AXS last night, some NJPW with JR doing the color commentary and I have to say that JR has gone full Gordon Solie mental.
I mean he goes off on tangents and everything has to remind him of Ricky Steamboat or Shawn Michaels or whatever.
He named at least three moves wrong including saying a sling blade took him back to Eddie's three amigos.
There will be moments of lucidity, when his co-commentator gets his attention but even that gets ignored at times.

Top Bottom