• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/26 - 6/1

test_account

XP-39C²
Stumpokapow said:
Yep. creamsugar wrote that they were "last weeks" numbers... although that's not right, so I suspect that they are either from last month or some other time. Probably last month, given the sick high PSP numbers.
Ok, thanks for the info :) Ye, i saw him mention something about last weeks numbers, but as you said, those numbers arent the same as last weeks numbers so i just wondered if they were actual numbers from some week some weeks or months ago :)

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Looks a little fishy to me that the top3 are all 2k higher than the real numbers and then twice that amount. The down 3 are the same btw. I dunno if it was a joke or what though, didn't check 2ch...
Ye, thats true, i thought maybe the numbers were from some holiday week or so, but as you said, the down 3 seems be the same (and i dont think the PS3 did as low as 10k in a week in the holidays).

Case said:
some people owe CrisKre an apology/

LOL damn! Reading through all the bashing that CrisKre took for his MGS4 predictions (pages 6-7 of this thread) was actually quite cringe inducing - kudos to him though for standing up to all of the whining & abuse and ultimately owning.

donny2112

cvxfreak said:
MGS4 gives me hope for Biohazard 5! :D

"Abandon hope all ye who publish here."

I don't think RE has the core following that MGS has. RE also has the muddying influence of not being restricted to a single platform last generation, so a lot of RE fans probably went with the Wii. Umbrella Chronicles certainly shows some of that influence.

juicyfruitas said:
LOL damn! Reading through all the bashing that CrisKre took for his MGS4 predictions (pages 6-7 of this thread) was actually quite cringe inducing - kudos to him though for standing up to all of the whining & abuse and ultimately owning.

I don't understand how people can love sales-age so much but be so pessimistic at the same time. CrisKre's prediction wasn't anywhere close to being unrealistic, even when it was made.

_leech_ said:
I don't understand how people can love sales-age so much but be so pessimistic at the same time. CrisKre's prediction wasn't anywhere close to being unrealistic, even when it was made.
Loving Sales-Age doesn't mean solely making pie-in-the-sky predictions. YES those predictions seemed unrealistic, but due to it being a completely out-of-the-ordinary sales event some of the wackier predictions ended up validated. Systems with a two million userbase just don't go around selling half a million copies of a game in its first week. Systems of any sort don't sell games to 20+% of the userbase in one week. This is a freak 0.01% happening. As I said in another thread, only Final Fantasy VII and X immediately come to mind as games that came more than a year after launch but sold to so much of the userbase immediately.

Top Bottom