• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medabots: Girls Mission Announced For Nintendo 3DS

Medabots Girls Mission: It's got girls, girl friends, girl friendships, did we mention this game has a focus on GURRRRLS?!

I can relate to this game! Golly! Gosh! Guess I better buy it huh?

It's also got girl robots!
KivnyjB.gif

I was going to be dissapointed, reading the game's title then op...but I scrolled down and yes! You can play as a girl!

Might very well get back into medabots if it comes to NA. Don't know what the chances are for this franchise anymore.

See, I saw the title and thought "oh, so it'll have a female protagonist and touch on themes like modern sexism and empowerment and whatnot that's kinda cool" and then I opened the thread and it was like "right, Japan."

EDIT:
Actually it looks like each version has their own unique female protagonist.

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/medabots-girls-mission-announced-3ds#disqus_thread

Preferable to a male one at least.

Huh, guess I shoulda kept reading. Interest renewed.

It is aimed at kids, the original anime (and the games that made to the west) are sort of like a Saturday morning cartoon where almost nothing is taken seriously.
That's why I confused because I didn't think they would have that "stuff" in game for kids.
Maybe its trying to get a new audience.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I've no problem with this, as long as it doesn't go into the touchy~feely~needlessly~yuri category of things.

Games that have such a focused theme for their characters, are a good time to explore more archetypes for the roles, than a more normal work would allow. It'd be great to see a few more race, age, and cultural representations filling out the cast here.

I know DIgimon has had it's moments of service and awkward sexuality / suggestive content, but has Medabots gone there in any form, yet?

Jamie OD

It is aimed at kids, the original anime (and the games that made to the west) are sort of like a Saturday morning cartoon where almost nothing is taken seriously.

It had a referee called Mr. Referee and he always appeared when there was a fight no matter where it took place. He was cool.

It had a referee called Mr. Referee and he always appeared when there was a fight no matter where it took place. He was cool.

Not as cool as PHANTOM RENEGADE, the secret identity of Henry, who also had a whole other secret identity called SPACE MEDAFIGHTER X, where he battled with his pal Arcbeetle who finished opponents off after they prepared themselves for the power of the midnight sun...the pillar of fire...the... PROMINENCE

god I loved that show

Fandangox

My favorite was the Phamtom and no one figuring out who he was despite the store clerk basically spelling it out on every situation.

Oh wow henry how did you get that cut that in your nose that is suspiciously similar to the cut the phamtom got?

"Shaving"

Seems legit.

ZeroX03

Banned
Why can't they try and nostalgia revive this in the West like Digimon so we can get the 3DS games...

Version for girls is nice.

Not as cool as PHANTOM RENEGADE, the secret identity of Henry, who also had a whole other secret identity called SPACE MEDAFIGHTER X, where he battled with his pal Arcbeetle who finished opponents off after they prepared themselves for the power of the midnight sun...the pillar of fire...the... PROMINENCE

god I loved that show

I liked when his golden mask cracked as if his secret identity was going to be revealed, but then he just had the regular white mask underneath.

Also, Yoh Yoshinari, a prominent animator from Gainax, worked on the first season of the anime.

Top Bottom