• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

MG310

Sami ain't sniffing nobody's WWE championship on a show with Styles, Nak, Orton, and eventually, Big Match John on it. I love the guy, but don't play yourself.

Unless it's for 5 minutes between Jinder and Corbin's title reigns.

Zach

atomic.gif

UberTag

Unless it's for 5 minutes between Jinder and Corbin's title reigns.
Can definitely see Sami with a 'Rey Mysterio cup of coffee with the WWE title reign' at some point just so they can bill him as a former world champion as if that ever meant shit for the likes of Jack Swagger.'

Heroman

Banned
In a company where a person like jinder, who is just mediocre, can be champ, there is no reason why Sami Zayn can't be one unless you really just don't like him. I mean the belt means nothing.

Tagyhag

In a company where a person like jinder, who is just mediocre, can be champ, there is no reason why Sami Zayn can't be one unless you really just don't like him. I mean the belt means nothing.

May I remind you folks that the belt has been tainted for a while.

Don't know why people are acting all surprised.

Jinder was more interesting to me in the last month than Cesaro has been since, like, his US title reign.

Granted, he's nowhere near NXT Sami Zayn, but WWE Sami Zayn very much needs to examine Daniel Bryan's corpus and see how constantly finding ways to add freshness to your act is important to getting to the level of overness required to overcome being an indie goober.

Heroman

Banned
Sami has zero interesting things about him. He's just a guy happy to be here. He's not a character. He's a joke.
Jinder is WWE champ, and Roman is about main another WM. And Seth is still doing whatever he doing. All those dudes have shit characters.

UberTag

I adore Sami but he can't be champ because he simply looks too Swiss Ska.
He needs to get on the juice if he wants Vince to take him seriously.
Sami is merely a tool to make other future champions look strong. Just like tonight when he ragdolled all over the place for Corbin.

Granted, he's nowhere near NXT Sami Zayn, but WWE Sami Zayn very much needs to examine Daniel Bryan's corpus and see how constantly finding ways to add freshness to your act is important to getting to the level of overness required to overcome being an indie goober.
This is also good advice. D.Brine sure as hell didn't rest on his laurels. He went through the same constant character metamorphoses that kept Jericho, Punk and even the likes of Blue Dot in the spotlight. Sami has been the exact same guy on the roster since his first night.

Heroman

Banned
Jinder has character and a back story. The other two are hunters children.
Jinder character is that a foreign guy from India who happens to be a heel for no good reason besides foreigns are bad. It the same gimmick that I been seeing for years and not very good

Who fucking cares, Randy Orton was champion before that and did nothing but undo 6 months of amazing work to make Bray Wyatt credible again, in 2 matches.

Jinder character is that a foreign guy from India who happens to be a heel for no good reason besides foreigns are bad. It the same gimmick that I been seeing for years aand it very good
So? It's a character. Just because you don't like it means jack shit. But I bet you still watched Smackdown. I bet you still watched Backlash. And I bet you'll still watch mitb too. The world doesn't revolve around you.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Its pretty obvious Jinders character was guy who suddenly got his chance and was doubted.

thats the thing that i dont understand people complain about him being a 'jobber' thats part of the story. during the match with orton they talk all the time about how shocking it is and how hes going to waste his one chance.

Heroman

Banned
Using the excuse that Zayn doesn't have a character or gimmick doesn't work in WWE 2017 cuz you know what there's a whole lot of people in a roster who has no character. I mean what is Finns character or Sasha,Romans,Seth , Rko, etc.

Heroman

Banned
So? It's a character. Just because you don't like it means jack shit. But I bet you still watched Smackdown. I bet you still watched Backlash. And I bet you'll still watch mitb too. The world doesn't revolve around you.

See that statement​ would work if you know rating weren't falling in a tail spin cause I going to tell that jinder isn't going to help falling rating or the house shows. But lol it doesn't matter, get that shit out of heard.

Its pretty obvious Jinders character was guy who suddenly got his chance and was doubted.

thats the thing that i dont understand people complain about him being a 'jobber' thats part of the story. during the match with orton they talk all the time about how shocking it is and how hes going to waste his one chance.

This was pointed out to me, but Jinder actually got the upper hand on Orton during the last month leading up to Backlash. It kinda shocked me, especially that they didn't go 50/50 with it. Jinder had Orton's number the entire time.

ReiGun

Difference is with Jinder, they have a financial reason to give him a more prominent spot. They don't have that with Sami right now.

Which means you're just left to go by popularity or standing in the company, and among the babyfaces on SD, he's like fourth or fifth in line right now.

See that statement​ would work if you know rating weren't falling in a tail spin cause I going to tell that jinder isn't going to help falling rating or the house shows. But lol it doesn't matter, get that shit out of heard.
Well that bore toy Sami isn't going to boost ratings or put butts in the seats. Viewership drops and they're still pulling out better viewers than anything that isn't an nba or nfl game.
Worst still applies
Cool but how are the other two doing? How are you doing? Are you a better wrestler than Jinder?

UberTag

Using the excuse that Zayn doesn't have a character or gimmick doesn't work in WWE 2017 cuz you know what there's a whole lot of people in a roster who has no character. I mean what is Finns character or Sasha,Romans,Seth , Rko, etc.
The 'ole "title reigns/push are awarded based on merch sales" line of reasoning is off the table now, too... hell, I still can't find any merch for Jinder on shop.wwe.com. Even No Way Jose has a couple shirts. Does he have a bunch of merch that's exclusive to India or something?

Difference is with Jinder, they have a financial reason to give him a more prominent spot.

The TV deal they hope works out in terms of merch (which they still don't have for him)

Money sure isn't coming from the fake social media followers/bots because social media will never generate money

The 'ole "title reigns/push are awarded based on merch sales" line of reasoning is off the table now, too... hell, I still can't find any merch for Jinder on shop.wwe.com. Even No Way Jose has a couple shirts. Does he have a bunch of merch that's exclusive to India or something?
When you see those profits from India, you'll understand the bigger picture.
If we're gonna mark out for any mediocre fuck to become WWE champ, let's at least rally behind Corbin or something
No one has time for Orton 2.0

I know people like Jinder for whatever reason but lets not pretend that he isnt "evil wealthy foreigner." Thats what his character is and people would hate it any other time.

Top Bottom