• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 3/17 - 3/23

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Linkzg said:
I am also quite shocked that Armored Core is that popular that it would be number 3. This isnt even a number sequel, it is like an expansion pack.

really?

i'm pretty sure just last year we had people predicting an armored-core-bump for the PS3.

lyre

Last week was kinda slow; glad it's picked up a bit again, tho it's highest sales is still not even a quarter million. "/

MisterHero

Tideas said:
wow, Nintendo definitely know how to milk it's popular franchise. They can just release a pokemon game, have like, 1 dungeon, 1 pokemon, and ppl will still buy 1 mill of it.
It's too bad they don't do that because I'd be able to finish them all. :p

Lobster

Banned
Deca Sporta did well. Should do around 150k for its first month.

Well done Hudson. You now don't have to survive off of Mario Party.

Hmm if it wasnt for nintendo Id think japanese gaming would be like... a fad or something. So many good games with low numbers. Im referring to first party of course.

d[-_-]b said:
6100 first day sales point to yes.
But it's a real game! Oh right, Japan...
11u9ufa.jpg

FUCKERS

Mrbob

d[-_-]b said:
6100 first day sales point to yes.

Damn.

And TN customized the game for DS as well. The games fate should be much better in the USA. Guess it goes to show userbase alone can't sell games. Need people who like these types of games to sell them. 6100 on a 21 million+ userbase is sad indeed. :(

Provider

Android18a said:
Bye bye Wii Fit :p

Yeah, bye bye, only 48K on its 15th week? pff

Seriously now, Smash is loosing the battle against Wii Fit. We all knew it was gonna happen, but it's still kinda* sad to see it.

*this comming from someone who hasn't bought Smash and is planning to get Wii Fit

DENKO

It is severe unless change a title name into an old name to sell Ninja Gaiden with Nintendo hardware.
Ninja Ryukenden
Because a name changes with Ninja Gaiden now, as for the person who played in Ninja Ryukenden in the past, there are many people who do not know it when it is the same series.

In the case of in Japan

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
DENKO said:
It is severe unless change a title name into an old name to sell Ninja Gaiden with Nintendo hardware.
Ninja Ryukenden
Because a name changes with Ninja Gaiden now, as for the person who played in Ninja Ryukenden in the past, there are many people who do not know it when it is the same series.

In the case of in Japan

Never thought of that, could be the case. Especially considering Ryu doesn't look anything like the original.

Who cares, though. The Little Bangaio Planet didn't make the top 30 :(

DENKO

The most of a Japanese user playing in recent Ninja Gaiden are different from the people who played Famicom(NES) in old days.

and Bangaio is lacking in merely advertising.

So Pokemon Ranger is growing. Not big into Pokemon, these are action RPG spin-offs, right? Are they any good or is it just the name?

Deca Sporta does surprisingly well, as does SC2. I would love to hear some impressions as well. AC and Tales don't improve over the weekend - both will probably fall off very fast.

Time Hollow does OK, I think Famitsu had this at only 25k, correct? Quite a discrepancy there.

I weep for Sega and RGGK, sure there are a lot of new releases but it'll probably continue it's steep decline and will most likely not even make close to 400k. Ending up around DMC4's numbers is not really good news for the franchise, esp. when there are not a lot of sales in the western markets on the horizon (unlike DMC4).

NG is a huge bomb - not even charting in the Top30 - it should get more sales in the west, but it's still disheartening.

Linkzg said:
I am also quite shocked that Armored Core is that popular that it would be number 3. This isnt even a number sequel, it is like an expansion pack.
Well it sold quite well on PS2.

Defuser said:
Don't play a DS portable game but play a PSP portable game. It's the DS consumers at fault for not buying good games like Bangaioh.
That's just funny on different levels.

jrricky

Banned
Defuser said:
I hope you buy the game. Japan's PSP GOTY

*multiple images of lines in japan*
man, monster hunter 3 is going to be huge with the addition of the big marketing push from capcom.O_O

legend166

jrricky said:
man, monster hunter 3 is going to be huge with the addition of the big marketing push from capcom.O_O

Eh, I doubt it. The console versions have historically sold less. 500k would be a pretty good result for it, I think. Who knows though, it's a bit of a wild card.

farnham

Banned
legend166 said:
Eh, I doubt it. The console versions have historically sold less. 500k would be a pretty good result for it, I think. Who knows though, it's a bit of a wild card.
500k is big in a world were the competitors top selling game is under 400k

Tenbatsu

legend166 said:

This is back then when the game is only played by the hardcore, now the situation had change, almost every people who owns a PSP on the street play Monster Hunter.

Pachael

Mdk7 said:
Ok now, seriously Japan... DECA SPORTS at fucking number TWO!?!?
WHAT THE FUCK!?!
O_O

Lends credence to assertions that:
A) Wii audience is viable for 3rd parties...
B) ...who make casual games

See We Ski (Namco).

Nocebo

Mdk7 said:
Ok now, seriously Japan... DECA SPORTS at fucking number TWO!?!?
WHAT THE FUCK!?!
O_O
What's so bad about Deca sports? Care to explain? What did you not like about it when you played it?

Peru

Sim City DS 2 impressions, someone. Fixed the flaws?

Ninja Gaiden is a real shame, I do think it'll do better both in Europe and the USA though.
Can't necessarily say the same about Bangai-O, but I'll do my part.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Reposting from last week's thread, Sinobi commentary:

- Echochrome sold out or nearly sold out.
- House of the Dead 2+3 Returns 50% sellthrough (poor sellthrough)
- Deca Sports third highest 3rd party opening on Wii after DQS and RE:UC
- Army of Two considered a bomb.

Top Bottom