• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 02/16 - 02/22

Since people always have them for Pokemon and Nintendog games, any theories on why
2ag94ll.jpg
sold more than
mwb2g7.jpg
sold more than
35a846w.jpg
?

gantz85 said:
Is it possible that a substantial number of these orders are overseas shipping orders and that the local demand isn't all that high. These may include sites like Play-asia and such, as well as shops all over Asia getting shipments in and putting them in their inventory stock.

Since SFIV is a fighting game, language isn't that big of an issue for importers.

This might help explain the digits better, and why PS3 games have longer legs.

I doubt it.

bmf said:
Moe, probably. Same audience that watches things like Bottle Fairies and Lucky Star?
I've seen that word before: Moe. What does it mean, exactly?

Also, I've never heard of Bottle Fairies or Lucky Star, but looking at the boxart, I'm getting the impression that its audience is young girls a la Wagamama Fashion?

viciouskillersquirrel said:

Also, I've never heard of Bottle Fairies or Lucky Star, but looking at the boxart, I'm getting the impression that its audience is young girls a la Wagamama Fashion?
Middle aged men who wish they were young girls, or just want their attention. It's the pedos that won't admit to themselves that they're pedos.

justchris

a Master Ninja said:
Since people always have them for Pokemon and Nintendog games, any theories on why
IMGhttp://i42.tinypic.com/2ag94ll.jpg/IMGsold more thanIMGhttp://i42.tinypic.com/mwb2g7.jpg/IMGsold more thanIMGhttp://i42.tinypic.com/35a846w.jpg/IMG?

The first one shows cleavage, the second one has a glasses girl.

It's an Idol "raising sim" kinda like a princess maker or something like that but with a little more to it. Think of it like princess maker meets american idol. There is some kind of crazy stat game under the hood in other words.

When something is "moe" it's like a turn on, the term is generally used as a genre or style classification. It's not a term exclusively used to describe things like idolmaster, but there is definitely a lot of that kind of thing under the umbrella.

Target audience should be males in their teens to mid twenties who like doing things with their disposable income such as spending hundreds of thousands of yen on fake clothing to dress up their characters.

icecream

Public Health Threat
So... what exactly is Idolmaster?
You can start here.

a Master Ninja said:
Since people always have them for Pokemon and Nintendog games, any theories on why [Perfect Sun] sold more than [Missing Moon] sold more than [Wandering Star]?
Haruka + Makoto + Yayoi > Chihaya/Azusa + Ritsuko > Tokachi + Iori + Yukiho.

The other theory would be the character's songs. Or perhaps stores stocked disproportionate amounts, or fans are localized in areas disproportionately, leading to shortages in concentrated areas.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
a Master Ninja said:
2ag94ll.jpg
sold more than
mwb2g7.jpg
sold more than
35a846w.jpg
?

the last one has 4 chicks on the cover. that means death.

Heh, seeing the three idolmasters in the charts remindes me of the uber otaku I've seen on sankaku few days ago. He wasn't satisified with just one copy of each version.

b6r2jr7f2ei8ijhdi.jpg

Kafel

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
[IMGhttp://i42.tinypic.com/2ag94ll.jpg[/IMGsold more than[IMGhttp://i42.tinypic.com/mwb2g7.jpg[/IMGsold more than[IMGhttp://i42.tinypic.com/35a846w.jpg[/IMG?

more skin on the first one

Laguna

Banned
RurouniZel said:
Holy shit! I see now, it's not that 100,000 people bought the game, it's that 5,000 bought 20 copies of the game each! o.o

It´s obvious that you´re joking but you aren´t too far off with your statement imo. Since most who bought this game are otakus they probably bought all three versions. Explains the very similar numbers for all versions.

Upcoming releases.

03/02 - 03/08/2009

NDS:
03/05 Aibou DS
03/05 Kimokawae!
03/05 Kimokawae! (Limited Edition)
03/05 Seventh Dragon
03/05 Simple DS Series Vol. 47: The Suiri: Shinshou 2009
03/05 Sukashishipanman DS: Shokotak Koto Nakagawa Shouko Produce!
03/05 Tennis no Oji-Sama: Doubles no Oji-Sama - Girls, Be Gracious!

