• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald’s to phase out Hi-C from menu, replaced with proprietary Sprite TropicBerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstripes

Banned
All I remember is it tasting godly out of this as a kid.

s-l225.jpg

'80s kid "Burger Day" at school.

Good times.

blakep267

So they finally got rid of it at the closest MCD to me. Now they have orange soda. So I guess that's the sprite tropic stuff, idk. It tastes pretty good. But I wish it could coexist with hic Orange

It's all sugar water and acid, my man.

how are you saying this as a knock in the context of being amongst all kinds of sodas

I refuse to believe more people buy that red hi c crap than the orange hi c. I always hear people talking up how they get hi c from mcdonalds. this is BS

ScrubJay

McDonalds I go to has a Freestyle machine. I guess I'll check if they still have it, I won't be getting any nuggets without some Orange Lavaburst to go with it.

GamerJM

Banned
Hi-C is like a relic from the 90s to me. It seemed like it was everywhere in my early childhood, then sort of slowly became less common during the mid 2000s, and now whenever I see a soda machine with a Hi-C flavor I'm reminded that it's a thing that exists. I haven't seen any in grocery stores or anything in a very long time.

there's been such a hole in the food entertainment part of my life since this happened. i just had orange hi c from the juice box thingies. they don't taste anything like McDonald's. fml

Syriel

My local McD's finally dumped it.

Ordered up near the end of June, got Hi-C.

Ordered up in July, ended up with orange soda instead of Hi-C.

NO MORE ORANGE DRINK! :( :( :(

Alphahawk

Hi-C is like a relic from the 90s to me. It seemed like it was everywhere in my early childhood, then sort of slowly became less common during the mid 2000s, and now whenever I see a soda machine with a Hi-C flavor I'm reminded that it's a thing that exists. I haven't seen any in grocery stores or anything in a very long time.

This is just personal bias, you don't notice it because you're a grown adult, and have no reason to look for it.

My local Burger King still offers Hi-C. I had a cup when I last went there few days back. I remember it being less watered down and tasted more fruity ish.

Korgill

Only problem with freestyle is the normal Sprite always has a nasty taste to it from the flavorings. It nice to get flavored Mello Yello though.

Crazyorloco

So we're just going to have soda options. Wtf...

And iced tea (caffiene is in it though). I'd like some regular juice. I'm going to have to buy the Apple juice boxes

Soda from fountains already taste like ass, its the same shit.

Nah. Having worked at stories with both traditional bag-in-box set-ups and these new machines, the traditional tastes much better, but the new machines are more convenient for workers. It's much easier to restock the new machines, and less messy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom