• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 11/5 - 11/11 2007

Tiktaalik

Segata Sanshiro said:
A little better than usual, but I doubt it's spinning any bowties at Konami. Castlevania is a series that pretty clearly exists to serve the NA market.

I seem to keep reading this line more and more recently :\

God, reading msdstc's posts is such an eyesore. SMG really need a good holiday boost if it wants to beat SMS LTD, let alone reach a mil.

*Guaraná

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Anecdotal sales news:

Biohazard UC Zapper bundle is sold out everywhere I went at lunchtime :O
Maybe it could do quite well. I even saw some poor fool fondling a Ghost Squad Zapper bundle while holding individual BH:UC in the other hand. But his intelligence finally got the better of him and he put both back on the shelf. Will check my local store tonight. They usually have shitloads more than other stores.
that's great news. Keep us in touch.

Stumpokapow said:
and occasionally bombs (Dewey, Zack and Wiki, DBZBT3).
Famitsu has its predecessor and it starting out very similarly. If DBZBT3 has legs like DBZBT2, it could be surprisingly high by the time we see it again.

DBZBT2 was at 158K the last time we got an update on it mid-year. It took 7 weeks to even reach half that.

noonche

schuelma said:
Ok, so our next fun debate will commence Friday morning for 1st day RE:UC sales.

What are we expecting? What would represent a positive for Nintendo?

Hmm.. I think the game needs to do about 1/3 of it's total sales in Japan; whatever that may be. I think if it's like RE4 where the vast majority of sales came from the U.S. and Europe then that could be troubling for core games on the Wii in Japan.

Lightning

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Anecdotal sales news:

Biohazard UC Zapper bundle is sold out everywhere I went at lunchtime :O
Maybe it could do quite well. I even saw some poor fool fondling a Ghost Squad Zapper bundle while holding individual BH:UC in the other hand. But his intelligence finally got the better of him and he put both back on the shelf. Will check my local store tonight. They usually have shitloads more than other stores.
Any news on Heavenly Sword? That released today in Japan. :D

Aeon712

02. [PS3] Shin Sangoku Musou 5 (Koei) - 188,000 / NEW
10. [PS3] Ratchet & Clank Future (Sony) - 12,000 / NEW

Ouch Ratchet was owned, guess I'm not the only PS3 user that doesn't like the franchise.

Lobster

Banned
I take back what I said about Galaxy in last weeks thread :( Instead I agree with everyone in that thread.

Will we get UC first day numbers? Im really interested in the sales of that game.

Hero

I'll reserve judgment on Mario Galaxy's performance until after the Japanese holiday season. I have a feeling that a lot of people are waiting for the holiday shopping to pick it up for the younger and casual crowd. I'm also certain that Wii Fit will boost Mario's numbers.

But yeah, if it hasn't neared a million by the New Year, then it's a serious, giant question mark to the Japanese console market.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Hero said:
I'll reserve judgment on Mario Galaxy's performance until after the Japanese holiday season. I have a feeling that a lot of people are waiting for the holiday shopping to pick it up for the younger and casual crowd. I'm also certain that Wii Fit will boost Mario's numbers.

wii fit appeals to a totally different crowd than mario did/does

Busaiku

Lobster said:
I take back what I said about Galaxy in last weeks thread :( Instead I agree with everyone in that thread.

Will we get UC first day numbers? Im really interested in the sales of that game.
We usually get the 1st days from sinobi's blog around Friday.

Vinnk

Ok, I will do a "Vinnk's Village" report this week. What should I look for?

I will check B:UC for sure and PS3, anything else?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
have we started freaking out yet, or do we have to see the black line crossing the blue line to make it REAL?

(last week)

mc-weekly-line-48.jpg

davepoobond

Lobster said:
?

Mario Galaxy boosted Wii Sports and Wii plays numbers. They appeal to different crowds.

you keep telling yourself that

and i bet the PS3 will be JUST under Wii. But Wii will increase by a couple of thousand, so PS3 will end up having nearly 40,000 anyway.

Lobster

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
I'll predict

Wii: 30,000
PS3: 40,000

This thread will get ugly tomorrow

Its also sad that this will mean that Gundabump > Galaxybump

Not really. Everyone knows this is because of the price drop..Even 360 crossed streams when it recieved a price drop. Now a Wii Price drop..hell it could cross the DS.

perfectchaos007 said:
I'll predict

Wii: 30,000
PS3: 40,000

This thread will get ugly tomorrow

Its also sad that this will mean that Gundabump > Galaxybump
I'm thinking I'll lurk, but not much more then that.

The idiots will be out in droves. Wii owners downplaying the PS3's success, and PS3 owners declaring the victor decided.

Fun for those that are relatively unbannable, but I've got a banbet going that will take me away for a month. And I'm quite fond of GAF. One month will be enough for me.

Lobster

Banned
davepoobond said:
you keep telling yourself that

and i bet the PS3 will be JUST under Wii. But Wii will increase by a couple of thousand, so PS3 will end up having nearly 40,000 anyway.

