• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Nov 30-Dec 6, 2009

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Any j-gaffer knows what's the supply situation of NSMBWii in Japan?
Amazon.jp is a good indicator if a game is in short supply or not:
It had a higher than recommended price for almost a week and right now it's sold out with the next shipment being scheduled for Sunday. Are there supply problems or Amazon has a limited ammount of copies?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
I understand Nintendo having trouble with Wii Fit, HG/SS or even DS carts but having trouble manufacturing a disc Wii game without any peripheral is unbelievable. Didn't they know this game would sell? Ever they had predicted 10 million copies sold for the fiscal year.
it must be the red case. The red case slows down the production.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Shortages or not, I really can't see NSMB Wii Sells more than 250k in its third week. It seems that people have high expections for this game.

V_Arnold

[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square-Enix) - 1st day - 850,000
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square-Enix) - 1st week - 1,100,000
[WII] New Super Mario Bros Wii (Nintendo) - 3rd week - 325,000
PS3 Hardware - 175,000
WII Hardware - 110,000

faridmon

Man, i am excited to see the numbers for FF XIII. You can say i am more excited to see the numbers than the actual impressions and the videos.
well it makes sense since i am not playing it.:lol

botticus

Er, I'm revising my predictions since apparently I was asleep with my last ones (was thinking about Mario's second week and swapped hardware, and also compared it to the wrong week last year).

[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square-Enix) - 1st day - 925K
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square-Enix) - 1st week - 1.2M
[WII] New Super Mario Bros Wii (Nintendo) - 3rd week - 375K
PS3 Hardware - 170K
WII Hardware - 150K

jcm

Kotaku says that Ameblo says the first day shipment for FFXIII is 1M, with another 300K coming within the first week.

Edit: Oops. I'm very late. In my defense, I used the search this thread function with the term Ameblo and came up empty. My apologies.

Does the article mention how many bundles were shipped?

duckroll

Ameblo is a Japanese blog host. Saying that Ameblo is reporting it, is like saying Livejournal is reporting something. :lol

Sage00

Once And Future Member
"the guy corrected himself and now says 1.6-8mil btw.

He's also known as an attention whore and not exactly the most reliable source of information, going by his past achievements"

From the kotaku comments. Any truth to that?

dolemite

Sage00 said:
"the guy corrected himself and now says 1.6-8mil btw.

He's also known as an attention whore and not exactly the most reliable source of information, going by his past achievements"

From the kotaku comments. Any truth to that?
Kotaku comments are also talking about FF VII remake as a done deal, any truth to that?

duckroll

dolemite said:
Kotaku comments are also talking about FF VII remake as a done deal, any truth to that?

My friend's brother works at Squaresoft, and they're totally making the game right now. Barret is going to be voiced by Michael Clarke Duncan.

jcm

duckroll said:
Ameblo is a Japanese blog host. Saying that Ameblo is reporting it, is like saying Livejournal is reporting something. :lol
I'm feeling dumber by the second. Are you familiar with the blog that was linked? Is it considered reliable?

I promise to never post a Kotaku article again.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
jcm said:
I'm feeling dumber by the second. Are you familiar with the blog that was linked? Is it considered reliable?

I promise to never post a Kotaku article again.
Ameblo has reliable posters and joke posters. If something importart is posted there you can be sure that it will be posted here too (and before Kotaku).

duckroll said:
My friend's brother works at Squaresoft, and they're totally making the game right now. Barret is going to be voiced by Michael Clarke Duncan.

And Cloud will be voiced by Robert Pattinson.

Takao

Banned
SmokyDave said:
It's beautiful. I must pay more attention to Media Create.

Just don't look at how Sony's western PSP games fare (Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier did miserable, MotorStorm: Arctic Edge, known in Japan as Raging Ice, did even worse).

AceBandage said:
And Cloud will be voiced by Robert Pattinson.

Biggest selling game of the generation.

KtSlime

Predictions

[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square-Enix) - 1st day - 980k
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square-Enix) - 1st week - 1.27M
[WII] New Super Mario Bros Wii (Nintendo) - 3rd week - 322k
PS3 Hardware - 228K
WII Hardware - 171K

It's a shame that Square-Enix is barely shipping FF13, I'm sure it would have done more if there were more copies.

donny2112

ivedoneyourmom said:
It's a shame that Square-Enix is barely shipping FF13, I'm sure it would have done more if there were more copies.

There is some logic to it. They're shipping based on pre-orders, and the sales of Final Fantasy as a series, above just about any other series, are dictated by that first week. Overship that, and it'll be as hard to sell out the first shipment as
Monster Hunter 3
! :lol

KtSlime

donny2112: Yeah, I'm aware of how the market works there, and that it is much more prone to market forces, and not so much the msrp, however, I was at least expecting 1.2M for the first shipment with following shipments of around 200k. At the rate they are supplying the stores, I think FF13 will have a hard time breaking 1.5M total. By the time they have that many copies in Japan, it will be week 5 already.

Road

If FFXIII will have a hard time breaking 1.5 million, it won't probably be because of low shipments. If it's sold out within the week, then we can put the blame on that.

PREDICTIONS

[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square-Enix) - 1st day - 899,000
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square-Enix) - 1st week - 1,199,000
[WII] New Super Mario Bros Wii (Nintendo) - 3rd week - 319,000
PS3 Hardware - 179,000
WII Hardware - 149,000

neo2046

Inazuma Eleven 2 breaks 1 million
Level 5 announced that Inazuma Eleven 2 (2 versions) have been shipped over 1 million
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1230557_1124.html

cvxfreak

In case there was any doubt about NSMB Wii stock...

zujz45.jpg

Took this picture today. Notice the HUGE stack of NSMB Wii boxes, with the one on top indicating how many there actually are. This is just one store about of perhaps two dozen in the area.

However...

sn08kl.jpg

One per customer, bitches. :lol

duckroll

Congratulations to Level 5. Shipping over a million of Inazuma Eleven 2 is a huge jump from the original game. They're the most successful new publisher this generation for sure.

duckroll

Nirolak said:
So comparing those to the numbers in the OP I get:

DIFFERENT TRACKERS.

Based on Enterbrain numbers, NSMBW should have done 464k in the second week.

I don't have LTDs for PS3 and Wii under Enterbrain.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Sorry guys, no predictions change from now on. Those who predicted NSMBWii<300k and Wii~100k for next week better luck next time.

jeremy1456

I'm starting to get a very serious feeling that even with the help of FFXIII the PS3 will not outsell the Wii a single week this month.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
jeremy1456 said:
I'm starting to get a very serious feeling that even with the help of FFXIII the PS3 will not outsell the Wii a single week this month.
I'd be surprised if they didn't on FFXIII week, but I could see them falling below the week after.

Top Bottom