PS3:
03/05 Resident Evil 5
03/05 Resident Evil 5 (Limited Edition)
03/05 Resident Evil 5 (PS3 Premium Limited Box)
03/05 Valkyria Chronicles (PlayStation 3 the Best)

PSP:
03/05 Boku wa Koukuu Kanseikan: Airport Hero Naha (EA Best Hits)
03/05 Boku wa Koukuu Kanseikan: Airport Hero Narita (EA Best Hits)
03/05 Boku wa Koukuu Kanseikan: Airport Hero Shinchitose (EA Best Hits)
03/05 Minna no Golf Portable 2 (PSP the Best)

X360:
03/05 Resident Evil 5
03/05 Resident Evil 5 (Deluxe Edition)
03/05 Resident Evil 5 (Limited Edition)
03/05 Resident Evil 5 (Xbox 360 Premium Pack)

PS2:
03/05 Super Robot Taisen Z Special Disc

Wii:
03/05 Relaxuma: Minna de Goyururi Seikatsu

Blablurn

slaughterking said:
Heh, seeing the three idolmasters in the charts remindes me of the uber otaku I've seen on sankaku few days ago. He wasn't satisified with just one copy of each version.

wtf..

Harteex

Lightning said:
I still find 160k overall VERY disappointing given the franchise. It is the biggest franchise Tri-Ace have and I don't think 160k cuts it, imo.

But we don't know how well it'll sell in the rest of the world yet.

Paracelsus

Harteex said:
But we don't know how well it'll sell in the rest of the world yet.

If S-E managed to overship (?) over 200k copies of both IU and TLR outside Japan, you can bet your a** that they will at least ship 500k copies of SO4.

Joe211

I wonder why people keep telling us that Sony needs to release a PSP2.
If you look at these numbers Sony needs only one thing to start selling softwares in Europe and the US.
I looking forward hardware numbers.

Paracelsus said:
If S-E managed to overship (?) over 200k copies of both IU and TLR outside Japan, you can bet your a** that they will at least ship 500k copies of SO4.
They shipped 440,000 copies of IU and 490,000 of TLR as of 12/31/08.

Their plan is to charge up the ass in Japan(SO4 is $90+) and flood retail in America. Though SO4 has a better chance of selling in America than IU or TLR, plus it's not being released at a retarded time of year.

[Nintex]

artredis1980 said:
Holy fuck!!!

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssTechMediaTelecomNews/idUST13446120090226

Xbox 360 this week - 21,013
Wii this week - 16,900
PS3 this week - 15,967

FUCKK

XBOX 360 outsold Wii in Japan!!!!!!!!!!! this weeek

also according to reuters, SO4 sold 173,850 not 164000
Damn, do something Nintendo, it seems that they're too busy with the DSi to bother with the Wii. At least we have Punch-out!! scheduled for May in the US/EU.

Loudninja said:
The 360 did not sale as much as I though it would.
Why would you think more? We heard 22k a few days ago which pretty much fits those numbers.

Also, Wii is in trouble if that's really what it sold.

Loudninja

Psychotext said:
Why would you think more? We heard 22k a few days ago which pretty much fits those numbers.

Also, Wii is in trouble if that's really what it sold.

I thought it was 24k?Now saying they are bad :)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
neojubei said:
So this is 360's big title for Japan for the rest of the year?

After RE5 next week there is absolutely nothing of note (sales impact wise) even announced for 360 for the rest of the year.

Laguna

Banned
schuelma said:
After RE5 next week there is absolutely nothing of note (sales impact wise) even announced for 360 for the rest of the year.

The same for PS3, besides a FF demo there´s still nothing announced yet.

Whatever Atlus has cooking for the PS360 they may want to start teasing it cause it looks they have the rest of the year to release practically anything.

Hell that goes for most any Japanese developer that's still looking at making an HD game or two.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Whatever Atlus has cooking for the PS360 they may want to start teasing it cause it looks they have the rest of the year to release practically anything.

Hell that goes for most any Japanese developer that's still looking at making an HD game or two.
Blue Dragon 2 - THE TIME IS NOW!

Seriously, it would be a good idea.

Actually, they should use their current momentum to launch an Xbox 360 slim. Have Blue Dragon 2 bundles with custom art for the console. FALL 2009 - THE TIME IS NOW!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Laguna said:
The same for PS3, besides a FF demo there´s still nothing announced yet.

Grumble Final Fantasy XIII Grumble....

SimpleDesign said:
Blue Dragon 2 - THE TIME IS NOW!

Seriously, it would be a good idea.

Actually, they should use their current momentum to launch an Xbox 360 slim. Have Blue Dragon 2 bundles with custom art for the console. FALL 2009 - THE TIME IS NOW!

I picture you on your knees praying saying that stuff. Is even Mystwalker working on anything right now?

neojubei said:
I picture you on your knees praying saying that stuff. Is even Mystwalker working on anything right now?
Not really, I never even played the first. I just think it's a good idea.

Cry On was canceled, Blue Dragon 2 was in development and some online RPG was in development as well.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
SimpleDesign said:
Grumble Dragon Quest IX Grumble

:(

Well there was that famitsu article that said FF13 is coming in 2009.

schuelma said:

Looking at the SF4 numbers I am not too sure RE5 will be such a big gun like SO4 for either system.

Top Bottom