Not by a lot but it definitely boosted the numbers. Wii Play got boosted more then Wii Sports.

davepoobond

Lobster said:
Not by a lot but it definitely boosted the numbers. Wii Play got boosted more then Wii Sports.

it didn't boost any numbers. Wii Sports and Wii Play have been doing those numbers for the past 3 months. The only reason Wii Sports charted in the top 10 is outside the top 3 or 4, the games are getting crappy ass sales

Lobster

Banned
davepoobond said:
it didn't boost any numbers. Wii Sports and Wii Play have been doing those numbers for the past 3 months. The only reason Wii Sports charted in the top 10 is outside the top 3 or 4, the games are getting crappy ass sales

ok. I believe you. Sorry.

Dahbomb

davepoobond said:
Preliminary numbers have put PS3 at 56k and Wii at 36K round about. The same numbers had exact numbers for DW6 and SMG sales... so I guess they are credible.

Just a little heads up for tomorrow... PS3 will 100% be outselling Wii.

I still believe that REUC is going to sell at least 2x as much as RE4:WE did in Japan.

Dragon Quest Swords set the precedent. On rails + Proven Franchise + Decent production values = success.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Vinnk said:
Ok, I will do a "Vinnk's Village" report this week. What should I look for?

I will check B:UC for sure and PS3, anything else?

Well let's see, what else is there? Did Cooking Mama 2 come out?

I think somebody said Heavenly Sword came out this week as well?

nintendo, get your fucking marketing shit together, you motherfucking bastards. those assholes are letting galaxy slip thru their own homeland turf, idiots

epaturun

I think the lack of demos for games like SMG, Z&W & Endless Ocean really hurt sales. Big N really need to get this sorted. It gets people to fall in love with these games whilst creating the awareness of their existence.

davepoobond

Hero said:
Wii Fit will bring in so many new console owners that they're bound to pick up Mario.

yeah, i suppose 1% of the wii fit console buyers which is equal to like 2 million, will buy mario galaxy.

Lobster said:
If you agree with everyone in that thread, you're now full of contradicting viewpoints.
perfectchaos007 said:
So basically the PS3 boost was gundam + pricedrop + White PS3?
Close. This is Non-Gundam Musou.

SMG second week sales are disappointing. AC drops sharply as expected. Musou does OK but will probably end up way lower than the other Musous. If this trend of established franchises slowing down considarably continues we'll be seeing some changes in the way those series are handled.

RR, VF, AC, SMG, MnG. Sure the current gen consoles aren't well established as of now but even with lower expectations they performed sub-par. General interest in the series going down, interest in home consoles going down? Probably the latter seeing things like Mario Kart.

Tideas said:
do ratchet games really do that well in Japan? I thought 13k is pretty good for a first week
Numbers were posted already. No one but die-hard Sony fans expected this to sell gangbusters but even with realistically low expectations these numbers are disappointing.

msdstc said:
it's guaranteed to that's something I'd bet my account on this game will sell more than a half mill worldwide, it's such a joke this guy is just trolling the shit outta ps3

dude seriously you're one of the biggest fanboys I've ever seen you really have an anger towards sony for some reason.

lets say this... dynasty warriors 5 released 2005, ps2 has an extremely well established user base, sells 900k

ps3 dynasty warriors 6 comes out, so far it starts out at 190k, almost a quarter of the sales, now by the end of it's life time after the holidays and sales it'll wind up with probably about 50% of the ps2 sales... in 2005 there was probably 10 times as many ps2s as ps3s for the record in Japan.

oh yah and by your logic Mr. fanboy, mario galaxy isn't just a bomb, it's a fucking travesty.

edit- by the way, I'm one of those galaxy sales come next week I have nothing against the wii. I admit my bias towards sony I just hate blind fanboyism this guy is a raging fanboy.
MC threads are slowly turning into NPD threads :(.

This sudden influx of posters didn't do the threads any good.

perfectchaos007 said:
So basically the PS3 boost was gundam + pricedrop + White PS3?
It was Musou, the price drop for the old PS3s was already in effect, though you could argue that the introduction of the cheaper 40G is another price drop.

JoshuaJSlone said:
If you agree with everyone in that thread, you're now full of contradicting viewpoints.

Close. This is Non-Gundam Musou.

Oh my bad. I get them confused. Especially since I don't pay attention to the series. But the White PS3 DID come out last week right?

smurfx

get some go again
laesperanzapaz said:
nintendo, get your fucking marketing shit together, you motherfucking bastards. those assholes are letting galaxy slip thru their own homeland turf, idiots
lmao jeez man it's just videogames you don't have to take it so seriously. besides nintendo can't force people to buy a game.

test_account

XP-39C²
Stumpokapow said:
and Ratchet didn't sell worth shit on the PS2.

Code:
- Ratchet & Clank:                          562.658
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal:         274.188
- Ratchet: Deadlocked:                      233.375
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando:          223.535

If selling 323.493 copies average in a serie isnt worth shit, i wonder what your definition of bad is, 500k-600k? :p

Tiktaalik

Hero said:
Wii Fit will bring in so many new console owners that they're bound to pick up Mario.

Hahahah

What about those 2 million Wii Sports owners, the huge majority of which have completely ignored Mario Galaxy? Wii Fit is the same audience as Wii Sports. Clearly it's not making a connection.

Top Bottom