• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds USA to do Mario Kart Deluxe/Nintendo Switch Promotion Apr. 25- May 22nd

So, McDonalds/Nintendo is giving away $36000 for no reason. It's not like either are hurting for sales, and yet, people are complaining. When I was a kid, all we got was the toy and we were happy. Simpler times I guess.

toilets.jpg

I laughed very hard at this one!

100 isn't too stingy, PS4 Slim is currently a Mcdonalds Monopoly prize in the UK and that's limited to 400 units. I'm sure it's more of an advertising campaign, like most competitions. They don't care if you win, they just want you to want a Switch.

painey

100 isn't too stingy, PS4 Slim is currently a Mcdonalds Monopoly prize in the UK and that's limited to 400 units. I'm sure it's more of an advertising campaign, like most competitions. They don't care if you win, they just want you to want a Switch.

Population of the UK: 64.1 million
Population of the USA: 318.9 million

Funny thread, decent promotion-- Nintendo would be insane to not have the stock situation under control following this contest, assuming a percentage of the average people interested in winning will check out a local store to buy one after their inevitable loss, and would also quickly forget about it after never finding one

100 is hilarious, but it's obviously not the point of the contest. Too bad the toys aren't based on MK outside of the shell.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Funny thread, decent promotion-- Nintendo would be insane to not have the stock situation under control following this contest, assuming a percentage of the average people interested in winning will check out a local store to buy one after their inevitable loss, and would also quickly forget about it after never finding one

100 is hilarious, but it's obviously not the point of the contest. Too bad the toys aren't based on MK outside of the shell.

Exactly and this is how marketing deals work.

I feel like you're vastly majorly overestimating the manufacturing cost of happy meal toys.

If it they are using NFC tags they can be purchased wholesale for less than a penny a piece. Nothing needs to be stored on them other than an identifier to unlock whatever in the app. I dont think its that much of an overestimation.

McDonalds cheaped out. Burger King gave away a lot of the Wii U's. I actually won one from Burger King. Not even worth trying at McDonalds if they only have 100.

Dynomutt

Maybe then can use the profits to clean or swap out the Gamecube controllers at my local McDonalds. They never upgraded...

So, McDonalds/Nintendo is giving away $36000 for no reason. It's not like either are hurting for sales, and yet, people are complaining. When I was a kid, all we got was the toy and we were happy. Simpler times I guess.
In 'my day' McDonald's gave out a million dollars in gold if you collected Monopoly pieces.

This is just a weirdly stingy promo.

I can't tell which of the posts in here are serious and which are sarcasm or joking and frankly it's pretty hilarious either way.

Here's the toys:

nexttoys.jpg

i was hoping they would bring back the mario kart toys

HAPPY2.jpg

i dont normally collect these types of things but thought those were cool

neilyadig

FYI

To Enter Without a Purchase: Send an email to entry@amoeentry.com and put only the numerical date on which you are submitting the email in the subject line (mm/dd/yy), then put your first/last name in the email to receive 2 Entries, rec’d by 5/22/17 at 11:59:59 p.m. Limit 1 Entry transaction/day to receive 1 or 2 Entries

PSFan

Only 100 Switches? Do you think they will do it as 2 for each state? That could improve people's chances a bit.

Cuburt

Only 100 Switches? Taco Bell and Sony are probably laughing their asses off at this contest.

They were ingenious. I didn't have to buy a single thing to enter every day of the month and while they still didn't give away enough for me to get one, it still didn't make me want to buy a PSVR.

I'd say their plan worked.

exfatal

Just to put it into perspective, Tacobell gave 6000 exclusively designed gold PS4s away. Those 100 Switch consoles better be made out of gold.

Switch also only released like a month ago? while the ps4/vita were well into there life and I could image being able to afford to give out more ps4/vitas for the promotion.

People complaining about the odds of some promotional event is ridiculous but thus the life of GAF

Top Bottom